Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have 200k, you should already know how to invest it.

The future value of everything, including gold, is unknowable. The only possible investment decision then is to diversify. Keep some gold. Accumulate various expensive mounts, pets, and items. Some will lose value, but you are maximizing your chance that not everything you own will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Oh yeah?
    And what to do with all the Tokens i get from the Daily?
    Ive bought the last possible recipe few days ago...and we are just halfway thru the expansion.
    That's your problem. You shouldn't have saved so many of them for something that will probably never come.

Buy and sell a bunch of Chimera's Eyes. Jewelcrafters will still need those, especially in the next tier of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    If they introduced 'better' gems, they'd have to re-tune the profession benefits to match. Otherwise if they made epic gems with say, 60 STR, Blacksmithing would become the best profession in the game, by a huge margin.
    They introduced epic gems in wotlk and adjusted the profession benefits. This won't prevent them introducing epic gems.
    I'm pretty sure that they will introduce epic gems in the next content patch but still there is so much pyrite ore stocked by ah goblins. I cant see it giving a huge income. ( maybe if you buy pyrite ore really cheap)

Deleted
    I'd buy a TCG loot card mount. Safe bet is that those will only go up in price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep it till next expansion then if you don't care about gold, maybe u can get a few server first proffs or sumthin or buy a plethora of gear and be ahead of the game in craftables before most people and go up in a progression guild if you're more skilled, sooner or later ull be in a rank1 guild, took me 2 years but I did it it works..just guild hop on progression.

If they introduced 'better' gems, they'd have to re-tune the profession benefits to match.
    You mean exactly what they did in the previous 2 expansions?

Deleted
    Its not like retuning the proffesions is more then a couple of clicks,

up all bonusses to 100

I'd sell it for real life monies.

Deleted
    TIL this forum has many gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Oh yeah?
    And what to do with all the Tokens i get from the Daily?
    Ive bought the last possible recipe few days ago...and we are just halfway thru the expansion.
    How about buying Chimera Eyes and having mass profit?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I would save such an amount of money for the next expension , so i can get all the crafted / boe's etc. to have and kind of advantage in the early stage with raiding , or , if there is some stupid BiS item for me from 4.3 , i'd buy that too.

You have 200k gold, you must be doing something right. Just keep doing it and you will be fine, unless you stole or bought it.

Deleted
    I personally invest my money in rare tradeskill recipes my characters have left to learn. They will never disappear and it's nice to be able to say that I am able to craft every single item there is for a profession. Currently alchemy is the only profession I have every single recipe for, but I'm close to completing my collection for tailoring, enchanting and blacksmithing also.

Of course that's not something you can resell, though you may profit from it greatly if someone wants the rare item crafted and you are one of the few people who know how to craft it.

I would get at least 10 of each new wrist enchant from cata for the next x-pack, as well as hypnotic dust/greater celestial/heavenly shards for the next x-pac and patch...I think you can see where I am going with this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Any type of Ore / Bars / Herbs, Tend to fall off the charts for a while then blow up in price down the road, look at all wotlk herbs they are crazy priced well on my server anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I currently worry that if you try to get commodities such as items to resell later you may end up with a lot of unsold stock.
    It's difficult to project long term investments in World of Warcraft with an unchanging economy. One of the events that changes the economy, however, is patches. A patch to remove certain recipes for example, adding something new, changing requirements for pets or mounts, etc. Start researching upcoming patches, blue posts, and the PTR. Short term investments are more successful, but long term investments in WOW is a gamble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bank on it.

Currently, gems are balanced with other profession benefits.
    If I am a Blacksmith, my profession benefit is 2 extra gem slots. If I'm putting 2 STR gems in those slots, I gain 80 STR, which is exactly what any other profession will yield (except Jewelcrafting, which yields 81), or the equivalent.

If they introduced 'better' gems, they'd have to re-tune the profession benefits to match. Otherwise if they made epic gems with say, 60 STR, Blacksmithing would become the best profession in the game, by a huge margin.

Since there's no real need to adjust profession benefits at this point, I'm making the prediction that there will not be epic gems in Cataclysm.
    Uhm, did this not happen in Wrath?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by contemporary View Post
    Any type of Ore / Bars / Herbs, Tend to fall off the charts for a while then blow up in price down the road, look at all wotlk herbs they are crazy priced well on my server anyways.
    downside is the demand collapses aswell. Sure a bunch of stacks are a good investment, but 200k worth of Cata herbs will take forever to sell in the next expansion. I think the best investment is some old materials, as we'll likely get new races and/or classes, people will want to level new chars. So they need old materials to level professions, old "twink" gear and Heirloom Enchants.

But save most gold for the next expansion to level up professions. The first few weeks competition is low and stuff sells for a fortune. I tend to use it to level my (and my alts) asap. This unlocks a massive gold-making potential.

Just buy mats cheap and craft for profit. However doing all 200k at once might leave you with too many items which might lose value over time. Knowing what exactly to buy isn't easy, on my server I bought a bunch of rare patterns and pets to resell but they just won't sell because apparently people don't care about that kind of stuff on my server so it takes forever to sell till finally someone comes along who cares about rare stuff. On other servers oozelings and such sell like crazy!