10+ Year Old Account

Which edition to get....

So with Batman Arkham City just around the corner, I have noticed that there are a plethora of various Pre-order bonuses, such as the costumes that you have no doubt seen, and are raging if you live the US as they haven't announced anything about them yet :P

There is also a 'Robin edition' from GAME.co.uk and a 'Joker edition' from Tesco (Supermarket chain in the UK if you didn't know :P ) Both of these contain unique challenge maps as Robin, or the Joker respectively and I believe you also get to just totally play the game as Robin as well if you want.

So my question to you is which one do you think would me more beneficial to purchase?

Also what are your opinions on games having this many Pre-order bonuses and editions across so many retailers, that you can never really hope to have them all?

Deleted
    Want to be a Villain or batmans bitch? I would go with the joker, Robin is lame.

Deleted
    Hmmm without looking at the editions myself my first initial reaction was "Robin edition? When has Robin ever brought anything good to the Batman franchise besides make it terrible". So that would be my train of thought on this and go with the Joker edition. You can play many games as batman / superman / spiderman, not very often you can play as the bad guys so would bring a little freshness to it I suppose.

I don't really have an opinion on the pre-order bonuses for this, I don't think its as drastic as those of Battlefield 3 which will actually give you an advantage in game online for the first few months. But I think this is more like from back in the day of what version of Pokemon do I go for - red or blue? Each has its pro's and their major cons are that they are seperate.

Just my take on it all anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looked at the TESCO website and it seems it has been pulled from the website so it has obviously sold out, which is a shame.

Scratch that I found it : http://www.tescoentertainment.com/st...ap/8%3a779744/

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Want to be a Villain or batmans bitch? I would go with the joker, Robin is lame.
    The Joker edition is just a challenge map from what I can determine and you still play as Batman, whereas the Robin edition allows you to play as robin outright.

Deleted
    If you can stand or like playing as Robin, I'd get the Robin edition. It might offer a bit more replay ability. So more worth for your money, essentially. But if you love Joker... I doubt that could sway you. So really, just consider which of the two is more like you and go with it. I'll be getting it once it hits the stores or is in stores for a while. Too much coming out, can't buy it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Just looked at the TESCO website and it seems it has been pulled from the website so it has obviously sold out, which is a shame.

Scratch that I found it : http://www.tescoentertainment.com/st...ap/8%3a779744/

---------- Post added 2011-09-06 at 05:54 PM ----------

The Joker edition is just a challenge map from what I can determine and you still play as Batman, whereas the Robin edition allows you to play as robin outright.
    Do you prefer Robin over batman? I always thought he was a joke sidekick.

Robin can be a bitch in some cases and stories but i dont think this version of Robin will be a pussy.

Keep in mind that Joker is completely fucked up right now also so... who knows?

I remembering reading that people complained something fierce when they announce Bestbuy preorders were how you got Robin and said they will be releasing Robin (and probably in that case Joker) edition items later, down the road.

Personally, I'm getting it from steam so which ever comes with that I'll take.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be geting the normal version of the game. There's always other ways to unlock or add these bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water