Soloing Old Raids

Okay something added that is important: Can it be done in Retribution? Making it simply a nuke race?

I'm no rich man and I'll admit it without a moments thought. Only average I sit with around 7k on the off chance I need to power level a new profession or pay for some stupid expensive enchantment. I don't want to do the whole "pay the auction house" thing because frankly I find it really boring after trying the gem, dust, skin, ore, uncut gem, alchemy (both transmutes and flasks) and herb market. I have tried to do the whole make money via selling my professions such as Blacksmithing and Jewlcrafting but it never caught on and I hate the whole "I'll sell it for 2 good less then that guy" mentality that people have. I can do the selling of BoE Valor items but I hate using my old toons due to having played them too much and time restrains couped with not remembering how to play them any more.

So I have been left with this: Either I go back to my gathering roots (I made my starter gold by doing all the farming myself) level a druid and start up botting, never done it before but I'm getting that close to it right now and it would never be to crash markets simply to make some gold now and then, or start farming old world Raids and Heroics for the gold they can dish out. I like the idea of not being a cheater and farming the raids but I have no idea what ones can be solo'd, which ones will be worth my time (read something about trash farming TK mobs), how to solo them and how much I can make.

I'm intending of moving back to my Paladin from my Warrior, while I love the bugger Paladins will always hold my cold dead heart and I don't care that Retribution is broken it is still the spec I loved from day 1 until I tried to tank which killed my Paladin for me, and am currently Protection Spec, Theralic, I can keep it as my offspec and build it up to levels where I can tank them.

What I would like to know is this: Please tell me what ones are worth doing, if they are still worth doing at all, the ones I can solo and maybe if you feel really kind if you would link a post or blog that tells people how to solo the places. If I could solo Karazhan and Gruul it would be nice as I want those teir for my sets.

TL;DR: Oldies worth farming for gold? Need help please help with tactics and doability.

*Paladin for life*
    Last edited by AutomaticBadger; 2011-09-08 at 08:19 PM.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Retribution is broken? This is news to me, and I play Ret. You totally forgot about dailies which can be completed in 15 minutes.

I never can understand how people cannot make gold, blizzard throws it at you through many different ways.
    I just come to the conclusion you are lazy and complaining.

Also to farm mobs in old dungeons.
    1.Zone in.
    2.Kill it all.
    3.Profit.

There are no tactics. Know the bossfights and whether or not you need an additional person.
    Last edited by Judgement27; 2011-09-08 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kara is very soloable. only issues is chess. might wanna stand in all three beams on netherspite also since they give him buffs and heal him. they did nerf the amount of gold dropped, but you can still make a bit doing it. there are also some nice pieces if you are looking for transmog items. not too sure on the rest yet. but pallies are pretty good at keeping themselves alive

Deleted
    Kael'thas is very fun to solo imo, u gotta try that.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 manning BWL with my friend every week I believe we normally get about 400-600g a week for a very fast clear. Once you figure Razorgore out it's a very easy and fast clear and won't take much effort. I know you said solo, so I am not sure, but if you can get past Razorgore most of it should be pretty easily soloed.

Most definitely worth farming for gold if you're bored and dont want to do dailys. Also you might pick up xtra cool looking gear for the future !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgement27 View Post
    You totally forgot about dailies which can be completed in 15 minutes.
    dailies are definatly a very easy way to make gold. you can make something like 300 g just doing molten front dailies. it's very quick and easy. most people i tell to do dailies though are like "it's too boring" i want to make gold doing nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement27 View Post
    Retribution is broken? This is news to me, and I play Ret. You totally forgot about dailies which can be completed in 15 minutes.

I never can understand how people cannot make gold, blizzard throws it at you through many different ways.
    I just come to the conclusion you are lazy and complaining.

Also to farm mobs in old dungeons.
    1.Zone in.
    2.Kill it all.
    3.Profit.

There are no tactics. Know the bossfights and whether or not you need an additional person.
    I asked about the ability to do them, since some cannot be done due to mechanics, I do the dailies but that is a non-sequitur as anyone who does not do them is either rolling in money or lazy I am neither, I have tried everything else if you read up stating that they didn't work for me not that they didn't work.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Yes they are. 250g coin per boss from Mt. Hyjal, its a joke to clear in gear that is obtainable now. SSC, TK, Gruul's if you feel ballys. Easy 5 - 7k a week if you try to solo every single raid possible. And if you don't like the methods Blizzard has put there to make money, then that's just tough. You have to pick one and use it or you will sit there broke and have no one to blame but yourself.

Do Not Do These Bosses:
    High King Mulgar
    Kael'thas (Its doable as a paladin I'm sure. But you need to be geared to the teeth and know where to drop the advisers, more trouble than its worth imo)
    Razorgore (Obviously)
    Twin Emps
    Viscidus
    C'Thun (Unless you do the Ouro strat)

Instances To Avoid:
    Ulduar
    ToC & ToGC
    ICC
    BT

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrel View Post
    Kara is very soloable. only issues is chess. might wanna stand in all three beams on netherspite also since they give him buffs and heal him. they did nerf the amount of gold dropped, but you can still make a bit doing it. there are also some nice pieces if you are looking for transmog items. not too sure on the rest yet. but pallies are pretty good at keeping themselves alive
    You can get away with just standing in the blue beam on Netherspite. Even as a tank he dropped before the first phase shift.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Don't go to kara looking for a profit unless you can disenchant and you're willing to kill every mob for greens and cloth bosses give 4g only.
    If you want to kill your way up for a profit this is what I do every week.

Mag - 50g (lame but really easy, ~65 when you're done vendoring stuff, why not)
    SSC - 1250g (1550 ideally but Vashj can't be solo'd by paladins yet[got up to 3 cores then I ran out of ways to stop getting endlessly feared{undead paladin would be cool here}])
    TK - 1050g (Kael is easy when you get it down, takes a bit of raid gear, even old 359s will do, and understanding of your class, standing out of the fire, [quite literally] etc)
    Hyjal - 1300g

BWL - This one's the best, will give you around 1300g and the elementium sells like candy and not for cheap.

To the least this is 5k a week. To the most.. hard to say, depends on server prices but surely about 9-10k (depends on how many elementium you get and if you scavenge for cloth and greens)
    Last edited by Veliane; 2011-09-08 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    As mentioned above, Kara is very soloable although you don't really get a whole lot in cash from it. That said, if you can DE you can come up with a heck of a lot of BC enchanting mats that sell surprisingly well for some silly prices (at least on the servers I play on), the netherweave stacks you get too.

For netherspite drop a consecrate in his path and bolt for the door and up the ramp, when he aggros he'll run through the door and up to you but will outrange the beams then it's just a tank and spank.

For chess, move a few pawns forward to give your king and queen room to move out of cheating then use the queen to needle the opposing king down. Your queen will likely die but by then a king vs king fight will be a pushover. You can also use the cheating to your advantage since it hurts ANY piece standing in the fire so by backing up and letting your opponent follow you will result in their swift demise.

If you want to make gold, you'd be better off doing dailies and tanking random heroics. In fact, tanking random heroics is the one that I would recommend the most. Not only do you get trash and boss gold/loot, but you get gold from the satchel and you can spend your Justice Points on the BoE boots, which tend to sell quite well.

Old raids really aren't worth it for the gold, in my experience. Blizzard makes a point to nerf the lucrative bosses once they become soloable.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

How does someone do the trash farm mobs in TK and can they be done as Retribution or is it not going to work? I remember doing it as my fully geared Warrior in ICC with Showdowmourne