Thread: Gear help

Gear help

Hello fellow druids. Looking for some help with gear choices on my druid. I currently have 7600 valor to spend and am not sure what route to take. As you can see I have 2044 haste. I will drop a haste gem for an int gem at whatever point I get /1/ more haste to still be at the 2005 breakpoint.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone sees anything to change or buy to help out although it's not necessary (I am easily the 2nd top healer in our guild in 25 [stupid disc priest], generally 1st in our 10 mans) I figure I can try and maximize my gear more just because I can. We are 3/7 25, 6/7 10. I have no mana problems with my current spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Beakerz/simple is a link to my character sheet. So anyway, have at it and let me know what I can change. Like I said I have 7600 valor but haven't bothered to buy anything because it's all itemized poorly (no haste for the loss!) and my current gear is fine for where we are at. Hopefully we can get Rag down soon (running 2 10s at 6/7).

Edit: Short edit to this post, is it worthwhile to reforge out of crit into mastery or just leave it as is? From my understanding crit is about equal to mastery so I've just left them both in the gear as they are and only reforged to hit haste break point. Is that the proper course of action?
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2011-09-06 at 01:24 PM.

Hey NightZero88,

Sadly I logged out in my Balance spec which includes about 5-6 diff pieces of gear.

You seem to be in a difficult spot, gear wise. I had a tough time with drops for awhile, and thus was unable to pick up(Or use) a few pieces of gear to maintain my 2005 Haste rating. Personally I do not like to dip below 20% Mastery if I can absolutely avoid it without sacrificing to much int. Currently in my Resto set up I am at 19% Mastery, 2008 Haste and 8400 int (My crit % escapes me).

The VP ring would be a poor choice if you are trying to maintain that 2005 breakpoint. The bracers would be an upgrade if you value Crit over Mastery(Then re-forged the Crit to Haste as you did with your current pair). But then again...if you get the bracers off Baleroc you'd gain ~112 more Haste and thus free up some of your Quick Amberjewel's.

You could finagle with your current re-forging as well. For example, if you do not have regen issues then reforge the Spirit on your Funeral Pyre to Haste instead of Crit to Haste. Things like that may be able to help you upgrade a 359 or 365 while maintaining your breakpoint. Personally I re-forge out of Crit and Spirit had have phenomenal output as well as 0 mana issues.
    Last edited by Meegs; 2011-09-06 at 07:45 PM.

I will see what I can do, it just stinks because I'm sitting on so much valor. Do you reforge crit to mastery? For example, if an item has say 150 haste and 150 crit, do you reforge crit to mastery or just leave it as is? And 20% mastery is nice, I'm only at 13% and that is with an equipped level of 370.

I'm at a good spot with gear so feel free to check out my armory and my reforges. But yea I tend to reforge crit to Haste or Mastery depending on need / itemization.

Name: Meegs
    Server: Mal'Ganis
    Region: US-EN

Won't let me post my link -_-

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I will see what I can do, it just stinks because I'm sitting on so much valor. Do you reforge crit to mastery? For example, if an item has say 150 haste and 150 crit, do you reforge crit to mastery or just leave it as is? And 20% mastery is nice, I'm only at 13% and that is with an equipped level of 370.
    Ideally you want to aim for balance between your Mastery and Crit (looking at percentages) - so if your mastery is a fair bit behind your Crit, I would reforge, if they're relatively close, I would leave it alone.

As for gear, the only thing off hand I see as far as Valor is your Relic - while you do lose that little bit of Mastery, you gain in Intellect and Spirit (if needed). You can also use the VP ring if your gear will support it (and you still have a long time to wait on your second ring).

We did Firelands 25 last night and I managed to snag the Glowing Wing Bracers from Baleroc. I also picked up the VP relic just because it was slightly better than my other one (10 ILevel). The bracers allowed me to swap out 3 haste gems for int gems.

I'm sure I could have reforged better but at the time it was nearing 1 am and I had work today so I just really quickly swapped stuff around.

My crit/mastery are pretty far off. Mastery being at 13.20% and crit at 19.03%. I'll play around more with reforges as I see a few pieces where I can reforge spi-->mastery and one where I can move crit-->Mastery.

Of one note, I know your off spec is feral, but of interesting note is that the boomkin gloves are ~40 more haste than the beth gloves, which might be enough to squeeze another non-haste item in at some point.