Duel Monitor Going on then off quickly?

Hey guys, a few months back i bought a new monitor so i can do more multitasking and it was running great up until the past month. Whenever i go to turn my computer on only one of my screens actually comes on and the other one will flicker on for about 1 second then turn off. When i try to turn it on again the same thing happens, on for a second then off. On the rare occasion, after about turning it on and off about 20 times it will stay on. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    loose cable?

Nah, iv checked all my cables and made sure none are out of place.

Is it the same one that's always having the issues? Have you tried seeing what happens if you use only that monitor?

Happens on my old second monitor, it turns on for a second then turns back off.

Usually happens when the monitor gets too cold for me, so I usually have to let it warm up.
    Last edited by Glomp; 2011-09-08 at 01:31 AM.

Yes, its the same monitor having the same issue always. And when i try just using that monitor it still does the same thing.

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Happens on my old second monitor, it turns on for a second then turns back off.

Usually happens when the monitor gets too cold.
    How would i make it more warm to see if this works?

Well I usually have to leave it on standby during winter, but most of the time I just have to wait 10-20 minutes for it to warm up.

I guess if you had like.. a hair dryer or something you could give it a quick blast?

Okay, i just gave it a blow with a hair dryer and still nothing.

Sounds like it's at the end of its life then.

Damn man, I wonder why it only started happening once i got duel monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    Damn man, I wonder why it only started happening once i got duel monitor.
    Firstly it's "dual" not "duel"
    Secondly it didn't start right as you got it, you even said that.

It's likely dying like others have said, but being only a few months old likely also has a warranty. Unless you bought used or refurbished.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Maybe in his case it IS "duel' monitor and one of them lost...

Brumfondl