[Music] Parov Stellar fans?

Just gauging if anyone really likes these guys. I have really been a fan of theirs for a while but I have a difficult time defining what genre they really are. I mean, seem to me like a mix of ragtime and techno but I could be completely oblivious to what it truly is. What do you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving to the Music forum for you.

These guys? I thought it was just only one guy, not a group lol D:

But anyway, I first got into him (or them?) after seeing this vid:

But anyway, I guess I'd think of it as Swing/Dance music...so what you said basically I guess (although if I'm totally honest I don't think I totally know what ragtime is...). But he's mixed it together and really made it something all of it's own

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. My boyfriend plays this all the time as we're raiding in WoW, he loves it and I love listening to it :P It's great music!

It's called Electro-Swing, I believe
    Rathian - 85 Enh Shaman
    Cavatus - 85 Druid
    Barroth - 85 Prot Pally
    Basarios- 85 MM Hunter
    Yes, I play male tauren. No, I am not a guy.

the dancing guy has nothing to do with the Band. doubt he is quite talented i must say
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Parov Stellar is awesome but doesn't have a big following. Catgroove has been on my main playlist for ages.

Yea they are pretty amazing, I listen to them a lot when I study.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    the dancing guy has nothing to do with the Band. doubt he is quite talented i must say
    I know, lol. just saying how my fandom for that dancing guy was how I first heard of parov stellar. giving him credit for introducing me to some awesome music...actually he has indirectly introduced me to a lot of cool acts I likely wouldn't have otherwise heard. but back to the topic at hand : p

Have to say none of the other songs of his I've heard (may be speaking from a position of ignorance here, I def have not heard his entire body of work) nail it for me quite like catgroove and ^, but still, it's an awesome blend of genres
    Last edited by snarkysnark; 2011-09-07 at 02:52 AM.