Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Fireland Heroic Nerfs (Sept 6-7)

EDIT: WHEN SPEAKING OF PROBABLE NERFS, PLEASE STATE WHETHER IT'S 10/25 MAN THAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Heroic: Ragnaros Nerf
    The Heroic version of Ragnaros in the Firelands has been hotfixed and considerably nerfed a few minutes ago.

• The 25-man version of Ragnaros now has 246M HP, down from 290M.
    • The 10-man version of Ragnaros now has 74M HP, down from 87.3M

There are also various reports of the fight feeling easier overall, and a couple of other fights in the Firelands raid seems to have been changed as well. Hopefully this wasn't a stealth nerf and we'll hear from Blizzard soon.
    At the moment I have no idea what the other Heroic nerfs that Boubouille is referring to are. However I'll list some of the one's I know. The question goes out to all who have noticed any nerfs in the Heroic content, since yesterday/today. Post any differences you've noticed and once confirmed, I'll edit this post and add it to the compilation. If some encounters remain unchanged, please let that be known too.

Shannox HC:
    • No changes.

Beth'tilac HC:
    • Drones now have about 2.75M HP, down from 3M HP (10-Man only)
    • Ember Flare base damage decreased by roughly 10% (10-Man only)

Rhyolith HC:
    • No changes.

Alysrazor HC:
    • No changes.

Baelroc HC:
    • No changes.

Majordomo HC:
    • No changes.

Ragnaros HC:

• The 25-man version of Ragnaros now has 246M HP, down from 290M.
    • The 10-man version of Ragnaros now has 74.21M HP, down from 87.3M HP.
    • Molten Inferno's health slightly decreased (25-man only?)
    Last edited by Mowg; 2011-09-10 at 11:02 AM.

sweet <3 - thanks for the update(s)!

I think the 10m heroic rag pre-nerf version had 87.3M HP (source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsGrz...eature=related | just checked the values in the vid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool now maybe we have at least a chance of beating the spider, wiil confirm today i guess

Deleted
    There are some reports on US Forums, that blizz kinda nerfed the amount of essences you can get from bosses for the last stage of the legendary staff, basicaly 7-9 on 25 hm and 3-4 on 10 man.

Deleted
    From the US forums: The surprise on Alys is the 4th hatchling being 50% when firestorm happens

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caledur View Post
    From the US forums: The surprise on Alys is the 4th hatchling being 50% when firestorm happens
    That's the way the fight works currently? 3rd(and 5th I assume?) Firestorm comes much earlier than any other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze View Post
    There are some reports on US Forums, that blizz kinda nerfed the amount of essences you can get from bosses for the last stage of the legendary staff, basicaly 7-9 on 25 hm and 3-4 on 10 man.
    Well nobody asked for boss nerfs, so nobody asked for soul nerfs. So I doubt it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata, from front to back, was overtuned and they ate crow for it every step of the way.

Vanilla/TBC tiered and attuned content or WotLK zip to the end and chill with guildies content is the two choices. Making a hybrid of the two was Cata's downfall.

If these nerfs are real, GC's 'crystal ball' is showing more quitting or rerolling then actually bothering with the breakface difficulty of these fights.

Shade of Aran, a great fight but it didn't make me wana shoot myself after a few hours of wiping on it. Cata, early heroics nearly gave me a stroke trying to keep idioits alive as a healer.

Their's a line.

Where TF is bluepost anyway...
    Thanks for this thread.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why god whyyyyyyyyy

I guess I have about 16-17 more weeks to go then... ffs. I ALMOST wish I had never won this god damn legendary roll, it's that frustrating for10 mans.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2011-09-07 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, now it only takes half a year to complete the first one in 10 man... wait what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Well nobody asked for boss nerfs, so nobody asked for soul nerfs. So I doubt it.
    My raid last night confirmed what I was hearing. Heroic kills give the same amount as Normal kills. So you can't get the staff any faster by going 6/7 heroic vs 6/7 normal... which is kinda ridiculous imo
    Last edited by Maged; 2011-09-07 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Cata, from front to back, was overtuned and they ate crow for it every step of the way.

Vanilla/TBC tiered and attuned content or WotLK zip to the end and chill with guildies content is the two choices. Making a hybrid of the two was Cata's downfall.

If these nerfs are real, GC's 'crystal ball' is showing more quitting or rerolling then actually bothering with the breakface difficulty of these fights.

Shade of Aran, a great fight but it didn't make me wana shoot myself after a few hours of wiping on it. Cata, early heroics nearly gave me a stroke trying to keep idioits alive as a healer.

Their's a line.
    I actually think Cata was pretty good, a step up from WotLK difficulty wise. The influx of new players and ultimately bad players is what causes all the fail in heroics/raids. Kara was easy content and really shouldn't be viewed as the standard in terms of difficulty.

Their's a line.
    I never thought I would miss Kara when I was working on Shade, back when the trash had a 1 hour respawn...you would get a couple pulls and than trash would pop. I thought it was the worst thing in the world. Looking back on the fights and the instance itself it is probably one of my favorites now.

15+ Year Old Account

Their's a line.

I think the fact that guilds are spending 100+ tries on a boss even after 2 months of gearing up is why this was nerfed. Blizzard has said they will not make a boss as hard as Sunwell anymore. Heroic Rag is breaking up guilds and it's supposed to be frustrating hard but not where it causes people to say screw it and quit. :P
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Cool, now it only takes half a year to complete the first one in 10 man... wait what?!
    *rage rage rage rage rage rage rage!*

dunno how blizz is planning to make the legendary staff like taking aloooooot longer , while there are people who already have it. In a half year , most people will mostlikely be killing heroic Rag every week , and then i dont really see it as a item to increase your raid abit.

I am really hoping this is a bug , or people will most likely seriously cinsidering to just leave the staff alone , because i dont think alot of ppl are willing to clear FL for a half year while they can most likely have a kick ass weapon of deathwing hc..
    Last edited by mitbrandir; 2011-09-07 at 03:51 PM.

Slight modification to the Beth post, you can resist ember flare damage in p2 now, reducing the damage intake significantly. Also means AM can be used as a cooldown finally yeaaaaahhhh

Huge Beth'tilac nerf.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Slight modification to the Beth post, you can resist ember flare damage in p2 now, reducing the damage intake significantly. Also means AM can be used as a cooldown finally yeaaaaahhhh
    This is not true.

I just looked through our logs (Heroic 10 kill tonight) and saw NO Ember Flare resists at all. Only see absorbs from Pw:S type mechanics, as usual.

Can you show me a WOL where you think it's showing otherwise?
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-09-07 at 04:08 PM.

For a entrance raid kara was actually quite difficult when BC first launched.