Some advice regarding gfx as I had some bad exp.

Hello,

First off I recently owned a core i5 760 with 4gb ram and a 460gtx 1gb vid card (slight oc on the cpu) This was running wow very smoothly with everything on ultra and shadows dropped 2 nothces (do not care that much for shadows)

I decided to sell this pc as I wanted a new graphcis card put in a ssd and a new case. All in all I could get a good price for my old pc so I could buy a new setup:

This is the new setup:

Gigabyte 990X Motherboard AM3+ ( so it can use the new cpu when it comes out and intend to go that route)
    Corsiar 2x4GB 1600mhz mem
    OCZ SSD 64gb
    OCZ PSU 600W
    phenom ii x4 965 BE (coupled with a scythe mugen 2 rev b.) going to be replaced with the new amd cpu coming out soon.

First I bought a xfx 6950 1gb gfx, strangly enough I was dipping into unplayable fps in raids, stuttering and other stuff. I contacted my supplier and agreed to swap it for a nvdia 560ti as I wasnt sure if it was faulty hardware or nvdia cards having an edge over ati(my 460 was running alot better then the 6950 wich is weird) I got a used 560ti wich ofcourse I diddnt approve off, send it back. They promised on sending a new one now. yet again on arrival a used card. Now I was getting angry because I had to go live in another country and wanted to take the pc with me. To be fast I orderd a msi ii twin frozer 570 in agreement that for the other card I would get my money back when it was returned and as I was getting in to some time issue's. Ofcourse when It got to my house again a used card. Well seriously pissed off then. called they would fix it and send another 570gtx msi iii the newer one so 1 day before I had to leave that card came in. and ofcourse yet again a used card. * mind blown at this point * calling with the boss of the company he said just build it in the system if it works it works and ill put an extra year of warranty on it from us not factory and if it fails in the other country just send it back and I pay you the cards back with some extra money for all the trouble. I build in that card and it was making a shitload of noise. I ended up sending it back from the new country I now am and awaiting my money back. Murphy's law was definitly at work here.

Anyway after some reading I read that intel cpu's are way better for WoW then amd's and it's mostly the cpu bottlenecking. I oc'ed the amd to 4ghz now (running stable 0.25v increase only, good temps) so I think I am ok with cpu but seeing as I had alot of problems with the gfx before this what do you guys recommend:

Brand?
    Type? (sli/cf? optional maybe a bit hard on the psu)

Budget ~300,- euro's Want a card that runs wow on ultra (even in a crowded ogrimar)

tldr: what graphics card to buy as I am in doubt
    Any help is much appreciated!

* English is not my native language so there could be some typo's

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW needs a powerful CPU, but GPU-wise it isn't that heavy. All the cards you've bought will be able to run the game on ultra (if the CPU provides the required "horsepower").

Budget ~300,- euro's Want a card that runs wow on ultra (even in a crowded ogrimar)
    There is no such.. On mine (GTX 580) deeps below 40 at times when it's overcrowded. And this is all on the highest settings except for the shadows (ultra doesn't make game look prettier but effectively cuts the FPS). Don't build your PC just to make WoW run well -- it's just impossible.

Deleted
    Personally, I prefer the Nvidia brand, and as such, tend to use them more in any machines that I build. The MSI Twin Frozr III GTX 570 was a good bet, and probably just over your budgget. http://www.amazon.de/MSI-V257-014R-N...5392613&sr=8-2 Is €312 from Amazon.de, I'm sure you could find a better retailer in your country. If not, dropping down to the GTX 560 Ti would be fine for WoW, especially if you ran two of them.

As you mentioned, the problem is your CPU in the end. Intel CPUs seem to blow AMD CPUs out of the water at the moment, and you will not get all the performance out of either of the above mentioned cards with your CPU to my knowledge. It should still be good enough compared with a decent graphics card though. If not, you may want to consider spending that budget more on a motherboard and CPU. But for the GPUs you wanted, they're above

Quote Originally Posted by fableman View Post
    There is no such.. On mine (GTX 580) deeps below 40 at times when it's overcrowded. And this is all on the highest settings except for the shadows (ultra doesn't make game look prettier but effectively cuts the FPS). Don't build your PC just to make WoW run well -- it's just impossible.
    below 40 is still playable framerates. below 30 it is not and Like I said in my post it was running fine on my gtx460 1gb. (40ish fps in ogrimar on ~19.00 on a wednesday)

I am thinking about going with the asus 570gtx (3slot) as it's priced 307,- euro here. And will upgrade to more cpu power when the new amd fx processor will come out in a 2/3 months.

Thx all for the input