Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    So for those playing the game, how is it? From early reviews it seems as a decent 8/10 game.

Basically its like a snowball, you just keep rolling and rolling building up speed and kicking everything in the teeth as you go by, it is for the most part non stop action, cut scenes, voice acting, I mean there is not a lot of it going on and people can be picky about that, but this game has so much action you are not going to give a shit about anything else XD If you love stomping and beating, slashing, shooting things to death this is the game for that kind of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    Basically its like a snowball, you just keep rolling and rolling building up speed and kicking everything in the teeth as you go by, it is for the most part non stop action, cut scenes, voice acting, I mean there is not a lot of it going on and people can be picky about that, but this game has so much action you are not going to give a shit about anything else XD If you love stomping and beating, slashing, shooting things to death this is the game for that kind of person.
    This is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.

After playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution it's gonna be nice to just turn off the brain with some fun old-school over the top action gameplay!
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    This is pretty much exactly how I felt playing it this morning. It's good mindless face and ass kicking. I'm trying to juggle dead island and space marine right now on my days off but so far they are awesome contrasts yet similar in the stomping department.

I will let it be known, I am angry at those that can play it right now.. Still waiting for it to arrive. Damn me and having to buy the CE from THQ. lol
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Is this good on pc? Planning on buying For multiplayer ofcource.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn me not having enough money to buy the game! DAMNIT! ;D

Deleted
    gotta wait until friday in the UK, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by imtehrogue View Post
    Is this good on pc? Planning on buying For multiplayer ofcource.
    I'm playing it on PC and it's great. Just want to point out that there is no MP campaign, from as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear.

After playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution it's gonna be nice to just turn off the brain with some fun old-school over the top action gameplay!
    Dude same for me to rofl, I am playing stealth playstyle on hard mode, it involves a lot of thinking, It was like a huge release to unload on everything in front of me (giggity) XD when I put this game on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    i played the demo on xbox i wasnt so excited about it....other than the jetpack it seems like another god of war imitator

edit: your about to hit 1k posts grats in advance
    Gears Of War, Not God Of War ... This is NOTHING like God Of War ... the playstyle is completely different. God Of War didn't have an overabundance of "ChestHighWalls!" (Yatzee)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendandtear View Post
    Gears Of War, Not God Of War ... This is NOTHING like God Of War ... the playstyle is completely different. God Of War didn't have an overabundance of "ChestHighWalls!" (Yatzee)
    God of war did have the manic close combat though, just like space marine. It gets fucking mental when you are taking on 30 Orks at once with a Chainsword or power axe.

Deleted
    I've finished the campaign, was a blast.
    The story was a bit flat....but oh well....that has never been a strong point of a 40k relic game.
    Combat feels smooth and refined, never felt that i died due to faulty game design.

Multiplayer on the other hand is unplayable(at least for me), even though the idea is pretty neat. Space marines vs chaos space marines with unlockable classes and so forth.
    No dedicated servers, just steamplay matchmaking and the netcode heavily favors the host. Somehow i get paired with us hosts, even though i'm from europe.
    happy lag fest!

There is also no incentive play as a team. You get rewarded for solo kill streaks and killing people, not contributing your team.(yeah killing in a way is that, but people who play games like tf2 and bf know what i mean).

10+ Year Old Account
    Got through the first chapter. Pretty good. Taking a break, might try some multiplayer tonight.

Deleted
    i played the demo on xbox i wasnt so excited about it....other than the jetpack it seems like another god of war imitator

God of War is a cheap imitation of WH40k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K0ng View Post
    I've finished the campaign, was a blast.
    The story was a bit flat....but oh well....that has never been a strong point of a 40k relic game.
    Combat feels smooth and refined, never felt that i died due to faulty game design.

Multiplayer on the other hand is unplayable(at least for me), even though the idea is pretty neat. Space marines vs chaos space marines with unlockable classes and so forth.
    No dedicated servers, just steamplay matchmaking and the netcode heavily favors the host. Somehow i get paired with us hosts, even though i'm from europe.
    happy lag fest!

There is also no incentive play as a team. You get rewarded for solo kill streaks and killing people, not contributing your team.(yeah killing in a way is that, but people who play games like tf2 and bf know what i mean).
    Most of Europe does not get the game until friday, thats why.

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    God of War is a cheap imitation of WH40k.
    You mean Gears of war. God of war is based in Greek mythology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Most of Europe does not get the game until friday, thats why.
    That explains the horrible lagg. darn. Well, let#s just hope it's get better. i hate it when my heavy heavy bolter is trying to hit warping space marines.

Deleted
    I might pick it up once it's dropped a little in price... I've just bought £250,- worth of games, so... yeah, it'll have to wait a bit, not like I got time to play with it for the next month or two-three. I am looking forward to the co-op component.

i just read the review, but need to know is there ability customizing or skill tree's, and/or loot pickups other than weapons? like armor and emblems or something?

i hope its got more depth than just button masher with weapons...those games get old way too fast with me.

10+ Year Old Account

Since when is Kratos now in power armor and using a bolter? or for that matter a fps game.... God I'm so sick of reading or hearing crap like that....

back on topic, being a fan of warhammer 40k until the constant rules changes and price increases.... I'll be getting this game and enjoying it.. Just wish it wan't the damn smurf legion.... ugh Ultramarines.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Since when is Kratos now in power armor and using a bolter? or for that matter a fps game.... God I'm so sick of reading or hearing crap like that....

back on topic, being a fan of warhammer 40k until the constant rules changes and price increases.... I'll be getting this game and enjoying it.. Just wish it wan't the damn smurf legion.... ugh Ultramarines.
    Supposedly you can play as Chaos in multiplayer.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULLTHRONE OF KHORNE!

OT: So, someone said on page 1 that they could play their pre ordered steam copy atm altho they live in the EU... Any word on that? I dont think im going to last till friday ;D