Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    some armor looked neat when dyed in the right color that's for sure )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Would you say World of Warcraft is not a real MMORPG because you are split up across over 500 different servers (and that's just for EU/NA)?

In Guild Wars everyone is split up across 100 different outposts, but everyone plays on the same server. So when you think about it, Guild Wars is even more of an MMORPG than World of Warcraft because instead of being able to play with 2000 people on your server, you are able to play with everyone who bought the game. And with 7 Million copies sold that is an awesome technological feat.
    It's something I wish other mmo developers would learn and I'm happy that Anet removed the regional restrictions. GW server hardware are located all around world, so that players can enjoy low ping, but the fact they let players move around without extra fee or long delay is great. There is no 24h wait for transferring character, just click and select region you wish to play and done, doesn't even require logging out.
    Last edited by mmoca7d06c4104; 2011-09-08 at 01:58 PM.

it was very successful, looked great on low end systems and was more like a single player RPG as far as pve goes

gw2 is going to be nothing like it, it's going to be a true mmorpg but most people who played gw liked it.

7 million copies sold can't come from a bad game.
    Ok it's dated, I think even the people playing it still will agree on that but considering it's free to play I must say it's quite a feat to keep it running for this long and still have a lot of people online.
    Just log into Lion's Arch or Kaineng Center for instance. There's still a lot of activity.
    It had its flaws: No auction house, clunky bulk sale mechanics, no jump :P but in the end it kept me busy for nearly 3 years before I moved over to WoW. The difference between the two is. I still log on to GW from time to time. This is no longer the case with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good game. Its what got me into mmo's before WoW. Back when i was terrible, it was still an enjoyable game!

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Would you say World of Warcraft is not a real MMORPG because you are split up across over 500 different servers (and that's just for EU/NA)?

In Guild Wars everyone is split up across 100 different outposts, but everyone plays on the same server. So when you think about it, Guild Wars is even more of an MMORPG than World of Warcraft because instead of being able to play with 2000 people on your server, you are able to play with everyone who bought the game. And with 7 Million copies sold that is an awesome technological feat.
    Uhhh it's the instanced world that people have an issue with, not districts vs. servers. Is it really that hard for you to make a single objective non-raging-fanboy comment about anything Guild Wars? Apparently it is.

OP: It's a fun game, but would probably be incredibly hard to get into at this point in time. If you want the HoM points for GW2, it's probably worth getting if you have the free time. Just don't go in with high expectations, the gameplay is very different and it's not hard to notice its age.

As someone who recently began playing Guild Wars, for the HoM rewards for Guild Wars 2, I'm finding that I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Sure, the controls are a bit clunkier than what we're used to in MMORPGs like WoW, but the gameplay's still fun, music's great, and the lore's interesting. It's certainly helping me get pumped for Guild Wars 2, anyways.