Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Does starcraft 2 make you rage?

I don't know what it is about SC2, but I can't stand playing on the ladder.

Every time I lose to a cheesy build I rage. Cheese doesn't really bother me in WoW, I can just laugh it off. Granted, I am much better at WoW than I am at SC2. I'll probably never be great at SC2 because I don't have the patience to get past all the cheese and really learn how to play.

Just curious how others feel about the SC2 ladder.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

It makes me stress. A lot. I'm pretty bad at multitasking, so that's probably most of it.

And the worse I stress, the worse I play :/

I wouldn't say I get mad though, because I blame my losses on me.

i havent played SC2 since a few weeks after it was released.

I've never been that great at RTS games (i was in lolgold league), so i was competitive and didn't like to lose but i never really got mad at it like i do with WoW and FPS games since I'm actually good at those, unlike RTS's
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm losing to cheese, it's my own fault for not playing better, I'm not trying to cry imbalance or anything.

I never minded losing to icelance spam or getting globaled by the current FOTM class, maybe RTS just isn't my game.

yes... this morning: 5 games 5 loses all cheeze... Bliz put me in Platina when I feel im more like bronze/gold ._.

I pretty much ragequit then.

And stress starts to kick in when I hear the countdown

and ofc all cheeze can be blocked but that takes scouting+timings+controll! I lack 2.5 of those...
    Last edited by Lundmark; 2011-09-07 at 01:15 AM.

Just have to scout and react accordingly.

But as a general rule scout on 9 supply, check their base for out of the ordinary stuff like early spawning pool, forge before gateway(sometimes means FFE), or terran who's not getting gas- usually means 2 rax scv bunker rush all-in bullshit or a terran going double gas usually means fast banshees.

What irritates me most about games like Starcraft is how good some of the total morons are. Back in the day, I'd lose to people who seemed to have an IQ lower than my linoleum, because they just 'got' how the game worked.

lol u noob l2p

Sigh.

Deleted
    I don't rage at it. I don't play it that much in ladder though, have tried a few games and got placed in silver league.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate ladder, but I don't rage on it.

I rage during and after tourny games, though I keep it to myself(And those around me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I hate ladder, but I don't rage on it.
    Perhaps I should just stick to playing with friends and the campaign.

I was hoping to find a more balanced PvP game. The problem is, I'm terrible at FPS and pretty average at RTS.

I'm about to just start playing chess online ^_^

Deleted
    I don't play the ladder or anything else for competition, because I suck at most RTS games and loosing is never fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the same way I just suck at SC2. I've always liked Protoss so I started reading guides and tips, I started off using the 4-Gate Build and I won three games in a row. Now I lose almost every time. I lost six games in a row so I stopped playing in June then I started up again on Monday I lost two games and played again today lost 2 more games. When I started playing competitively I used Terran I won a few games and started losing so I switched to Protoss. I won a few games at first now I just lose every time.

I think that most people atleast get frustrated over themselfe when losing. Some rage and blame it on the game balance (which is impeckable imo). It's all boil down to learn the game and when you are getting better at it you'll start to notice the few subtle hints from scouting etc that will indicate some sort of cheese.

Simple put, if you dont invest the time in learning the game you'll probably suck at it. I have always been terrible at RTS and i had to cheat against the computer in sc1 to even win. With some dedicated time and effort im now high platinum.

Starcraft is a mental grindfest of sorts. You need to practice it

Technically: No, but I haven't played in months. I played the beta, and then got it on release day and played like crazy until the ranked matches all turned into "Rush or lose" games. I'm not a fan of rushing, not because I can't defend against it, but because I prefer to tech.

I don't rage at the multiplayer, as I haven't played it. I did rage a little at the game in general, though.
    I downloaded the demo, which let me play for the entire single player campaign (which it looks like they fixed, by changing it from a time trial to 'you only get these levels'). I pretty much suck at RTS games, so it's not like I'm going to buy it for the multiplayer or anything. Anyway, I beat the depressingly easy single player campaign in an equally depressing amount of time. It reminded me of COD, where they half-ass together a single player campaign that nobody really cares about because "who plays it for single player, anyway?"

Deleted
    Examples such as the below make me rage:

It's Protoss v Protoss. I have 2 - 2 upgrades, he has 0 - 0. I have more units than him (a mix of zealots, stalkers, sentries, 3/4 immortals).

He has no immortals, but 2 colossi. Only 2. By all rights I should win easily.

Who do you think will win this battle? He has less units than me, mainly stalker. I watched the replay, he has less units by about 10. We meet in the open field on Shakuras with both sides firing. Both are using Guardian Shield.

He wins. Simply because of the 2 colossi. I don't see how that can be a balanced game. A massively upgraded army, with many more units, tough immortals on my side, yet I still lose?

Yeah, SC2 is balanced. Not.

huh? what league is that? i'm assuming it's lower brackets so everyone there sucks.

sorry, but at this level you do not get to complain about balance because you completely suck, and if you lost it's because the other guy sucked less (for the record, i'm not flaming you, i suck as well, just saying).

I just started season 3. Past seasons i was raging all the time when i lost, but it's more about my mistakes than the other player being cheesy. And that's way worse than raging at you opponent (which is pathetic).
    Now i'm playing more "relaxed", watching my replays and fix my mistakes.

Sc2 ladder is stressing because you have to deal with cheesers that doesn't know how to play and win the game. But when you beat their cheese, they just rage quit, that will make you feel a better player :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought the game this week (shame on me, it is fantastic). I did placement matches for 4v4, won two out of five games, got placed in Platinum. The placement system is really fucked up.

On that note, I'm doing okay when it comes to surviving rushes. I can't do much to prevent it except rush myself (I play zerg so I cant wall off). It's quite annoying to feel so useless, but I'm learning still learning so I'm sure it'll change. Now I'm off to drone rush a few games to see if they will demote me or I will never be able to play 4v4 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelbern View Post
    Examples such as the below make me rage:

It's Protoss v Protoss. I have 2 - 2 upgrades, he has 0 - 0. I have more units than him (a mix of zealots, stalkers, sentries, 3/4 immortals).

He has no immortals, but 2 colossi. Only 2. By all rights I should win easily.

Who do you think will win this battle? He has less units than me, mainly stalker. I watched the replay, he has less units by about 10. We meet in the open field on Shakuras with both sides firing. Both are using Guardian Shield.

He wins. Simply because of the 2 colossi. I don't see how that can be a balanced game. A massively upgraded army, with many more units, tough immortals on my side, yet I still lose?

Yeah, SC2 is balanced. Not.
    That's just because it's not feasible by you to only "A-attack". Better micro and decitionmaking from your side would probably win that battle. People that says this game is unbalanced make me rage ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)