Holy Paladin PvP - A Question About Beacon of Light

I'll be the first to admit I'm not too savvy with how to go about my business as a Holy Paladin in a PvP environment at any sort "pro" level. I can keep a FC alive, when Rogues don't dual Ambush them, and I can help a group in Alterac push towards Vandarr. However, one thing I haven't got set in stone is my usage of Beacon of Light. In the former example, I put it on myself and allow that and 3/3 Protector of the Innocent to keep me alive while keeping a priority target alive. In the latter, I use it on other Healers to ensure the whole group's mutual survival.

Have I been utilizing it correctly, or to an acceptable effect? If I'm unable to find a deserving candidate for Beacon of Light, I usually just place it on myelf and heal nearby players on my way to the FC or next objective. Is there anything I need to adjust regarding my current plan of action?

thats what i do as well so if its wrong then we both are

In normal BGs, I tend to Beacon myself and wait until we get the flag (if TP or WSG) and beacon the FC. If it's a node capturing BG, I just tend to Beacon myself, since healers are often targeted.

And in arenas, I tend to Beacon the person with the lowest survivability. However, I usually change it depending on who the other team is focusing.