Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Kid Shot for Doorbell Ditching

I was reading the other post about the boy who got shot by a crossbow for throwing rocks at cars, and it reminded me of this story I heard this summer. My younger cousin from Kentucky was telling me about it, because the kid who got shot was one of his friends. Sure is a crazy world we live in.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...otgun-doorbell

Edit: The article fails to mention it, but my cousin said they did it 2 nights in a row, and he was waiting for them the 2nd time.

Deleted
    This takes me back to a story when I was 12 years old. My friend was moving to this new house, and on our way home from school we decided to go check out the building.
    When we got there we didn't see any lights, and I still don't know why, but my friend decided to rang the doorbell, but he seemed to be convinced no one was at home. Suddenly the door swings open, and this middle-aged woman is looking at us clueslessly (two children on bicycles who she doesn't know) so she starts asking what we are here to do, and since my friend rang the doorbell I decided he should do the talking.

But he just stood there.

So the womans husband comes up to us and he starts freaking out, thinking we were playing Doorbell Ditching, and he slaps my friend square in the face. We got the hell outta there.

Deleted
    He shot a kid in the back with a shotgun for a harmless prank? He deserves life in prison.

Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.
    win.pure win of statement. it might go into my sig

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    He shot a kid in the back with a shotgun for a harmless prank? He deserves life in prison.
    Maybe that will start teaching the youth of today that there are consequences for their actions. Yes, what the shooter did was overkill, but the youth of today think they should be able to do whatever they want with no repercussions.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

"Doorbell Ditching"

We called it something else when I was a kid.

I take it all these stories have taken place in america? and you guys can do w/e the fuck you like to trespassers aye? but yea it well ott and needs to be investiagted
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    "Doorbell Ditching"

We called it something else when I was a kid.
    Yes, but we can't call it that anymore due to political correctness.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I can understand the crossbow to the gut... but really?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? He SHOT a kid because the kid rung the doorbell and ran away?

Issues. That guy has them.

Deleted
    We call it knock a door run in England

I don't know if that is the exact wording of it lol.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    doorbell ringing can't get anyone killed or seriously injured.. throwing rocks an overpass can..

shooting rock thrower with crossbow is bad.. and should not be the normal punishment.. but is understandable..

shooting someone with a gun for doing something harmless.. this is just bad.. period

and Rotted.. we can defend our property.. but unfortunately when people have freedom.. you have people that go too far
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as it is a bit of an overkill (similar to the crossbow story).

I actually support them, just for the fact that kids nowadays thinks they can do anything without consequence, and that teaches them otherwise, may be they will behave a little better if they know they could get shotgunned.

Messed up that he got shot, but then again in this day and age people need to stop being stupid. Pulling pranks on random people is dangerous, you don't know who has a gun anymore and is apt to use it just because you pissed them off. This is a prime example that people get shot over the tiniest grievances now. Better safe than sorry. If you are that bored that you want to TP someone's house or ding dong ditch you should just sit at home and read, play video games, or watch tv. Anything is better than actually doing it because you never know what will happen.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    doorbell ringing can't get anyone killed or seriously injured.. throwing rocks an overpass can..

shooting rock thrower with crossbow is bad.. and should not be the normal punishment.. but is understandable..

shooting someone with a gun for doing something harmless.. this is just bad.. period

and Rotted.. we can defend our property.. but unfortunately when people have freedom.. you have people that go too far
    I think this situation called for a booby trap, not a shot-gun. If it was me, I'd have had some harmless fun with it.

It's totally different. Ring and run, is a nuisance. Throwing rocks at cars from an overpass has killed people and warrants a crossbow bolt to the gut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Maybe that will start teaching the youth of today that there are consequences for their actions. Yes, what the shooter did was overkill, but the youth of today think they should be able to do whatever they want with no repercussions.
    I strangely agree with this statement. I feel for the boy, and it's sad to see anyone hurt. But really, lessons need to be taught. The half-assed attitude of a too large portion of todays parrents reflects on society. And you need to learn, you can't get away with just a 'No, X, that was a bad thing to do' every time. Actions have consequences in real life. It could have ended much worse for that boy and parents need to wake up and teach their kids to behave. 'Boys will be boys' worked 50 years ago when crime was something romantic and gangsters left tips in the pockets when they hijacked a truck. Today, anyone and their mom with a gun could snap at any moment and the next guy to piss that person off, could face the consequences as we see time and time again. This time it happened during an 'innocent' prank. If nobody had bothered that guy he'd have no reason to shoot the gun off. If we could all just grow up mentally and tolerate eachother, it'd be a much safer place to live. Teach your kids respect.

Yea, civilians should not be allowed to have guns. Fail Amendment is fail. A kid shot IN THE BACK, at least have the decency to challenge him for a proper duel, instead of shooting him in the back. Oh wait, challenging a kid for a gun-duel is for cowards; better shoot him in the back.
    /Zetsumei