Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    Laughed.. Then after much thinking. Cried.

Deleted
    gain their trust, maybe breed with a few female crabs if they hot n stuff.

Stage One:
    Observation.
    Determine the physical limitations of the crab people.
    • What is their range of motion?
    • Can they climb trees?
    • What is their swimming speed and ability? [Some crabs can swim and some cannot]
    • How mobile and agile are they on land?
    • What is their diet? Does it consist of items a human can safely ingest?
    • How strong are their claws and shells?
    • Et cetera
    Determine the social aspects of the crab people.
    • Do they have a spoken language?
    • Do they communicate verbally and/or with gestures?
    • Is there a hierarchy, or do they simply defer to the eldest crab person?
    • What concepts of property does their society use? Is food shared among all the crab people? Does each crab forage for their self?
    • Do they seem to carry any property past simple survival?
    • Et cetera

Stage Two
    First Contact
    • While they are aggressive, are they openly hostile?
    • If they are't immediately hostile, and cannot collect coconuts themselves, are they open to trade (such as for fish or shellfish)?
    • Engage an individual in a situation that leaves me several routes of escape should things go badly. Determine trade possibilities.

Stage Three
    Survival
    If hostile, I'll engage in a guerrilla war against the crab people. Based on their shell's strength, mobility, and agility, direct assaults on individuals may be viable; otherwise I'll rig traps and lure them in. A pit filled with water that they cannot climb or dig out of sounds nice. Light a fire under it and slowly boil the crab for dinner. Devise a simple pulley and braid vines to form a rope; raise a bolder and drop it on an unsuspecting crab person. A few individuals will be captured and maintained. I won't wipe out a species, despite any hostilities.
    If trade is possible, begin negotiations and determine to what extent the crab people can be taught. I wouldn't expect them to pick up calculus right away, but maybe simple tools and machines would be possible. With some luck, both the crab people and I can prosper on the island (and beyond?).
    Last edited by Nalnik; 2011-09-06 at 10:07 AM.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Stage One:
    Observation.
    Determine the physical limitations of the crab people.
    • What is their range of motion?
    • Can they climb trees?
    • What is their swimming speed and ability? [Some crabs can swim and some cannot]
    • How mobile and agile are they on land?
    • What is their diet? Does it consist of items a human can safely ingest?
    • How strong are their claws and shells?
    • Et cetera
    Determine the social aspects of the crab people.
    • Do they have a spoken language?
    • Do they communicate verbally and/or with gestures?
    • Is there a hierarchy, or do they simply defer to the eldest crab person?
    • What concepts of property does their society use? Is food shared among all the crab people? Does each crab forage for their self?
    • Do they seem to carry any property past simple survival?
    • Et cetera

Stage Two
    First Contact
    • While they are aggressive, are they openly hostile?
    • If they are't immediately hostile, and cannot collect coconuts themselves, are they open to trade (such as for fish or shellfish)?
    • Engage an individual in a situation that leaves me several routes of escape should things go badly. Determine trade possibilities.

Stage Three
    Survival
    If hostile, I'll engage in a guerrilla war against the crab people. Based on their shell's strength, mobility, and agility, direct assaults on individuals may be viable; otherwise I'll rig traps and lure them in. A pit filled with water that they cannot climb or dig out of sounds nice. Light a fire under it and slowly boil the crab for dinner. Devise a simple pulley and braid vines to form a rope; raise a bolder and drop it on an unsuspecting crab person. A few individuals will be captured and maintained. I won't wipe out a species, despite any hostilities.
    If trade is possible, begin negotiations and determine to what extent the crab people can be taught. I wouldn't expect them to pick up calculus right away, but maybe simple tools and machines would be possible. With some luck, both the crab people and I can prosper on the island (and beyond?).
    Damn, you're smart and creative, wich I could think like that..

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Kill all crab people by making a spear, go crazy call one of the dead shells Wilson, sustain myself for five more years then I have the brilliant idea of making a raft and peddle my way back to a giant rainbow take the pot of gold from the leprechaun and me and Wilson would live happily ever after

give them coconuts to gain their trust, see if my ability to control fire impresses them and I become their leader/god, that'd be enough. if some favor me and some don't I'll lead my crab-people against their crab people, then turn on my own and murder all of them. I'll eat like a king until I am rescued!

hmm, or when I give them the coconuts I will find an opportunity to sleep with the crab princess, a unique experience that gets me hated by the rest of the crab people. the child becomes the king of both crab and man and the new leader, and he leads the crab people into an era of prosperity and serious confusion after rescuers come too late and all they find is a bunch of crab people and a half-crab half human king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.