High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

LoL, HoN, DotA. Decisions...

So here I am wondering which of these 3 games would be more worth my time. I love the whole concept behind them and really want to get involved with one of these games. They all are very similar it seems, but which one would you recommend and give there pros/cons. I am sure there is a thread like this so just bear with me. If there is a thread EXACTLY like this one don't hesitate to throw it to me. Thanks in advance for all the info guys. Much love!

Quote Originally Posted by Narcotix729 View Post
    So here I am wondering which of these 3 games would be more worth my time. I love the whole concept behind them and really want to get involved with one of these games. They all are very similar it seems, but which one would you recommend and give there pros/cons. I am sure there is a thread like this so just bear with me. If there is a thread EXACTLY like this one don't hesitate to throw it to me. Thanks in advance for all the info guys. Much love!
    Ever played dota?

Go for HoN now, check out DotA2 when it releases.

Never played a Moba?
    Go for LoL.

But the best advice I can give you is this:

Play all games, 20 games at least for each game so you get a decent understanding how the games feel and pick your own poison from there.

EDIT:
    Let me clarify why I didn't put DotA in there (The Wc3 mod)

The game is not as big as 6 years ago. (Yes, there are less custom games on battle.net than 6 years ago!)
    Not only that but if you do play from battle.net you will encounter a lot of leavers ruining your gaming experience.

You would need to look into a "third party" so you can get a decent game. (I used to use garena like 8 years ago or something)
    There are also other websites that "track" your stats in DotA games but I wouldn't know anything about them since it has been so long ago.

For the better experience pick HoN/LoL/DotA2 because they will have less leavers and give better games in general.
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-09-08 at 07:15 PM.

Blizzard DOTA!

if you don't mind steep learning curve go for dota

Deleted
    This thread is not gonna turn out well.

LoL and HoN are free, try both, decide for yourself, some like LoL, some like HoN.
    DotA you will have to buy Warcraft to play, but there aren't many people playing it any more I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    DotA you will have to buy Warcraft to play, but there aren't many people playing it any more I think.
    There are millions of people playing dota. Atleast few millions in garena. Once i saw 2 millions in warcraft RPG servers and constantly 300-500k'ish ppl are online any time only in RPG servers. Also Battle.net, a russian server which i don't remember the name and wepla(turkish server) are highly active dota servers.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2011-09-08 at 07:33 PM.

Dota! Dota is so much phun. <3