Thread: [TV] Terra Nova

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

[TV] Terra Nova

Will you be watching it? The trailer makes it look promising, but we all know that the trailers always try to overhype an upcoming movie/show. Personally, being a HUGE dinosaur and Jurassic Park fan, I'll be checking it out.

Definitely looks like a mixture of Avatar (hell, it's even got the guy who played the General in Avatar) and Jurassic Park, which seems like it could be a really neat combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a look. It has 2, maybe 3 episodes to hook me.

If it focuses too much on cute little kids, I'm out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be awesome. Reminds me a bit of the BBC series Outcasts. But because it is on Fox, it will get canceled.

That's the only thing that has me concerned, is it being on Fox. If it were on HBO, I'd be way more looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, looks pretty nice.
    It's Fox. It will get cancelled after 10 episodes :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually looks pretty good tbh, i hope it lives up to the trailer.

Also i'm English, i know about the Fox channel in general but i'm guessing it has a 'thing' for canceling shows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Also i'm English, i know about the Fox channel in general but i'm guessing it has a 'thing' for canceling shows?
    They cancelled Firefly after 11 episodes, thus setting a new milestone by which all bad decisions regarding cancelling TV shows are now measured.
    Need I say more?

Looks great.

It also screams "Cancel me because I'm not 9 seasons viable and you're better off showing a re-run of CSI".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    They cancelled Firefly after 11 episodes, thus setting a new milestone by which all bad decisions regarding cancelling TV shows are now measured.
    Need I say more?
    Don't forget they aired the episodes out of order, confusing half the people who watched it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Need I say more?
    The one thing that may give a little bit of life to it is the fact that is airing on Mondays. It if was airing on Fridays it would be dead from the start. Of course I can easily see FOX moving it to fridays if the ratings are not stealer right off the bat.

It actually looks pretty good Hal. I'll give it a gander.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOVE the idea but IMO Fox picked it up just to cancel it. They cater to people with certain tastes and this doesn't fit that criteria. There's a reason the show hasn't had a successful weekly lineup since the 90s. They even killed off their late night lineup >.>;

Sidenote: Post #400 ^_^
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping it's better than the frankly awful Falling Skies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This went from being completly off my radar to being a show that I have high expectations for after I attended the Wondercon panel on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    That's the only thing that has me concerned, is it being on Fox. If it were on HBO, I'd be way more looking forward to it.
    This ^, is why i love having the full HBO stars & cinimax movie packages. The writers can do whatever they want & no censors can complain about sh!t.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Up until the dinos popped their heads in I was sat here thinking "oh look, Earth 2 2".

I'll give it a go I think.

[TV] Terra Nova plot hole?

I've been seeing a lot of commericals for this lately and got to thinking, if humans go back in time to "start over" back when dinosaurs were around, wouldn't the humans die as well when that big comet comes and wipes the dinosaurs out?

Well if you listened closely the commerical says "85 million years in the past" the comet was assumed to hit around 65 million years ago.

Edit - at least thats what i heard on the radio this morning

20 million years is plenty of time to get off the planet or find a way to survive.

Not only that, but with the small amount of humans that go back, I smell incest...

lol i thought that too, its stupid
    Gaze long unto an abyss, and the abyss will gaze back unto you.