Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    No game that needs more than 2GB? Strange..
    Not particularly when you consider the basic 32-bit application limit is 2GB of usable RAM. Attempt to use more and the program will stop working.

With proper flags set, you can extend that to 3GB on a 32-bit system and 4gb on a 64-bit system. But far from all games have that set, and most that do, don't explicitly require it. (But rather its set for the convenience of modders and such and to simply prevent unforseen failures)

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would try and over clock it to start, if that's unsuccessful I would do a system upgrade to the current generation of intel processors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Not particularly when you consider the basic 32-bit application limit is 2GB of usable RAM. Attempt to use more and the program will stop working.

With proper flags set, you can extend that to 3GB on a 32-bit system and 4gb on a 64-bit system. But far from all games have that set, and most that do, don't explicitly require it. (But rather its set for the convenience of modders and such and to simply prevent unforseen failures)
    I've seen players with multiple screens reach over 2GB in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    I've seen players with multiple screens reach over 2GB in WoW.
    And me running the game at 2560x1600 never really went past 1GB, your point? Multiple clients can do it for sure, but that's multiple instances. Bumping the resolution up due to say eyefinity doesn't really increase memory usage. VRAM usage, sure, but not memory really.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    And me running the game at 2560x1600 never really went past 1GB, your point? Multiple clients can do it for sure, but that's multiple instances. Bumping the resolution up due to say eyefinity doesn't really increase memory usage. VRAM usage, sure, but not memory really.
    hmm, i doubt if its true ( ofc its true but!... ) in the past ive used at a max of 6Gb of all my ram, it happend bfore ofc not with wow or anything related. Probs was with WiC at max settings :P but anyway, i always recommend a 6Gb total, as it never hurts having more than required (A) + its cheap as !@#$% these days

16Gb corsair dominator @1600 Mhz for 89,99
    8 GB corsair dominator @1600 Mhz for 50
    4 Gb Corsair dominator @1600 Mhz for 30+-

and probably 80% of the people cant even use 1600 Mhz RAM :P ( only takes like 1333 )
    Last edited by mmocb41f24af64; 2011-09-07 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    more ram is fun it's more soothing to see physical memory used 13% than it is to see 26% in windows task manager :P

Deleted
    Better start saving up some cash for a new rig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teazle View Post
    Better start saving up some cash for a new rig.
    This.
    Turn Shadows down until then.