Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    1. Does divine protection reduce the damage taken from blessing of sacrifice?
    Yes, the damage transferred is the same school of damage as that taken by the target, DP and glyphed DP will mitigate 20/40% of this as appropriate.

2.How much mana does Glyph of Lay on Hands give you?
    Glyph of Divinity is the mana glyph, it restores 10% of maximum mana at the time of casting - I think this was fixed in 4.2, it was previously bugged and restored 20%.

3.Which heal(s) if any can be called a "smart heal"?
    Light of Dawn will prioritise lower health targets. None of our other spells are "smart" heals.

4.Does hand of sacrifice work if you are out of LoS of the person its on?
    The damage will still be transferred

5.Is it faster to fall at full speed or fly straight down on a 310% mount with crusader aura?
    Fall

6.Would you use this glyph? Major Glyph: Reduces the mana cost of your judgements by 50%
    Without checking on WoW.. my God.

Maths:
    Judgement cost.. bloody hell, 1.4k mana? That's what springs to mind but it seems low, still, I'll cross fingers 50% of this is 0.7k, I use judgement roughly 13-16 seconds on a normal fight (I know, that's a long time, but I don't use divine plea more than twice a fight so it'll balance out a bit ^^) Let's say 15 second judgement usage, that's 0.7k back every 15 secs = 2.8k/minute. Divine Plea, ah max mana.. let's say 135k mana (I think I may be overestimating raid buffs here), 18% = 1.35k*18 = 24.3k (I hope I did that right, if I didn't I should probably quit alevel maths), 2 uses per fight = 48.6k (I almost never have to cancel it, I plan ahead)

x = fight length/minutes, 2.8x>48.6 <=> x>48.6/2.8 <=> x>17.35ish (I think)

Assuming my guesses were accurate, this would not benefit me on any fight, and despite the fact that I could increase divine plea's and judgement's mana return, I would gain more mana and sacrifice less healing by using divine plea once more on a ~6+ minute fight than by judging more often.

Obviously this question is subjective, but assuming my guesses on mana cost and mana pool raid buffed were reasonably accurately, I think that's a pretty good assessment.

Also just realised I forgot Glyph of Divinity soon as I finished typing the above. Using estimates that glyph restores 13.5k mana per fight, Judgement glyph would out-regen it after 13.5/2.8 = 4.78 (roughly), so I would use it on every fight in FL (even shannox hc, last week's kill was 4.968 minutes) instead of glyph of divinity, unless I wished to trade utility or throughput for regen (which given how much mana regen I have, I would not do). I'll leave above maths so you can flame me for being stupid and forgetting that GoDivinity was no longer better regen than divine plea for me

7.Supposed you accidently place blessing of protection on the MT, what should you do to save your raid? (besides telling them to have a cancelaura macro ready)
    I bubble tank the boss, pretend it wasn't my hand of protection, and claim I got us the kill.

Or I just hand of salvation/freedom/sacrifice the tank (in that priority for most scenarios, unless the tank is close to losing aggro (which isn't likely).

8.Do your heals through beacon give your beacon target the mastery sheild?
    No, but how I wish they did

9.As proven last test, using Divine Favor after casting Holy Radiance does not speed up the healing. What about Avenging Wrath instead? Would using Avenging Wrath increase the healing?
    Yes it does, tested this a few days ago when I tested if DF did ^^

10.Assuming all buffs and stats are the same each attempt. You cast Lay on Hands on yourself twice. Will it heal for the exact same amount each time? (also assuming no crits)
    I have never really tested this lol, but I'll go for yes. Probably some hidden mechanic to screw over my chances of getting 10/10

Does the winner of this quiz get mailed an "I <3 holydins" badge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I'm giving this another shot seeing as my last quiz was to easy. Hopefully this one will be a bit harder.
    Rules: After you start, no going onto wow to check for answers. No looking at other posts for answers. Etc

No
    10%
    Holy radiance, 4pc t12 if that counts and the eye of blazing light. AND LOD! WOOPS
    Fairly certain it works out of range, LoS is a no iirc.
    5.Is it faster to fall at full speed or fly straight down on a 310% mount with crusader aura?
    Fall
    6.Would you use this glyph? Major Glyph: Reduces the mana cost of your judgements by 50%
    It'd be about an extra 365 MP5 if you judged on cooldown, not really
    7.Supposed you accidently place blessing of protection on the MT, what should you do to save your raid? (besides telling them to have a cancelaura macro ready)
    Taunt the boss and bubble when he's in range, salvation the highest threat that isn't the bop or OT.
    Nah
    9.As proven last test, using Divine Favor after casting Holy Radiance does not speed up the healing. What about Avenging Wrath instead? Would using Avenging Wrath increase the healing?
    It won't speed up the healing, however it will increase the amount of healing done.
    10.Assuming all buffs and stats are the same each attempt. You cast Lay on Hands on yourself twice. Will it heal for the exact same amount each time? (also assuming no crits)
    Yeah.
    10 chars lol, bolded my answers so no other moderators get confused
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2011-09-07 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earsofpower View Post
    Yes, the damage transferred is the same school of damage as that taken by the target, DP and glyphed DP will mitigate 20/40% of this as appropriate.
    Did you make this up out of nowhere yourself or did you just copy something some other unknowing toot claimed?

There is 0 difference between the magic damage you take through HoS with or without DP, and the no-one should raid without glyphed DP.
    Last edited by mmoc94ce2fe08d; 2011-09-07 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    Did you make this up out of nowhere yourself or did you just copy something some other unknowing toot claimed?
    I answered with what I thought was the correct mechanics, if I'm wrong so be it, it's a quiz :P

Deleted
    Fair dues. I suggest this thread gets a "you will learn nothing here other than how misinformed people are about their class here" disclaimer, though.

Deleted
    This is hardly supposed to be an informative thread, re-read the OP - And if you just suggested no one should raid with glyphed DP in your edit I don't really know what to say :/ I won't reply to this anymore, don't wish to derail a fun thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post

There is 0 difference between the magic damage you take through HoS with or without DP, and the no-one should raid with glyphed DP.
    While you're right, sacrifice is physical damage. Divine Protection glyph is amazing for the majority of fights and has saved both me and my raid's life. Oh, and get the mastery/movement enchant on your boots if you're not specced to PoJ

Deleted
    Derp, obviously meant without DP glyph.
    Last edited by mmoc94ce2fe08d; 2011-09-07 at 11:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm giving this another shot seeing as my last quiz was to easy. Hopefully this one will be a bit harder.
    Rules: After you start, no going onto wow to check for answers. No looking at other posts for answers. Etc

1. No. At least not the last time I checked. It's a common misconception, actually, which is probably why you asked.

2. It doesn't. Glyph of Divinity returns 10% mana after the fix to the bug in 4.1 or 4.2. It would increase the mana returns from Glyph of Divinity by a certain amount at various fight lengths, though, which averages out to an additional 3%.

3. Light of Dawn and Holy Radiance can be considered smart heals because they automatically pick low HP targets to heal.

4. You cannot cast it out of LoS, but it will continue to transfer the damage if you are out of LoS.

5. I actually have no idea. I would assume falling, but since nearly everything is a trick question, the correct answer is probably flying straight down.

6. Of course. Our third glyph slot choices are totally situational anyway.

7. I would cast Righteous Defense on the boss to taunt it. Once it reached me, I would cast Divine Shield. After it left me, I'd cast Hand of Reckoning, which has a 3 second fixate component not mentioned in the tooltip. I would immediately follow this with Hand of Salvation to attempt to cause an aggro swap back to the tank in case he is dumb and forgot to taunt (which he probably is if he couldn't click off a buff in 8 seconds, FFS). I would also be screaming "TAUNT" while using increasingly choice words.

8. No. This is the reason people hated Mastery at first.

9. Yes. +Haste effects auto update for some spells but not Holy Radiance. However, +%healing effects auto update for almost every spell, including HoTs and things like Holy Radiance.

10. Yes. Lay on Hands heals for exactly your max health with no variation.

Edit: added some explanations - you can check the edit history if you want (or maybe only I can - I can't remember).

Edit2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is actually backwards... Ranged Aggro pull is 130% I know this too well because my wife plays a hunter and I play a DK...
    Oh snap, that's what I get for trying to be smrt. I'm dumb. Fixed.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-09-07 at 11:30 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    (110% swap at ranged vs 130% in melee)
    This is actually backwards... Ranged Aggro pull is 130% I know this too well because my wife plays a hunter and I play a DK...

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    While you're right, sacrifice is physical damage. Divine Protection glyph is amazing for the majority of fights and has saved both me and my raid's life. Oh, and get the mastery/movement enchant on your boots if you're not specced to PoJ
    Huh, that's a shame. In wrath it transferred damage in the same school, that is if the person who had sac was taking only frost damage, the caster would receive damage as frost, it would also appear on combat logs as friendly damage from the sac'd person (thus if you died you'd take no durability loss).
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Sac still xfers the same type of damage taken by the person you put the buff on, but for some reason this damage can not be mitigated by damage reduction abilities. It can be negated by immunity effects, and can be absorbed by things like Illum Healing and PW:Shield.

I see this semi-regularly on Alysrazor. I'll run a sac on my tank for a tantrum and BoP myself. The physical damage transferred through the sac is completely wiped by the BoP, but if the tank runs over a brushfire or gets nailed by a worm breath I will definitely feel it even with BoP up (since BoP is a physical only immunity).

Deleted
    So many wrong answers here! Incredible.

It used to, which is why a lot of people are confused. It does not anymore.

None. It reduces the cooldown by 3 minutes. Trick question -- Glyph of Divinity is the one with the mana cost reduction.

Light of Dawn is the only smart heal a paladin has, as it heals the 5 most injured raid members. Holy Radiance heals indiscriminately.

Actually I am not sure. It did use to work when it still was the Blessing of Sacrifice. Probably not.

It is faster to fly.

Yes, of course. I would replace Divinity with it.

Blessing of Protection does not exist anymore. You'd cast Hand of Freedom on him to overwrite the Hand of Protection.

They did not in the beginning. I believe this was fixed in 4.1 or something.

As far as I know, Avenging Wrath is an general aura modifier and therefore will increase all outgoing damage and healing even after activation.

Yes, as it heals for the Paladin's maximum health.
    Last edited by mmoc2a28fd6399; 2011-09-08 at 12:06 AM.