Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    You're stranded on an island...

    You have a belt, a lighter, and a small pocket knife.

    The island is identical to the one in Cast Away so there are trees, coconuts, and enough water to live on because of the constant storms.

    THE CATCH: There is a tribe of semi intelligent and aggresive crab people, about 5 feet tall, that live on the far side of the island, in and around the cave from the movie. There are roughly two dozen crab people and from your limited observations, they seem to be lead by a large but old crab person who likes coconuts.

    Describe, in detail, how you would approach the situation

    I'll share my strategy after a few people respond
    Last edited by Hammatimme; 2011-09-06 at 02:22 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmv2eAESfM
    All I gotta say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You don´t like getting people with new gear don´t pug simple as that - and don´t gripe about it afterwards then your the retard.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Shadow the Edgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,485
    Give him coconuts to gain their trust, then kill them while they slep and have crab meat for the next few weeks until I'm rescued.
    This is WHO I AM.
    My Anime List -- Fate/Creed (Updated 3/31)
    Follow me on Twitter @ShaofPride!

    "But the real thing about Draenor is that it's a very kind of savage place, it's kind of like Australia where 11/10 things will kill you, giants and poisonous plants and everything. I think it's going to be really cool." Ray Cobo
    WoW: Prot/Fury Warrior
    Diablo 3: Crusader

  3. #3
    Get a stick, use my belt to tie my pocket knife onto the stick to make a spear. Then I herd all the crab people into a pen I made out of vines and bamboo. Farm them like cattle and live until I get rescued.

  4. #4
    I'd pick them off 1 by 1 and eat them.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Give him coconuts to gain their trust, then kill them while they slep and have crab meat for the next few weeks until I'm rescued.
    Pretty much what i would try as well.

  6. #6
    Stay the fuck outta their way, although if they were semi intelligent....maybe they have a boat I can use.

  7. #7
    Gain the crab people's trust with coconuts. Then, trick them into a pit with flammable leaves and such. Light a stick or something from the ground, throw into pit, watch as they cook alive.
    I'm actually looking for money, work is just an unwanted side effect.

  8. #8
    i would prepare myself with crafted blunt weapons and go in guns blazing...
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

    What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

  9. #9
    Well Since there is no such thing as crab people I get the same liberties you do. I use my Wings, you didn't say I didn't have wings you only said what items I have wings are part of my body, and fly above them and mark their location. I then fly back to civilization, if it's the same Island that would be the Cook Islands about 600 miles away, describe what I have seen to the media and make millions in interviews without killing a single creature.
    Last edited by nannuq; 2011-09-06 at 02:46 AM.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,820
    Hold my pants up with the belt, then fend off the crab people with my knife and fiery coconuts.

  11. #11
    If there any crab ladies? If yes would they give me a crabs if i do them?
    I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. ... You hear that, Ed? BEARS! Now you are putting the whole station in jeopardy

  12. #12
    I would ask Syfo Dias for a clone of myself, then I would merge into an archon while killing their woman with my third clone, that did not merge and was playing a rogue, then I would eat them and use their shells to get me some powder so I could make some crazy redstone system that would blink till the satelites caught it.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    993
    first I would reforge all my gear into cooking skill, then do dailies until i have enough tokens to buys a crab recipe. Make some cocounut alcohol, and cook me up some crab people.

  14. #14
    First I'd find a way to gain their trust then set traps and capture them and force them to breed. Once I have enough I'll make a giant pot of crab. The smell will attract people from miles away from shore making the island a famous tourist spot, and I'll become rich. After a while I'll have enough money to buy people to make me a giant pleasure cruise boat, so I can finally sail off the island while eating the last crab person for a tasty dinner while listening to the song "I'm on a Boat". Like a Boss!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nannuq View Post
    Well Since there is no such thing as crab people I get the same liberties you do. I use my Wings, you didn't say I didn't have wings you only said what items I have wings are part of my body, and fly above them and mark their location. I then fly back to civilization, describe what I have seen to the media and make millions in interviews without killing a single creature.
    You're creative if nothing else lol


    On topic, my solution to the problem: How to Conquer the Universe in 6 Easy Steps

    1. Use the belt and knife to make a spear and set a trap for the crab king using coconuts as bait.

    2. Parade his head in front of the remaining crab people and subjugate them.

    3. Begin an extensive breeding program with the crab people until there are thousands, at which point you begin the invasion of all nereby islands.

    4. Once the Pacific is overrun with a never ending crab people army, begin expansion in all directions until there is nothing left to conquer.

    5. Begin deep space exploration and conquest, within 50 years the solar system should be fully colonized with further missions heading to solar systems many light years away.

    6. Continue expansion at whatever pace is possible with the technology available.

    And that is how you conquer the known universe in 6 easy steps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmv2eAESfM
    All I gotta say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You don´t like getting people with new gear don´t pug simple as that - and don´t gripe about it afterwards then your the retard.

  16. #16
    Do like the ogre quests in blades edge and lure the coconut loving crab out challenge him and kill him. Loot his body and make armor out of his shell then become the king of the crab people and have them fish for you and gather driftwood/etc.


    Personally I would use the belt and the knife to gather coconuts and establish a trade with the crab people. I would also show them fire and how to cook fish.


    As to your solution, How did you know which crabs you wanted to have sex with? Are the crab people sexually dimorphic?
    Last edited by frogger237; 2011-09-06 at 02:54 AM.

  17. #17
    I would first earn the Crab peoples' trust by offering them coconuts, giving me access to the cave. Then, I would borrow some rocks from the cave and use the knife and some brush to start a fire. I would form the fire and rocks into a glassblowing device. I would take sand and any minerals from the island to make a thick, reflective glass. Finally, I would constantly survey for nearby aircraft or ships and shine light with my glass toward my hopeful rescuers.

  18. #18
    I'd avoid them as much as I can and observe their mannerisms so I can act like one of them. Since they're aggressive there's a high chance they're going to try to kill me if I just approach them and offer coconuts so I'll avoid them as much as possible however I'll still carry coconuts around with me to bargain with if I'm captured or cornered. If they accept and take me to their elder I'll try become a member of the tribe and undergo whatever rites they have and learn their ways.

    I think it would be pretty much impossible to kill them off, especially 1 by 1 since they're probably hunting in groups, and being crab people despite being shorter, they're probably hardier making them harder to overpower with just a pocket knife, you'd probably need to make a sledge hammer to break their shell.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Do like the ogre quests in blades edge and lure the coconut loving crab out challenge him and kill him. Loot his body and make armor out of his shell then become the king of the crab people and have them fish for you and gather driftwood/etc.


    Personally I would use the belt and the knife to gather coconuts and establish a trade with the crab people. I would also show them fire and how to cook fish.


    As to your solution, How did you know which crabs you wanted to have sex with? Are the crab people sexually dimorphic?
    Perhaps i should change the wording if it sounds like i was the one to breed with the crabs lol. The message i wished to convey was that I'd make the crabs breed with eachother

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 02:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I'd avoid them as much as I can and observe their mannerisms so I can act like one of them. Since they're aggressive there's a high chance they're going to try to kill me if I just approach them and offer coconuts so I'll avoid them as much as possible however I'll still carry coconuts around with me to bargain with if I'm captured or cornered. If they accept and take me to their elder I'll try become a member of the tribe and undergo whatever rites they have and learn their ways.

    I think it would be pretty much impossible to kill them off, especially 1 by 1 since they're probably hunting in groups, and being crab people despite being shorter, they're probably hardier making them harder to overpower with just a pocket knife, you'd probably need to make a sledge hammer to break their shell.
    As I recall, there were a good number of rocks and boulders on the island. A trap involving the boulders would not be impossible to put together if their armor proved too much for a spear
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmv2eAESfM
    All I gotta say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You don´t like getting people with new gear don´t pug simple as that - and don´t gripe about it afterwards then your the retard.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Shaefaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Generally in a house.
    Posts
    380
    Ignore the crab people and punch trees for wood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •