help my graphic card is over heating

hi everyone
    a couple of days ago , my pc wouldnt boot up so i had it repaired , turns out the graphics card fan chip set was damaged , had a new one installed but now then fan runs loud even when the pc is idle or i am browsing so i monitored its temps using cpuid hwmonitor when browsing and these are temps of the graphic card min was 61c and max was 81c , are these temps normal or is there something wrong, if it isnt the graphic card what could be making the fan go crazy like this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    hi everyone
    a couple of days ago , my pc wouldnt boot up so i had it repaired , turns out the graphics card fan chip set was damaged , had a new one installed but now then fan runs loud even when the pc is idle or i am browsing so i monitored its temps using cpuid hwmonitor when browsing and these are temps of the graphic card min was 61c and max was 81c , are these temps normal or is there something wrong, if it isnt the graphic card what could be making the fan go crazy like this ?
    Could you please provide us with your system specs and more detailed info as to what you were doing at the time of these temps. Normally a video card should never go over 80 degrees for long periods of time (even under 100% load, except for laptops I'm guessing but I'm not to familiar with that), but in either case it's definatly not normal.

A small tip on the side; Make sure you have the latest drivers installed of your video card, these can be found at http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2011-09-08 at 03:21 AM. Reason: added link

Deleted
    Well, first and foremost it would be nice with a little more information. Is this a desktop or a laptop? What computer is it? What GPU do you have? Case? Fans?

81c is high if you are only browsing, but not so much if you are playing games. On a laptop the GPU can easily go up to 85c during 100% usage. 61c idle is totally fine for a laptop, but seems a bit high for a desktop GPU (depends a lot if it's a reference cooler card or not I suppose).

ok first of all im working on a laptop and the specs are
    system model : dell inspiron n5010
    processor:intel core i3 cpu M350 @ 2.27ghz
    ram 4.00gb
    64bit
    graphic card : radeon mobility hd 5478
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Deleted
    For a laptop, 61c idle and 81c while playing games is normal. If it goes to 81c while you are browsing, something might be wrong. As suggested above, use MSI Afterburner (free) and check for temperature and GPU usage when you use your computer. Also, make sure that the exhausts and air intakes on the laptop aren't blocked.

and now i tried the temps while playing wow tit went up to 108 c
    edit : installing msi afterbruner right now
    edit 2 : the drivers are up to date

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 11:28 PM ----------

so downloaded and installed msi afterburner what now ?XD

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 11:37 PM ----------

ok so i let msi after burner run while i was browsing and the graph show that the gpu teamp was between 67 and 88
    and the cpu usage was between 0 and 65 %
    core clock between 150 and 750 mhz
    and memory clock 200- 800 mhz

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 12:17 AM ----------

bump XD plz help me out guys