How to get into arena

Hello there, i am currently playing a hunter, and i want to get into some atleast semi-serious arena, preferbly 3s.

My problem is, when i try to get a team from /2 all the good players requires 1750 raiting ach or above. i can also get some scrubs who dont know what a cc chain is, and never even been in an arena match before.

So i thought that i try a so called "faceroll comp" in 2s to get a decent raiting. i found a ret pala, a realy good friend of mine, and we started pushing raiting, getting blocked at about 1500... this guy, no matter how good a friend he is, he cant play. so i started to try getting ppl from trade, but encountered same problem as in 3s. all the good players wants an ach, wich i cant get, becouse i can only get to play with scrubs.

So now i ask here for any possible advice, i dont know exactly what it should be however.

As i said i am currently playing an mm hunter And i dont want to reroll
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ysnalit/simple
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

A good option would be to buy a 1800 boost and learn as much as you can in the process. Else, grab any random player (of any class and spec) with pvp gear from trade chat, join skype and just play a lot of games, communicate and discuss what went wrong.
    Last edited by Daymer; 2011-09-07 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Hunters struggle in pvp these days, tbh, and no represented hunter in any team in recent arena games says a lot.
    That might be why good players not are too keen bringing a hunter into their team, as well as lack of achivements.
    What I would suggest is try to find some pvp guild, ask the master how they are solving arena teams and maybe there's a guild that can provide a good spot.
    The secret to getting some decent rating arena is to take fotm classes and faceroll, and hunter doesn't belong in one of those combos atm. Perhaps you can faceroll with a feral druid, because they are OP. But if you do you are stuck on that char, unless they accept achivements on alts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Hunters struggle in pvp these days, tbh, and no represented hunter in any team in recent arena games says a lot.
    That might be why good players not are too keen bringing a hunter into their team, as well as lack of achivements.
    What I would suggest is try to find some pvp guild, ask the master how they are solving arena teams and maybe there's a guild that can provide a good spot.
    The secret to getting some decent rating arena is to take fotm classes and faceroll, and hunter doesn't belong in one of those combos atm. Perhaps you can faceroll with a feral druid, because they are OP. But if you do you are stuck on that char, unless they accept achivements on alts?
    Every single class and spec in this game is gladiator viable, given the right player and team. Yes, some have more viable comps, are easier and more forgiving to play than others but it's still possible. There is no "secret to getting some decent rating" in arena unless you consider using your brain a secret.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymer View Post
    Every single class and spec in this game is gladiator viable, given the right player and team. Yes, some have more viable comps, are easier and more forgiving to play than others but it's still possible. There is no "secret to getting some decent rating" in arena unless you consider using your brain a secret.
    Sure, but finding team for FOTM comps are probably much easier than finding someone who wants to take a chance a person got skill in a bit "try mix and match"-comp, you understand. It's not impossible ofc, but probably takes more effort and time to get, right? And a pvp guild would probably be useful help there, if they help the way they market themselves to do.

Possible yes. A hunter in a 5s team with 4 of the more powerful classes can be carried to 2400+ rating. I have seen it done more than once. I have never on the other hand seen a hunter earn a 2400+ rating. Usually they are ignored and LoSed or just decimated before they can blink. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Blizzard made RBGs specifically for hunters and a few other class/specs. They don't have the utilities to survive and can only deal decent damage if their opponents are to ignorant not to LoS them.

I feel for ya as I have several friends who have been hunters for years and have no chance at a good Arena rating but on the bright side they do rather well in RBGs where they have open fields to blow up opponents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people saying hunters are so bad? I know several hunters with 2.5k+ arena ratings and I wouldn't say they were carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymer View Post
    I agree with this.

Also try getting a rogue to play 2v2 with? Or keep playing with your ret friend and improve together. The key is trying to get a partner and stick with him, switching comp all the time will just make it harder since different comps bring different tacs (not always ofc).

I know it can be hard to get a partner but just look around on trade a bit or keep practicing with your ret friend. He can't stay bad :/ tell him to check arenajunkies or w/e to have him make macro's etc

The problem is... he dont really care for it, hes only doing it becouse i ask him to it, he just want points, and then move on... but neither can i find anyone better at arena,(havent had luck yet atleast) i also cant change guild since i'm raiding with my guild. but thats a difrent topic.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Hunter and "Faceroll" comp do not go together lol.

Push in 3s not 2s, and just keep looking for teams until you find good people to play with. I had the same problem with RBGs early on. Everyone wanted an 1800+ minimum rating, even if you had 4.2k or higher resilience, but there were never any teams to join to actually get a rating to begin with. :/

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Why are people saying hunters are so bad? I know several hunters with 2.5k+ arena ratings and I wouldn't say they were carried.
    I wouldn't say hunters are bad, I would say them and enhancement shamans are just not upto par with the other classes. For example;

Go to 2:16,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2GGU...el_video_title

2.5 second cast, which you're extremely lucky to get off, hits for that much? My level 80 mage hits for over that on a frostbolt crit which is half the cast time?

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    The problem is... he dont really care for it, hes only doing it becouse i ask him to it, he just want points, and then move on... but neither can i find anyone better at arena,(havent had luck yet atleast) i also cant change guild since i'm raiding with my guild. but thats a difrent topic.
    If he doesn't want to put effort into it and you do - you shouldn't play with him. Reaching 1800 for the first time with a partner of your own (obviously low) skill level is pretty hard. It takes quite a few games, a lot of analysation, patience and will. It also takes two 1800 rated players to reach 1800 (or one that knows exactly what to do and another one that knows how to listen and do exactly what he's told to).