Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty710 View Post
    The main problem is it sort of overrides the look of your gear. Which is one of the reasons they decided to take away permanent tree form from druids. A new effect that doesn't obscure what your gear looks like would be great.
    Yes but Druids had the problem that every one of their specs required a form so you would never see any druid showing off their armor while in combat. Priests don't have the same exact problem since healing Priests always show off their armor. Even now resto Druids are the only spec that the Druid class has that shows off their armor as all other Druid specs require an animal form. On and btw the the Boomkin model has still never been updated.

I like the appearance of Shadow form in it's current state, I am not sure what else Blizzard could do to enhance it's current look with out really ruining the flavor of the look. Most other classes don't have a different appearance for their different specs, and those that do only seem to complain about them. Go figure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I like the look of the current shadowform.

The transparent shadowy look with the purple smoke going out of us and those red glowing eyes are neat!

Deleted
    My main has been Shadow for a few years already and I haven't got overly bored with the shadowform thus far. And now when we have the orbs and wings and everything, I'm quite happy with the whole package. When I'm raiding I don't have time to admire anyone's looks anyway, not even my own, so it's not a big deal for me if I can't see my gear very well. I can always pop out of shadowform when I'm just idling and look at my gear then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember New Coke or Pepsi Blue? Don't try to fix what ain't broke.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Don't touch my Shadowform. It along with Mind Flay are *the* defining characteristics of the spec.

If they made a minor glyph to change it (somehow), that'd be alright, too. Doesn't everyone remember the uproar when Treeform got changed to Tree of Life for Resto Druids and the graphic changed with it?
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Yea I am quite happy with the shadowform... also iirc they did update it awhile ago to make it more shadowy and stuff... Also if you have that flame druid locket things... looks uber cool in shadowform, just wish it had a longer duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Hey, it was the same for the druid forms...
    Druid forms were and still are quite different.
    With a spriest you get a nice buff.
    if you wanted to feral dps you NEEDED to go kitty. And those forms needed an update :P
    Especially since worgen and trolls were coming

But yes I agree spriest's need a new effect for it.
    AFTER Moonkin ofc

15+ Year Old Account
    Leave Shadowform alone, it's perfect like it is. If you don't like how it makes your gear look, then don't use it while standing around in Stormwind. If you are staring at your gear in a raid, then you've got bigger problems than shadowform!

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I'd rather them keep it as is than fudge it up .

Yeah a new form would be a nice addition imo. I'd like us to just turn completely black with some darkish swirls around us, instead of transparent like we mostly do now.
    (kind of like a silhouette with some fading) Also I think instead of shadow orbs we should have gotten tentacles like from the cho'gal fight debuff.

No complaints, just would be a fun addition/change, of course many wouldn't like a change at all.
    I WOULD however, really like to be able to use gift of naaru without losing shadow form, and thus 2 GCDs+loss of dmg mitigation for that time but not really important.

Quote Originally Posted by Jflitt14 View Post
    Does anyone else think that the transparent look is getting a lil old? i think we shud get a new look to go with all the new content
    Yeah, I would be for that. I would also like an option to not have our shadowform, shadow our mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    Yeah, I would be for that. I would also like an option to not have our shadowform, shadow our mounts.
    I actually think all specs of all classes should be easily identifiable. It makes you really FEEL like a shadow priest simply by standing still. Now look at a rogue. No matter spec ur in...you look the same. You don't feel any different. You just don't feel like you can identify with your spec. Shadowpriests are lucky to have such a great graphic!

Becareful what you ask for, you just might get it!

Look what happened to the resto druids!

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I don't feel that purple gas looks like shadow. It'd be interesting to see a "shadow" form that actually looked like a shadow, rather than something pulled out of the sewers.

Perhaps an unfocused, dark grey body. Anonymous, and like something from an indistinct nightmare - and certainly not clearly being my own character, just purple, transparent, and gassy.
    I think the reason they did that is just visibility in low light environments or black/grey environments and for the colorblind that see green as grey. Adding a purple hue just makes it easier to see the toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

10+ Year Old Account
    INC Druid Rage!

Atleast your shadow form is dynamic with your gear = D

Moonkin form needs a change more imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be curious to see what a "new" version would look like.. But Shadowform is unqie as it is.. I enjoy being the only class, hell spec. to be able to look like this.. All druids can go into cat or bear form.. ONLY Shadow Priests can go into Shadowform, I like that.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    That's one of the best things about shadowform! Makes almost every mount atleast 20% cooler.
    It also makes all mounts look the same. The color of the mount will do nothing.

But I like being a shadow dragon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    And here I continue to be amazed at the new complaints that surface. If this change ever took place, we would be graced with an equal number of dissenters against the new model. Then the cycle repeats, fun fun.
    This is correct. Try to take pleasure in our diverse community, I'll let you know when I do.

It was initially intended for Warlocks, enjoy stealing their things!

I want to see my gear. :<