Deleted

any F2P SP sci-fi RPGs out there?

i really enjoy RPG games, and i enjoy sci-fi games. are there any decent F2P single player science fiction RPGs out there? if it can be any help, i got morrowind, mass effect 1 and 2, oblivion and possibly some other games that don't jump into my mind when thinking about total conversion.

I am confused, if it's single player how can it be free to play? Also Morrowind and Oblivion are fantasy games not sci-fi and you have to buy them. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    I am confused, if it's single player how can it be free to play? Also Morrowind and Oblivion are fantasy games not sci-fi and you have to buy them. :P
    I think he meant that he wanted a game with gameplay like morrowind and oblivion, but a setting like mass effect 1 and 2.

Deleted
    i'm talking about total conversion mods in that last sentence: mods that completely change the look and feel of a game. stuff like nehrim does for oblivion. since i own the games, and mods for those games are free, i call them F2P.

but at any rate, if it can be a help, drop the single player. i'm just looking for something to stay busy until TOR is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i'm talking about total conversion mods in that last sentence: mods that completely change the look and feel of a game. stuff like nehrim does for oblivion. since i own the games, and mods for those games are free, i call them F2P.

but at any rate, if it can be a help, drop the single player. i'm just looking for something to stay busy until TOR is released.
    You can try Deus Ex Human Revolution if you want a nice rpg but they are not offering anything in terms of mods at the moment.
    If you prefer mods you can try fallout 3 since it have over 9000 mods at fallout nexus.

Plus if you are intersted in nice rpg not matter the graphic you can try gothic 1 and gothic 2. Both have some nice modifications. They are not mods in the same way as in morrowind or oblivion but they are also nice.
    Last edited by mmoc582315ea92; 2011-09-07 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Global Agenda on Steam is pretty fun and free. But its got a good amount of multi player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Global Agenda on Steam is pretty fun and free. But its got a good amount of multi player.
    From I see OP is interested in single players game so your game doesn't suit this very well.

Deleted
    i'm already playing Deus Ex, but i think i'm going to start over there. i've made some pretty bad mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout + vegas + all the DLCs.

Also I went against my own words and bought Deus Ex which Im currently enjoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    there is no such thing as sci-fi RPG, let alone F2P singleplayer, silly people.

It's not free, but Knights of the Old Republic is quite cheap on Steam.

Anarchy online.

But its very dated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Anarchy online.

But its very dated
    As I said with my previous post OP is interested in single player games so the game you proposed doesn't fit the criteria.

If someone looking for a single player game, it mean that he doesn't look for multi-player.

If he was looking for multi-player he would have said it in his post.

Deleted
    F2P SP RPG? Does one decent game like that even exists?

I can only think of payed games. KotOR, great gameplay, good story, very decent graphics, that are imho better than SWtOR graphics, but you migh have played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    KotOR, great gameplay, good story, very decent graphics, that are imho better than SWtOR graphics, but you migh have played it.
    I know that you said "imho" but seriously you need glasses. That's like saying Half-Life graphics are better than Half-Life 2 or something along those lines.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

Deleted
    guys, please read my second post (#4). it states that multiplayer also is fine. i just asked singleplayer in the hopes of there being a total conversion mod for oblivion, morrowind or some other game i own. since that's unlikely, multiplayer only, indiegames or older games from GoG are also fine.

and i have already played through KotOR and the sequel, mass effect 1 and 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    guys, please read my second post (#4). it states that multiplayer also is fine. i just asked singleplayer in the hopes of there being a total conversion mod for oblivion, morrowind or some other game i own. since that's unlikely, multiplayer only, indiegames or older games from GoG are also fine.

and i have already played through KotOR and the sequel, mass effect 1 and 2.
    As I said you could try gothic 1 and gothic 2. There are both great games but gothic 1 is better. There are nice mods for both. Most of mods are in german,polish and german since those games were most popular there.

And if you are intersted in mods you can try fallout 3 since you have a lot of mods there.

You could also try deus ex games except invisible war because it is bullshit.

I really don't get what people love about multi player.

I doubt there is any real good free one out there.