To all ASUS Xonar users, and some others too!

http://brainbit.wordpress.com/2010/0...ified-drivers/

Someone took it upon themselves to release better drivers for Xonar cards, as well as some others.
    I had an issue with my DX where the drivers had auto volume normalization that couldn't be turned off. It however didn't work nearly as well as the normalization built into MPC-HC. These drivers took care of that issue.

If anyone has ever used kx, Daniel K, or YouPax drivers, this is a similar concept.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I've been using this since I got my Xonar DX. The only problem I had is sometimes one of the channels randomly turning off with headphone mode, but I think it's because I used to leave the driver at 6 channel mode when I'm listening to 2 channel audio with dolby headphone on. I'm pretty sure it was the drivers since it fixes itself since a driver reset.

The problem I was having, and can sometimes still hear is that the normalization the card is doing is really blah. Gets loud, then real quiet. Where the built in MPC normalization is fine. But cannot disable what the card is doing.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I have Xonar Essence STX, and I've had no problems with the (old) beta drivers at all. Anyway I just tried installing these and even with multiple attempts tehy don't seem to work for me at all. Oh well, system restore time.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem i have, which is quite bizzare, is i hear a pop in my headphones whenever my fridge motor (mini fridge next to my pc (on left side of my desk, pc on right side) kicks in, it's weird, they're both plugged into the same master socket (double socket) on the wall, but the frige is plugged directly into one of the sockets, and the pc is plugged into a ground surge extension in the other of the 2 sockets in the wall (england/uk)

doubt this driver will help, but if it does woo, if not, anyone got any ideas? might try moving the frige to another part of the room too, see if that helps >.>

(i went and buyed a xonar dg, even though i had no intention of /sigh)

oh, and this issue never occured with onboard sound, havern't tested it through speakers

Move the fridge to another wall socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd thought it might be that simple, but hoped it wouldn't, as to do so means rearranging my entire room (i live in a flat, the living room is HUUUUUGE, and is almost literally an everything room, bed, sofa, weights bench, pc/desk etc :P

Move fridge a bit further away from the PC. May not be due to the mains, but simply proximity to your PC.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    i'd thought it might be that simple, but hoped it wouldn't, as to do so means rearranging my entire room (i live in a flat, the living room is HUUUUUGE, and is almost literally an everything room, bed, sofa, weights bench, pc/desk etc :P
    Can't you just connect the fridge to an extension and to the other wall socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Can't you just connect the fridge to an extension and to the other wall socket.
    this has worked as a temporary solution, but the nearest socket was other side of the fireplace, so looks a lil silly, but it does rule out the "proximity" idea, thanks guys