Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightning Charged Capacitator - Stealth Buff?

Variable Pulse guys! The Karazhan trinket is (most likely) unchanged! :P

I've basically been ignoring this trinket since I currently have DMC:V and Moonwell Challice, and am next in line for Necromantic Focus, which I'll hopefully get tonight. However, according to a post on the Druid forums, the trinket has had a stealth buff. Apparently it's doing 300% of the damage on the tooltip, and fires at 5 stacks, instead of 10. If this is true, does anyone know how this will rank compared to the other trinkets? I'm guessing it would go higher than Necromantic Focus with this buff, replacing NF on the pre-HC (ignoring t11hc too) BiS Trinket list.

Druid thread is here btw: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post13067475
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2011-09-07 at 03:41 PM.

Right now people are working on getting accurate measures of how much more it has been doing for us (which is probably complicated by the fact that most spriests have been ignoring this trink). I have heard widely varying reports on how much more it is doing though... It will prob be a day or two before anything definite is known. At which point Twin will update his BiS list with that infos.

Also if you are interested info about it will probably be posted here before the list is updated.

Deleted
    I have this trinket in reg mode. If anyone needs logs on long combats i can nuke the orgrimmar dummy for 10 minute and post here the results.

EDIT: or the logs, whatever

The logs would definitely be helpful Vyla.

Deleted
    I'm following the discussion in h2p. Do you want the *.txt or it's better on WoL??
    I think i forgot my password xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    I'm following the discussion in h2p. Do you want the *.txt or it's better on WoL??
    I think i forgot my password xD
    Lol d'oh. I would say pm twin or Veiled over here and they might be able to help you with that. WoL would probably be better.

Deleted
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJ6KDH3E Here is the log

I will try to send it to Twintop or Veiled via MP

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit this sounds great since i made a deal with a lock in my guild that he will pass it for me ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought you were talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=28785/th...ning-capacitor for a second and thought maybe this was a necroed thread. :S

Deleted
    Sent to Twin, i'm not registered en h2p, if anyone can post the link there...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    Sent to Twin, i'm not registered en h2p, if anyone can post the link there...
    I posted the link over on H2P for you

Deleted
    Thx! Hi mama! I'm famous!

I know back in the day, it was very good for elemental shaman (the previous version off Ilhoof in Kara). I'd fire lightning bolts constantly, it was like the mastery now. If it did have a stealth buff like that, it'd probably be pretty awesome for a bunch of casters. Unfortunately I can't get to most WoW sites besides Wowpedia to check its stats, and Wowpedia doesn't have it. But I'm pretty sure even Boomkin used the older one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was buffed to be worth it for priests too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffalicious View Post
    Thought you were talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=28785/th...ning-capacitor for a second and thought maybe this was a necroed thread. :S
    Haha, yeah, they buffed that trinket so good it's now even better than the Ragnaros version :P

Also, am I right in presuming that this trinket will place Crit above Mastery?
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2011-09-07 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I know back in the day, it was very good for elemental shaman (the previous version off Ilhoof in Kara). I'd fire lightning bolts constantly, it was like the mastery now. If it did have a stealth buff like that, it'd probably be pretty awesome for a bunch of casters. Unfortunately I can't get to most WoW sites besides Wowpedia to check its stats, and Wowpedia doesn't have it. But I'm pretty sure even Boomkin used the older one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was buffed to be worth it for priests too.
    I definitely used it on my Moonkin.

guessing and speculating is rly cool, but how about getting a BLUE post instead of having to do hundreds of tests/logs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee
    I got a few logs from various people last night. This is my new calculations for this trinket:

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor 384 - 656.00
    Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor 397 - 733.45

It places the normal and heroic as our BIS in a very firm lead.
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=654

Deleted
    Ah, Kilee updated the Sticky Guide. That's useful

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Also, am I right in presuming that this trinket will place Crit above Mastery?
    Possibly... I know for me (I don't have it) crit and mastery are sim'ing more or less identical. Maybe it would give crit a bit of an edge? I think it will still be more or less close though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swapped my DMCV tonight for the normal one of these on all HM bosses but Rag, the proc was bout 3.5 to 3.9% of my total dmg on most fights, seems pretty high for a proc and the passive int is nice I think I might stick with it.
    Sig by Safhira