Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Disc and Baelroc 10hc

    I've been browsing abit through forums and seen a few post saying that for this fight matery is the way to go. I'm currently stacking haste+crit which has been working fine for me for a long time, so my question is:

    Is it worth going for a mastery heavy build for this fight? and secondly, with less haste wont that meen less stacks? (getting roughly 70 stacks on the first crystal with my currently build)

  2. #2
    .1 seconds from haste won't get you a faster stack. Well timed pennances and heals when knowing how many stacks your crystal soakers are going to and are swapping at will get you stacks.

    Shields are spammable, even on tanks without loosing your stack phase. When you multiply the DA and pws x 100+ stacks... mastery owns ass. even on ten where haste sorta shines for us in ten man.

    Remember your DA is also limited by your health pool, so with that in consideration, imo crit looses a bit.
    Last edited by Flight; 2011-09-08 at 10:04 AM.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,944
    Don't think you have to reforge just for baleroc, the fight is not so much about maximizing output. Spell selection and making sure you heal the correct targets is everything on this fight.

    I usually stack on the first three crystals (shadowpriest 1st then 2players for the next 2 crystals) with penance at start, into pws, flash, flash, flash, pws(if ws is gone), then more flash spam etc.. Pop shadowfiend and hoh after 1st crystal (with heroism), PI when hero drops and maybe a conc pot (if bad gear) after 2nd crystal. After the 3rd crystal my mana is usually quite low <25%, but its okay tank healing is very managable when u have like 180-200 stacks after 3 crystals.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    .1 seconds from haste won't get you a faster stack. Well timed pennances and heals when knowing how many stacks your crystal soakers are going to and are swapping at will get you stacks.

    Shields are spammable, even on tanks without loosing your stack phase. When you multiply the DA and pws x 100+ stacks... mastery owns ass. even on ten where haste sorta shines for us in ten man.

    Remember your DA is also limited by your health pool, so with that in consideration, imo crit looses a bit.
    If DA on this fight is limited by your hp aswell and crit going low then why would you stack mastery since you need the crit for it proc DA. If mastery is just for PW:S i dont see the point really

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithranlas View Post
    If DA on this fight is limited by your hp aswell and crit going low then why would you stack mastery since you need the crit for it proc DA. If mastery is just for PW:S i dont see the point really
    Mastery affects PW:S to a much greater degree than it affects DA. Priests that stack Mastery on Baleroc are doing so to get HUGE PW:Shields on the tank; with an appropriate number of Spark stacks, it's feasible to absorb almost an entire Decimation Blade (perhaps even a whole one, though I've yet to see that done, personally). SoS also really shines on this fight, allowing the Priest to pump out more shields.

    To answer the OP's question, I really don't think that stacking Mastery is *necessary* for this fight. It allows the Priest to pump out some pretty awesome numbers, but, largely, I think knowing *how* to best build your Spark stacks is MUCH more useful than going full-Mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithranlas View Post
    If DA on this fight is limited by your hp aswell and crit going low then why would you stack mastery since you need the crit for it proc DA. If mastery is just for PW:S i dont see the point really
    DA works differently on baleroc and on this fight it can be much higher than your usual cap, it was related to order of applying cap/bonuses and was explained somewhere on these forums but cant find it atm.

    PW:S is affected by the bonus on this fight and with how PW:S scales with mastery, lots of mastery combined with sos spec can bring very good results.

    as for the sparks stacking, how do you stack them? do you have penance glyph, sos specced, shield glyph, spam flashes?

  7. #7
    I tried stacking mastery on this fight last week, but it provided next to no benefits for me. I ended up just going for a Non-AA, Surge of Light + Veiled Shadows build. With the correct spell usage it meant I could get 111 stacks from the first two crystals and from there I just stayed on the tanks full time.

    You can see my healing done on this log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r3...?s=9522&e=9887
    Posix, Pandaren Priest on Lightbringer.

  8. #8
    i typically run a low-spirit Haste / Crit build for disc.. For this fight on HC i completely changed it up to a high spirit (3k + tsunami) heavy mastery build. It seemed to help quite a bit. Priority was bascially Spirit > mastery > haste > crit. (Crit is bad because of the DA cap at around 70k~)

  9. #9
    Dreadlord myhv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    994
    I've been doing it as full spirit/mastery set for the first week (my holy gear) and I must say it sucked. SO many times I would drop a tank (or even a person taking stacks) cause my heal would be too slow. Haste is still really nice stat for this fight. Also it seems like shields don't do anything useful on decimation blades, although I was not able to confirm that.
    Ashes to ashes, fade and rust, your mind be broken, your body to dust

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I've been doing it as full spirit/mastery set for the first week (my holy gear) and I must say it sucked. SO many times I would drop a tank (or even a person taking stacks) cause my heal would be too slow. Haste is still really nice stat for this fight. Also it seems like shields don't do anything useful on decimation blades, although I was not able to confirm that.
    Shields do work, you probably not stacking correctly if you don't notice the insane absorbs. Also if someone drops because your heals are to slow you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Yilar; 2011-09-10 at 10:35 AM.

  11. #11
    The one thing i'm concerned about is during the shard phase if i will be able to keep ppl up with 5% haste instead of 20 but i will try the mastery build out next lockout and see for myself

    Ty for the tips and replys

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I've been doing it as full spirit/mastery set for the first week (my holy gear) and I must say it sucked. SO many times I would drop a tank (or even a person taking stacks) cause my heal would be too slow. Haste is still really nice stat for this fight. Also it seems like shields don't do anything useful on decimation blades, although I was not able to confirm that.
    IIRC, the decimation blade can't be absorbed, but everything else can.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    IIRC, the decimation blade can't be absorbed, but everything else can.
    Damage from decimation blade can not be mitigated via resistances/blocks/cooldowns. Decimation blade damage can be reduced through absorption effects.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    Damage from decimation blade can not be mitigated via resistances/blocks/cooldowns. Decimation blade damage can be reduced through absorption effects.
    just confirming this to be correct, same reason DK's AMS works but shield wall (and even Icebound fortitude) do not

  15. #15
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    82
    some how it took me a while to get to grips with this fight im raiding in a 10 man guild with a very good holy palla and a resto druid .. both 375 + they used to trounce me on numbers during this fight but i recently got it lol now i do some awesome numbers on this fight .... basicly they way it goes for us is first person to get 80 stacks stays on the tank and thats usualy me and we only use one tank .. more stacks prolly would make it easy but at 80 stacks i stay on tank and the other two just heal tormented and job done .. no manna issues at all , im running about 1300 + HST ,1000 Crit and , 18 mastery just having that little extra crit ie updated from 500 crit to 1000 i see a hell of more crits im not convinced a pure haste build is ok , but it is personal choice afterall but i found a mastery build does have its benifits , ive only been doing about 35 - 40 k HPS on tank at end of the fight but that could be im timing my PWS wrong on tank .. ive seen some higher figures thou in to 60k + ranges but if the boss dies and no one bites the farm then who cares

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmesiah View Post
    some how it took me a while to get to grips with this fight im raiding in a 10 man guild with a very good holy palla and a resto druid .. both 375 + they used to trounce me on numbers during this fight but i recently got it lol now i do some awesome numbers on this fight .... basicly they way it goes for us is first person to get 80 stacks stays on the tank and thats usualy me and we only use one tank .. more stacks prolly would make it easy but at 80 stacks i stay on tank and the other two just heal tormented and job done .. no manna issues at all , im running about 1300 + HST ,1000 Crit and , 18 mastery just having that little extra crit ie updated from 500 crit to 1000 i see a hell of more crits im not convinced a pure haste build is ok , but it is personal choice afterall but i found a mastery build does have its benifits , ive only been doing about 35 - 40 k HPS on tank at end of the fight but that could be im timing my PWS wrong on tank .. ive seen some higher figures thou in to 60k + ranges but if the boss dies and no one bites the farm then who cares
    You using 3 healers for this? on hc?

  17. #17
    get a shadow priest to soak the 1st stack and pop BL as soon as the SP is targetted with torment. penance him, pop your fiend and spam the shit out of flash heal. pain supress on 13 stacks and he should pop dispersion on 19. this ensures he can soak the entire thing. as soon as the shard has finished, hymn of hope to regain mana ready for the 2nd shard

    we use a pally tank who can lay on hands himself so we both gain stacks before healing him

    by the end of that crystal im usually sitting on +/- 110 stacks. then the pally takes over tank healing and i keep on healing the 2nd shard.

    i run a mastery heavy build (21mastery) dunno if it helps original question, byut basically pop BL and spam your fastest casts to get the stacks up asap

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vraie View Post
    Absolute waste of ps, considering it can be used for the second shard;

    We have a fury war take the first shard and we don't use external cd's and he's always fine
    Your fury warrior tanks the first shard to 25 without external CDs? No, no he doesn't.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithranlas View Post
    You using 3 healers for this? on hc?
    If you have competent DPS and right classes, it is much easier than having two healers.

  20. #20
    I stack haste as much as possible... I swap out trinkets depending on the fight and how I heal it. We 2 heal it with me & a holy pally... I really don't think the minor changes that you can get from reforging will make or break your capability to heal this fight. I think the deciding factors are:
    1) Stack efficiently & effectively. This can be aided by having a way to see stacks on shard soakers and by spell choice. For example, if Penance comes off of cooldown when the soaker is at 4 stacks, I can wait until they're at 6 stacks to hit penance so that I get 6 spark stacks instead of 3. Little gains like this will make a difference in the last 30% of the boss.
    2) When you're tank healing, know what dmg to expect and how to heal it. Also know when your tank healing buff will drop so you can be prepared to refresh it immediately.

    The fight is much more about paying attention and making good choices than about your gear itemization (well, as long as it isn't silly itemization >>).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •