Thread: Anyone knows?

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone knows?

So I'm planning on redoing my UI, but don't wanna get rid of my current one until the other one is finished and I'm happy with it, so is there anyway I can save my current one while I make my new one? Was thinking of just moving the cache, wtf and interface folder to somewhere else while I set the new one up... Will that work or am I missing something? Need to keep all my allignments and keybinds when doing this...

pretty much every single addon has the ability to be saved under profile names, this is usually in the settings some place. most will have a default of being able to load the setup from various toons.

you can save the profile for each part of your UI, then change things around, and always load up the old profile if you want.

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 06:38 PM ----------

if you are really paranoid about moving stuff around and losing settings. have a second copy of WoW on your computer. just copy the wow folder to another, and load it up and change things around on that one. all the settings and such will be exclusive to that copy. then, when you are done, and satisfied with the results, you can move the wtf and addons folders over to your main copy of wow, overwriting all files in the process.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or, if you're really paranoid, you can copy your WTF folder to save a snapshot of all your settings for everything Right Now. :>