29. This poll is closed
  • Civ 5

22 75.86%
  • From Dust

7 24.14%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Civ 5 or "From Dust"

Steam's got a weekend deal going on for civ 5, it's only $13. From Dust is $15. I was about to buy From Dust before i saw the Civ 5 special.
    Anyone played both games and recommend which I should buy. (I didn't play on spending more than $15, so both is out of the option.)

I've completed the campaign on From Dust, it's a cool game. It's more fun than Civ 5, but definitely shorter.

Just saying: check out the Civ 5 computer recommendations. They're a tad ridiculous. That said: I love the series. Never played From Dust though

Personally, I hated Civ 5. Then again, it was my first of the series, so it may just not be for me.

I've never played From Dust, but since I hated Civ 5, From Dust'd get my vote.

I loved Civ1 back in the day, never played 2 or 3, 4 was ok. I'd probably go for Civ5 since I have no clue what From Dust is...What is it?

I like them both. From Dust is fun as hell and is very sexy but extremely short. Civ 5 on the other hand.... so much replay!

Civ 5 is the better game imo but From Dust is a unique and fun experience if you can ever grab it.

Having played both Civ 5 by a long shot

Thanks for the tip buying civ 5 now.

I think I'm going to pick up Civ 5. $15 is something I'll have again some other time, where $50 is a different thing.

Thanks for the tips guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Civ 5 is great...but it's death for a weaker machine.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

CIV 5 is so much fun, I liked the older ones a lot more until I really got into the new combat system. I dislike some of the diplomacy changes, but its not a huge deal to me. (Gonna invade you because I am catherine, despite us being great friends up to this point! NO OTHER REASON! MUHAHAH)

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Civ hasn't really been the same since Civ 2 and maybe Civ 3. That being said, I still prefer Civ 5 over From Dust

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Civ hasn't really been the same since Civ 2 and maybe Civ 3. That being said, I still prefer Civ 5 over From Dust
    lol civ 3 was complete joke. Civ 5 isn't much better. Game is highly limited by hexagonal board and tedious combat system. But at least they tried to release something different, because beating Civ 4+ datadiscs was impossible.

My recommendation - If you have Civ 4, dont waste money on Civ5. Otherwise buy Civ 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    lol civ 3 was complete joke. Civ 5 isn't much better. Game is highly limited by hexagonal board and tedious combat system. But at least they tried to release something different, because beating Civ 4+ datadiscs was impossible.

My recommendation - If you have Civ 4, dont waste money on Civ5. Otherwise buy Civ 4.
    Civ 4 and 5 are so completely different is a joke, and with sales civ 5 is basically the same price, and the majority of people would say 5>4.

Civ 5 was fun enough really, at least in my opinion. From Dust is LOTS of fun, but .. for just some few hours. EXTREMILY short game. Get Civ 5, then you'll have lots of fun for lots of hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a demo for civ 5 on steam u can try to see if u like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta go with Civ 5 as well. In addition to being slightly cheaper with the sale. But the replay value is way higher on Civ than from Dust. From dust is a fun game for sure but I was sad about the length of it.

From Dust isn't even worth 5$...

From Dust is amazingly fun, but you'll get much more for 13$ with Civ5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    From Dust isn't even worth 5$...
    Agreed. I didn't find it that fun either, but if you liked Black and White its alright. I was hoping for something more Populous like, and that it is not.