Deleted

Prot: Why Should I choose this trinket over my previous one?

Hey guys,
    There is a question which bother me for quite a long time now.Yesterday I get my hands on Scales Of life (10k from trade chat long live ppls which don't have idea about real price of items) and I still don't have it equipped.

The reason why is because I currently have this two trinkets: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Faldar/simple

My combat table coverage currently is at 98.32 and if I remove my Mirror of broken images it means i will lose 321 mastery intotal which will put me around 96 even 95 combat table coverage.

Now I've been reading a lot about it , checked few prot pallys which choose Scales of life over mirror of broken images, Is there any particular reason why I should choose scales of life and screw my go at reaching 102.4 CtC? Is that 575 Stamina so important or is it because of the self heal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by mmoc6724dfe605; 2011-09-08 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    your armour says you have 98.13 ctc with 0 buffs ( i assume your 98.32 was with kings or a food buff)
    from raid buffs you gain kings and food and stre buff, worth 250~ in parry/dodge.
    you can gain an aditional 225 mastery with elixir which is worth 1.23 mastery and so -> 2.8% block.
    with that elixir + food and raid buffs your at 102~ which places you just below the ctc.
    which after you get a valor ring to go with your boe ring will mean your probably at ctc.

being at CTC will make you a lot easier to heal than being 4% block lower than cap as all it takes is that 4% to occur twice in a row and you die on some bosses. these bosses will be hiting you for such numbers that each block stops 20k~ damg.

the extra health from that trinket is 575*14*1.05*1.05*1.2 from talents and buffs and plate spec and the stamina -> hp co-efficient.
    that equals 10650 HP 1/2 of the damg you would block.
    if you conbine that with the heal of 17k your back to where you would have been if you blocked.
    but you can only heal once a minute.

stick with mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    your armour says you have 98.13 ctc with 0 buffs ( i assume your 98.32 was with kings or a food buff)
    from raid buffs you gain kings and food and stre buff, worth 250~ in parry/dodge.
    you can gain an aditional 225 mastery with elixir which is worth 1.23 mastery and so -> 2.8% block.
    with that elixir + food and raid buffs your at 102~ which places you just below the ctc.
    which after you get a valor ring to go with your boe ring will mean your probably at ctc.

being at CTC will make you a lot easier to heal than being 4% block lower than cap as all it takes is that 4% to occur twice in a row and you die on some bosses. these bosses will be hiting you for such numbers that each block stops 20k~ damg.

the extra health from that trinket is 575*14*1.05*1.05*1.2 from talents and buffs and plate spec and the stamina -> hp co-efficient.
    that equals 10650 HP 1/2 of the damg you would block.
    if you conbine that with the heal of 17k your back to where you would have been if you blocked.
    but you can only heal once a minute.

stick with mastery.
    Exactly the type of answer which I was looking for. Thanks a lot mate!

Deleted
    I would recommend to push your reputation to Revered with Avengers of Hyjal and then substitute Mirror of Broken Images with Essence of the Eternal Flame