Thread: Keyboards

10+ Year Old Account

Keyboards

yup... another one of these again... by me no less!

Story:
    The Microsoft X6 I ordered from Novatech is taking a while to arrive so they've offered to swap it for one at a discount (how much i'm not sure yet... depends on the choice I guess)

The question:
    Which of the keyboards in this selection that are in stock would you pick and why?

I know each user is different, and each keyboard is different, that's why I want to know WHY you would pick each keyboard.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-09-07 at 06:14 PM.

according to their website the x6 is still in stock , and if it was me i'd stand by that decision. If not, Black widow .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    according to their website the x6 is still in stock , and if it was me i'd stand by that decision. If not, Black widow .
    At Suppliers != In stock it's been "At Suppliers" for about 3 weeks now. My guess is the supplier is saying they have stock, when they don't and thus can not deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    downside to the black widow is that the media keys work off a function key, like a laptop, which is bloody irritating, other than that, i've gotten to quite like mine, if you can, visit a local store and see about testing out some keyboards to get the one you like (oh, the black widow is noisy too) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    downside to the black widow is that the media keys work off a function key, like a laptop, which is bloody irritating, other than that, i've gotten to quite like mine, if you can, visit a local store and see about testing out some keyboards to get the one you like (oh, the black widow is noisy too) :P
    That's 100% True, horrible media controls , stellar feel for the keyboard iteself tho..

Deleted
    Razer Black Widow Ultimate.

Overpriced: Yes
    Fucking awesome: Yes

It's really lovely to write/play with (:

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    Razer Black Widow Ultimate.

Overpriced: Yes
    Fucking awesome: Yes

It's really lovely to write/play with (:
    The regular version is the same , it just doesn't have backlighting and usb ports...
    the widow is like one of the cheapest mechanicals on the market..

Deleted
    Is there a reason you can't just cancel the order and buy from elsewhere?

It's £40.84 at Novatech, but it's £40.74 with free delivery from Amazon, who list it as in stock, or Pixmania have it at £39.73 (but charge £7+ for delivery).

Heck, even PC World have it for £40.74 as their 'web exclusive' price.

Tip: if you have a local PC World, go down and see if they have one in stock. If they do, note that the shelf price is £65 or so. Amble over to the Mac section (because they tend to have internet access and not be locked). Go to PC World's website, do the 'reserve in store' option (which gets it for you at the web price, think there's a confirmation number you need to note down), and then take the keyboard over to the customer reservations desk and explain you've reserved this one and would like to buy it now thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faffin View Post
    Is there a reason you can't just cancel the order and buy from elsewhere?

It's £40.84 at Novatech, but it's £40.74 with free delivery from Amazon, who list it as in stock, or Pixmania have it at £39.73 (but charge £7+ for delivery).

Heck, even PC World have it for £40.74 as their 'web exclusive' price.

Tip: if you have a local PC World, go down and see if they have one in stock. If they do, note that the shelf price is £65 or so. Amble over to the Mac section (because they tend to have internet access and not be locked). Go to PC World's website, do the 'reserve in store' option (which gets it for you at the web price, think there's a confirmation number you need to note down), and then take the keyboard over to the customer reservations desk and explain you've reserved this one and would like to buy it now thanks
    Because it's not actually going to cost me £40 from Novatech :P it's nearer £30 ;-)

And lol :P nice tip :P but I used to work there :P I know what happens to their stock :P Plus I could probably wrangle a staff discount anyway. but i'd rather have it from Novatech as I'm waiting on a computer from there anyway.

I'd also rather avoid PCWorld for anything that isn't a real emergency.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-09-07 at 07:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't need it immediately I'd just wait for it. I like my Logitech G110 but at the same time I wish I'd gone for the X6
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right