Shadow Word: Death PROBLEM

Hey all, I've recently began playing a priest and for some reason, I have to hit Shadow Word: Death repeatedly for it to actually go off and thus, makes me waste a lot of time (when I could, instead, be hitting some other ability). Is it supposed to do that?

I have no such issues with any other abilites or on any other toons.

Thanks!
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

you're probably trying to hit it while still on GCD, since a lot of priest abilities are instant it throws some people off, as does the fact that mindflay is channel'd and still has the same 1.5sec (or less with haste which you should have) GCD, the more you play with it, the more you get used to it.

I had the same "odd feeling" for a bit but when you get used to it and all it works exactly as it should.

The only time that happens to me is with the glyph and when i hit the target at 25%, it looks like it doesn't go off because of the CD not setting but it also doesn't show the GCD so i spam it like crazy til i have actually casted it 2 times and the CD starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Munki View Post
    The only time that happens to me is with the glyph and when i hit the target at 25%, it looks like it doesn't go off because of the CD not setting but it also doesn't show the GCD so i spam it like crazy til i have actually casted it 2 times and the CD starts.
    That could actually be the issue as I do have that glyph. I guess I'll just have to keep on mashing that key XD. Thanks!
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Vixen View Post
    That could actually be the issue as I do have that glyph. I guess I'll just have to keep on mashing that key XD. Thanks!
    Whenever you see something under 25% health, just be prepared to mash your SWeath button twice. When something is above, you should only expect to hit it once. If you're still having an issue of it "not going off" above 25%, then I'm not too sure what the issue is =X

I've noticed that the SWD glyph doesn't always seem to work right, supposed to instantly reset but I've noticed that I can start casting other spells before it can be recast, might just be latency on my end idk. But yeah it is probably just the glyph playing tricks on you