Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Charr Necromancer

My name is super duper secret.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Will keep my name secret till release day. Hopefully not taken in 1.
    As for race class, A Sylvari Elementalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistus View Post
    I didn't know mesmer will be avaible to play????
    It hasn't officially been revealed...yet. However, they still have one more profession yet to be revealed, and all signs point to mesmer:

1. Iconic Guild Wars profession

2. We know it will be a returning class from the original game, and a scholar (cloth wearing) class. This leaves us with the Monk (incorporated in to Guardians), the Ritualist (incorporated in to Engineers), and the Mesmer.

3. In the two Guild Wars books released, three magic classes are heavily talked about: the Elementalist, the Necromancer, and the Mesmer.

4. Queen Jenna, leader of the humans, is a Mesmer.

5. We have this piece of leaked concept art:
    (Can't post links until I get a few more posts, so google image search "Mesmer gw2" for the concept art)

So, Mesmer is in all likelihood the last profession to be revealed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealbinder View Post
    I am still wondering if I want to try GW2. It looks really neat. If I do play it will be an Asura caster of some type (not sure since i do not know the GW system). I tend to like small characters (gnomes/goblins) and I always like casters (especially if they have a pet). If this pet caster class exists I would appreciate some guidance since I am considering picking up the GW pack from Steam.
    As Gistus said Necro might be worth a try for you, but they are more expendable pets that are summoned and horded rather than a singular pet who you keep etc. If you like pet classes ranger may be worth a try, not a caster but its a ranged pet class so you may enjoy it

As for the GW pack on steam its hard to say, I personally have been sinking tons of time in GW1 again recently as my wow interest has sort of died and my GW2 excitement has begun to peak more with the recent wave of content from gamescom and PAX. GW1 is a great game, if you are interested in GW2 especiallly from a PvE standpoint, GW1 should be a pretty enjoyable game for you, plus you will no doubt get a big "Oh S***! I remember that from GW1!!" factor when GW2 does finally roll around. But I would say do consider that GW1 is not a true MMO like WoW for example and will be vastly different from GW2.
    Main differences to bear in mind, low level cap, primarily the entire game is instanced, only shared zones are outposts, when you leave outposts the only other players you will see are players you take with you. GW1 (especially nowadays) is very much more like a single player/ coop game with a large population of people in outposts which you can trade/look to play with. If this stuff doesnt put you off, or if you currently are out of fresh games its definately worth checking out If this isnt your thing however it may be worth just holding on till GW2 comes out.

OT - I have been swapping my character choice like crazy for GW2, I will no doubt just have to get hands on gameplay to fully decide what to stick to (I have to have a main which has the majority of my time investment thats just how I play)

At the moment im sitting with Norn Warrior, but Sylvari Necro has been a consideration of mine, Possibly an Ele too. Names will either be a continuation of my GW1 names or I might just make something new on the day, not decided yet. Either way cant wait for this game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Norn necromancer named Agent Tuna Ghost naturally. Then an asuran guardian named bubbles

I'm so freakin exited. I'm bored terribly from WoW and GW2 chars look amazing ALL of them! I can't decide on one and I'm constantly changing my mind May us all bear witness to an epic game wich'll surpass all of the mmo's today!