Poll: Which do you prefer, and why?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've never played Magic and I have only rarely played Pokemon. I love love love to play Yu-Gi-Oh though.

Deleted
    Definately MtG. It was so much fun, I will never forget me and my friends finding out cool combinations that obliterated every other deck we built before and go to semi finals on like every other tournament we participated. Haven't tried the others though.

Magic>pokemon>Yugioh. I simply cannot believe that yugioh is ahead of pokemon in the poll, but I guess I just dont understand a lot of things about kids these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your missing wow tcg, and on a site devoted to blizzard games.

I Started cardgames with Yugioh, i did tournaments and won Season 1 tournament sets.

The local card shop was run by a magic veteran, and we often got tons of free cards, stacks and stacks of all kinds of sets and rarity, for whoever won a group table game
    There were rare cards for the winner and first to make a kill.

So i got into magic, its magic that eventually led me to mmo's like maplestory and wow.

So if i could id vote for both, but i gota say magic is simpler to read the cards, yugioh needs a microscope to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell chooses Yugioh over Pokemon? Fools and trolls, all of you!

I did not even know that pokemon had a card game too... I mean I was vaguely aware there were cards for it, but I thought people just collected them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I did not even know that pokemon had a card game too... I mean I was vaguely aware there were cards for it, but I thought people just collected them.
    I know, I'm actually shocked at how many people voted for Pokemon on this poll (meh, I figured I had to include it in a CCG poll). I'm wondering if these people actually play the game, or just remember the nostalgia of collecting the cool cards. I've seen some decks, the game looks as basic as you can get even compared to YGO, which doesn't seem terribly complex either compared to MtG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    I know, I'm actually shocked at how many people voted for Pokemon on this poll (meh, I figured I had to include it in a CCG poll). I'm wondering if these people actually play the game, or just remember the nostalgia of collecting the cool cards. I've seen some decks, the game looks as basic as you can get even compared to YGO, which doesn't seem terribly complex either compared to MtG.
    I frickin played the hell out of Pokemon. We had tournaments at the comic book store in my old neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    Shocked?! Pokemon was the best. I both played and collected.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Deadlands was the best CCG ever sadly it did not have popular appeal.
    this, honestly. also the WotC Star Wars ccg was pretty good (though somewhat shallow) and the WoW tcg is an interesting take on the Warcraft universe as well. I'd put both WoW and DL ahead of Magic, then SW, then anything else
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

I see MTG is leading.
    Why not add the other CCG to this voting?
    - Star Wars ccg
    - Berserk: The Cataclysm ccg
    - World of Warcraft ccg, what else?

As far as card games go, Magic the Gathering is too easy to exploit with the right cards, and too easy to fail at with a starter deck. I once had a deck that used those nature tokens, I could get a hundred 1/1 tokens out and pound the hell out of anyone. The Pokemon card game is absolutely horrible. They can't even keep a card layout. (The handheld Turn-based strategy games? Love em! I still go to tournaments. Since red. :3) And as for Yu-Gi-Oh, I love playing it. It's very balanced,because they ban cards that get overused in overpowered combos. So, good for us.

Magic the Gathering was the best to play, followed by Yu Gi Oh, then Pokemon.

However, Yu Gi Oh inspired the amazing Abridged Series by Littlekuriboh, and for that only its the one I like the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Your missing wow tcg, and on a site devoted to blizzard games.
    I would say anyone is 'missing' it. hehehehe <3

I used to be pretty big into MTG when I was younger and won a few local tournys in my day, most notably with a massive sliver deck. As far as playable card games go its always gonna be MTG no question, I did collect pokemon cards because I am a huge nerd but I also sold my pokemon collection for a ton of cash while it was still popular before I moved on (still have a few mtg decks around somewhere).

Anyways this whole thread brings me back to a simpler time, a time.. of pokemon, but no really thanks for the nostalgia put me down for magic.

Edit: Who remembers that feeling you got when you unwrapped a foily??? C'MON!
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    MtG for playing a card game.

Pokemon for the first series :P

I knew that whole song by heart. I'm not sure if that is good or not, probably good.

though on topic, I've never played MtG, and I've had very little yu-gi-oh experience. So I guess pokemon? The original tcg was somewhat balanced, maybe. The new ones are just broken though. I think they are more fun for collecting that actually playing.

MTG. Never heard of yugioh, and pokemon is just a p.o.s. cartoon for me, no offense to fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    AND WHY DOES THIS POLL NOT INCLUDE DIGIMON? Voted Pokemon anyways.

I use to love yugioh and pokemon, but for a card game then definitely yugioh.

Fun fact: Yu-gi-oh is the most popular trading card game, worldwide. I don't have the source on me but I'll try to find it and edit it into this post in a bit.

That being said, I've been playing MTG since Ice Age and it's the only TCG I've played seriously. Maybe it's because I've already made such a huge investment that I don't want to pay more money to start on another TCG? Who knows but it's constantly changing and very very fun.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta go with Magic. It's the original, and still the best. AND it's the one of the three listed that Chris Chan doesn't play.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who