Thread: feral burst

feral burst

how do ferals hit so hard ? what is their rotation?

Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am as my druid is an alt) but:

-they put rake on you to increase bleed damage.
    - they blow berserk if it's up for mangle spam
    -at 5 CPs, they put their bleed DoT (rip)
    -if they're behind you, they'll be spamming shred (non-berserk) for the rip extension and extra damage
    -once your health's down, they'll use FB instead of rip to finish you off
    -top it all off with a passively-applied disease to make you nice and slow and it's gg (for this ele shaman anyway)
    -tiger's fury has a shortish CD=quicker energy regen

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit, my love, its crit. gear+well being feral = massive crit.
    Thats the answer if your question was "why did that druid just hit me for 83k" and the previous post applies if the question was "how did that druid bleed me out so fast".
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Daxanna/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    its an infinitely large universe, its not only entirely plausible that some of the UFO's that are reported are from humanity distant future, its also entirely possible that they are a race of intelligent oranges here to free their kind from the enslavement and murder that man perpetrates on their less advanced descendant's.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am as my druid is an alt) but:

-they put rake on you to increase bleed damage.
    - they blow berserk if it's up for mangle spam
    -at 5 CPs, they put their bleed DoT (rip)
    -if they're behind you, they'll be spamming shred (non-berserk) for the rip extension and extra damage
    -once your health's down, they'll use FB instead of rip to finish you off
    -top it all off with a passively-applied disease to make you nice and slow and it's gg (for this ele shaman anyway)
    -tiger's fury has a shortish CD=quicker energy regen
    Well, they can and should shred while in beserk but really I wouldn't suggest just blowing your cooldowns right in the beginning of every fight..

Beserk; read cat-form's effect, not bear-form.

Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post
    Well, they can and should shred while in beserk but really I wouldn't suggest just blowing your cooldowns right in the beginning of every fight..

Beserk; read cat-form's effect, not bear-form.
    Ah, yes. I've been outed as a weekend bear. Forgot it was different for cat. They take me out so quickly that I can't read the combat text through all the tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanephilosophy View Post
    Crit, my love, its crit. gear+well being feral = massive crit.
    Thats the answer if your question was "why did that druid just hit me for 83k" and the previous post applies if the question was "how did that druid bleed me out so fast".
    WRONG WRONG WRONG

Please stop spreading bullshit k? mostly that video from a feral who raped a PvE clothie hero with a flask,tigers fury,horn of winter,and beserking active.

For bleeds it's mastery,mastery helps feral bleeds by a butt-fuck ton the more mastery you have the more damage your bleeds do.

As for burst that's dependent upon the situation.

A feral who has everything up can hit hard for example Pounce > Mangle > Shred > Out Of Energy> Tigers Fury > Trinket > Rake > Shred and by that point they have about 5 combo points up or so and that's when they apply Rip (Tigers fury increases bleed damage IF you apply your bleeds while tigers fury is active)and attempt to kite you with Infected wounds or stun you and spam shred behind you and even after that there's still the matter of beserk which is 24 seconds of 50% less energy on every ability.

A feral who has nothing up can't necessarily hit that hard per se. Yeah tigers fury is only on a 30 second CD but sometimes when you need it,it's not up and that's when a feral can hit at it's weakest.

Feral energy regen in not great at all infact it's pretty shitty outside of tigers fury/beserk
    Last edited by Kiva; 2011-09-07 at 07:55 PM.

feral burst is a maim+shred spam with berserk up and then fb to finish.

On a plate class you can expect something like 12k shred crits every second and then a 30k fb at the end so its like 60-70k dmg in about 3-4 globals. Still nothing compared to what a mage can put out but a feral can destroy a clothie

Actually no FB never goes for 30k on plates, my highest was 26k, but yeah Iliana is completely correct, our burst is highest when a target is stunned, meaning we can freely shred, however our burst takes alot to set up to actually be deadly in that stun, meaning we need to have TF off cd before we apply the stun, TF+berserk in the next global (ofc pvp on use trinket macro'd into serk), then you quickly apply rake and spam shred till 5cp apply rip then proceed to spam shred untill 5cp for FB, reason bleeds are used is to maximise pressure as bleeds with TF+ agi trinket are way higher on DPE value than FB, and they'll be ticking during the next buildup where they'll pay off the damage lost in burst quite easily. Feral burst takes time to build up, main difference between feral and say rogue or warrior is we have 5-6 constant damage buttons, meaning for a feral to do damage it requires more awareness and attention then for a rogue, who just spams backstab/eviscarate or ambush during shadowdance, with greater effort, comes greater reward(while our cc is relatively easy to set up and requires less cooldowns than a rogues, it still does considerably well, whereas a properly played rogue absolutely dominates the cc game, a properly played feral can't cc during key moments (reckstorm AMS and such) but a rogue can, just proving that whereas 1 class(specc) is supperior to another in one aspect, the other absolutely drops the said class(specc) in another scenario.