Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Having an issue with the Safari browser on my iPhone

The basic problem is that sites like Mmo-C and some others will hang up and crash safari while they're trying to load the page. According the iTunes I'm up to date so, has this been happening to others?
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunefire View Post
    The basic problem is that sites like Mmo-C and some others will hang up and crash safari while they're trying to load the page. According the iTunes I'm up to date so, has this been happening to others?
    Works fine on my phone running Android.

inb4 smartphone flamewar

OT: no i have not had this problem

i've been experiencing the same thing, i think its the lates iphone update

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...his-site/page2

I know it's about Chrome crashing, but there's a few people that mention safari crashing from their iphone. Someone pointed out that both Safari and Chrome using the same rendering engine, so it could be because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by foolmetwice View Post
    Works fine on my phone running Android.
    Works fine on my kerosene- powered
    cheese grater running arch. Your point is?

I haven't had this issue on my iPhone, but then again I haven't had updated my phone in a bit so it could be the latest update that's triggering the problem.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it now, works fine. But I don't have the latest update installed, so maybe that's the issue.

Also:
    1. Open App Store
    2. Search Opera Mini
    3. Download & install
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

Deleted
    I'm not having any problems at all. Using latest firmware on a 3GS. When does it happened? Does it return any error message? Are yyou using Edge, 3G or wifi (might be a long shot tho). What other sites? Forums like mmo-c?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens on mmoc as thats the only site I surf on my phone at break when I'm at work, but if I'm taking a constitutional and I'm on wifi it happens as well, just not as often, but weirdly I'm not seeing any of the ads as well at the top of the pages? Plus I'm not going to pay for Opera Mini, this has been happening the past few weeks, plus the typing interface is laggy as hell to when I'm on here too?

Edit:

Got the mini version confused with the full version, ty for the tip.
    Last edited by Dunefire; 2011-09-08 at 05:48 PM.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

Deleted
    Have you tried resetting the network settings?? About the ads it could be some CSS problems. Also try a hard restart (home button and button on top). You're not using a proxy or anything?

Deleted
    Plus I'm not going to pay for Opera Mini
    Umm, it's free.

The MMO-C forum has never* played nicely with Safari on the iPhone (or the iPad), it is an issue the mods are aware of, but they've said a mobile version (or a more Safari friendly version) is not on the horizon for a couple of reasons, practicality and demand probably being the two largest.

Like others have suggested, download the Opera Mini-Browser App (which is free) and you're golden.

*I say "never", but it may have worked sometime before I started posting last year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm No Problems on my iPad 1 which is updated. :<
    Druid since Feb. 06

i can confirm that mmo-champ sometimes freezes on my iphone 4 as well, more so then the average site

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it started the typing lag just after the most recent update, the Opera mini is a "different" browser, if only mozilla would make firefox for iOS.../sigh. To answer Robinhoodexe, 3GS phone about 1 1/2 years old, and im on 3G about95% of the time

Deleted
    Yea it started the typing lag just after the most recent update, the Opera mini is a "different" browser, if only mozilla would make firefox for iOS.../sigh. To answer Robinhoodexe, 3GS phone about 1 1/2 years old, and im on 3G about95% of the time
    Did you reset the network settings? Either way, I know the admins are working on a mobile version of mmo-champion (there's a bounch of threads in the suggestion/feedback forum).