Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Cataclysm Leveling Stats, Level 85 Poll, Comics

Stats: Character Leveling Speed in Cataclysm
    There were no blue posts today because of the Labor Day holiday, Blizzard posters will probably be back tomorrow with more news!

It has been too long since we posted some stats and this time we took a look at how many characters reached Level 85 each day since Cataclysm was released. This only includes data from the US Realms to keep the dates simpler. This does not include all of the level 85 characters in the US, only a sample of 1.1 million. Interested in seeing some other statistics? Let us know in the comments!

• You can see that a very large number of people reached Level 85 in the first week after release, thousands even the first day.
    • It seems that people enjoy leveling during the weekend with a spike on Saturday and an even larger spike on Sunday.
    • You can see where Patch 4.1 and Patch 4.2 came out, decreasing the amount of leveling briefly.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Poll: How many characters have you leveled to 85?
    While we were working on these stats, we figured it was a good time to ask how many characters you have leveled to 85. Let us know in the poll below!

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comics #303 and Teh Gladiators #268 + #269 are available!

Last edited by chaud; 2011-09-06 at 04:38 AM.

Why stop on 5 or more? I have 9 85. 8 in the same realm. And there are lots of people with all 10 slots filled.

Deleted
    I have 5, with another 5 close, working on my 10 I do love seeing these stats! XD

EDIT: LOL I love comic 268!

2nd EDIT: I meant the Dark Legacy Comics #303
    Last edited by mmoc9e94235ac9; 2011-09-06 at 11:17 PM.

Dang looks like a steady amount of people lvls for the past 4 months now

15+ Year Old Account
    Gah chaud and his data withholdings :-P
    Last edited by Blacksen; 2011-09-06 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    why only about 35k people reach lvl 85 first day, i thought like 10 million people played this game

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    The most interesting thing about these stats are how few accounts there are in the United States at level 85.

Purely an estimate, but if there are 7k people hitting 80 per day (on average), and we've had 200 days since launch, that's only 1.4 million level 85 characters.

If each account has, on average, 2 level 85 characters, then that's only 700k max level accounts.

Both of those are pretty generous estimates (I'm guessing that the average 85s per account is much higher, and that the 7k people per day is way too high).
    I debated adding it to the post, but this is maybe 1/3rd or less of the level 85 characters in the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I debated adding it to the post, but this is maybe 1/3rd or less of the level 85 characters in the US.
    Gah, you should have said that for sure. I looked at that and went "wow, VERY few people play now a days."

10+ Year Old Account
    2881 club represent?

Also, I like the small dip every tuesday
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2011-09-06 at 04:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    why only about 35k people reach lvl 85 first day, i thought like 10 million people played this game
    These are stats in US alone, not everyone bums off the game either :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone plays 8 hours a day. The average casual gamer got to 85 1-2 weeks after. Some people might have leveled a worgen/goblin or another class instead of their main first. Or something else entirely. Some people might have not bought the game the second it came out, or could play it the second it came out. Some people didn't even reboot their subscription until a bit after it came out.

no real reason to level different 85s anymore. buffs are provided by multiple classes, hunters, warlocks and shadow priests are literally the same. i eeven use the same keybinds for these characters.

Isn't the 10 million WORLDWIDE, comprehending 3 regions? Still Xeddin is right.I would expect three times those numbers on the first days. It's from ALL US servers, and both factions?

its because the endgame is soooooooo good that players no longer want to create new alts

seriously though guys, its from a sample of 1.1 million so what the numbers are really saying is that around 18.5% of all players got to lvl 85 within the first week of cata (203764 from 8th till 15th) and most level on weekends.
    Last edited by rockdontroll; 2011-09-06 at 04:41 AM.

I went ahead and added the sample size to the post, 1.1 million characters.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those numbers seem way too low... Is this all the US realms? Or just a select few?

Ahh I see now
    Last edited by Amsden; 2011-09-06 at 04:40 AM.

I can understand why. Me and my buds didn't hit 85 until the 2nd-4th days. The 1st day or two we were busy leveling our Goblins/Worgen.

OH... that's better, if we consider the data consistent, we end reaching the numbers at least 3 times higher for the US region as whole.