(ret) need a lookover

hello i think im gonna get back into raiding with my guild i subbed in last night and for the heroic bethtilac fight i pulled an average of 19k with the kill attempt being 18.6 my gear set up is this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onflick/simple
    on other fights i can pull up to 22k but the average is about 20-21k
    now my gear is pretty much scraps from when i was healing and its not really what was BiS.. what i wanna know is what should i be doing in this type of gear and am i on the right track?

i just got the legs and the gloves last night so it doesnt reflect those numbers i was using t11 gloves and legs *edit*
    Last edited by konflick; 2011-09-08 at 03:35 AM.

In my opinion your looking pretty good just a few things you might want to consider changing are

Glove enchant: 35 str is superior to the mastery
    Reforging could be fixed up a bit better.
    The pain in the ass bit is your at the point where Exp is everywhere and you have dropped the SoT glyph. (I have done this also as you get further into FL your exp will begin to drop again so just keep an eye on it)

Talents: Dropping a point from Guardian Favor and Acts of Sacrifice to get 2/2 Eye for an Eye
    It may sound like a pvp talent but these days its used more in PvE than PvP and you would be surprised how much damage it does especially on fights like beth
    Cata seems to be heavy on the AoE magic damage so it is really handy to have in my opinion.

Seeing as though you are stuck with a 3.6 weapon speed it doesn't make dps too much fun for ret until you get a 3.8

Also it is hard to judge dps on beth as there is so much moving around you cant get a solid focus on a target which again makes it hard for ret pallies as there is a bit of rev up time, it does however sound to me that your dps is pretty well on par with your gear.

Here are a few websites I like to use for finding BiS items, Reforging etc

Ask Mr Robot -http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear
    That website will do everything...reforging/gemming/enchanting/BiS items/Stat weights etc

WoW Reforge - http://www.wowreforge.com/
    I tend to use this one more for reforging as I am not a huge fan of how Ask Mr Robot's reforge system is set out.

EDIT: For CD rotations I like to use in this rotation
    DG wait 10sec > AW > Zealotry > Golem Pot > Continue rotation

Hope you find this info helpful
    Last edited by Oracle; 2011-09-08 at 04:36 AM.

Deleted
    chest could be 20 stats isntead of 15,
    gloves 50 stre isntead of 65 mastery,
    65 crit on cloak
    new relic asap, tank one with dodge reforged wil get you same stre but more mastery + less crit(reforged from dodge), (justice points relic) and will remove wasted expertise.

you need 6 hit rating for cap,

swap reforged in helm and neck neck reforge to hit instead of crit and head into crit instead of hit.

haste and crit ratings are almsot identical now but you have 500 more crit rating that haste so maybe swap some haste for crit on items with no reforge atm.

Swap the helmet. It's supposed to be a tanking-helmet and has less strength then the DPS helmets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use this thread to receive a rating on your Retribution spec.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!