391helm + 391shoulders vs 378helm 391shoulders (boomkin)

so basically, i dont see my guild killing heroic rag anytime soon, but we are getting down bethilac/domo right now

i currently have 4 pc with off item as my shoulders from shannox,
    i know this is bis with tier helm from rag, but seeing as i my guild wont kill rag for a long time

would it be better to use the helm from bethilac (391) and the 391 tier shoulders from domo vs the 391 shannox shoulders and 378 tier helm

391 bethilac helm & 391 tier shoulders vs 391 shannox shoulders & 378 tier helm

i asked this late in the BiS thread. m pretty sure you get more from the 391 beth helm and heroic tier shoulders.

just add up the stats, or run it through wowreforge.com quickly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    so basically, i dont see my guild killing heroic rag anytime soon, but we are getting down bethilac/domo right now

i currently have 4 pc with off item as my shoulders from shannox,
    i know this is bis with tier helm from rag, but seeing as i my guild wont kill rag for a long time

would it be better to use the helm from bethilac (391) and the 391 tier shoulders from domo vs the 391 shannox shoulders and 378 tier helm

391 bethilac helm & 391 tier shoulders vs 391 shannox shoulders & 378 tier helm
    Which shoulders? There's multiple flavors.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Which shoulders? There's multiple flavors.
    the bis ones, i got the haste/mastery ones

anyone tried this combo out yet with sim or anything?

just got the helm now i need to win the shoulders
    Last edited by datrupimp; 2011-09-15 at 06:54 PM.

It can vary depending on what dot breakpoints you are missing. Right now i am using 4pc +391 helm due to bad RNG on rag helm drops (yah, funny a lot of our heroic tier tokens are being vendered, and i lack a normal helm)

When I was trying to develop a BiS pre-H.rag set, the 391 helm simmed ahead (wrathcalcs)

yay got my tier shoulders[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 01:14 PM ----------

2631 haste using beth helm/ tier shoulders (both 391)
    2714 haste using tier helm / random enchant shoulders (helm 378 / shoulder 391)

should i stick with beth helm/tier shoulders or will the haste put me over a breakpoint?

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 01:21 PM ----------

and yes i get DI
    Last edited by datrupimp; 2011-09-23 at 01:15 PM.

This is a question best for WrathCalcs. Which is better really depends on your haste, like a previous poster mentioned. I would still venture that in most cases the tier helm + off piece shoulder would be the best combo, but only if you can get Feverflare, unless you're really hurting for spirit/hit which you shouldn't be. The fact that tier shoulders leaves you with something around 130crit after reforging is not ideal...its bad enough its on our tier legs.

the sheer quantity of stats (int/crit/mastery) outweighs the stat weigtings of hast and crit in this situation though.
    while not our best stat, crit is still not worthless.

based on my char in wrathcalcs:
    1) If you can get a haste breakpoint with tier shoulders and OS helm (391) - use that combo. Otherwise, see 2).
    2) if you can get a haste breakpoint with offset shoulders and tier helm (378) use that combo.
    3) Otherwise, use the combo in 1) regardless of haste breakpoint

Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    yay got my tier shoulders[COLOR="red"]

2631 haste using beth helm/ tier shoulders (both 391)
    2714 haste using tier helm / random enchant shoulders (helm 378 / shoulder 391)

should i stick with beth helm/tier shoulders or will the haste put me over a breakpoint?
    and yes i get DI
    if you can get 10 more haste, use the tier shoulders and OS helm, that will put you at 2641 haste, on the breakpoint with DI.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-09-23 at 11:41 PM.