Page 1 of 3
LastLast

September 9 Hotfixes

Patch 4.2 Hotfixes - September 9
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons & Raids
    Firelands
    • The number of Smouldering Essences that can be collected from a single boss in 25-person Firelands on Heroic difficulty has been reduced.
    • The number of Smouldering Essences that can be collected from a single boss in 10-person Firelands on normal mode has been increased.
    • Beth'tilac
      • The hit points and damage done by drones and spiders in this encounter have been reduced by 10%.
    • Ragnaros
      • Ragnaros should now be crushing fewer souls on Heroic difficulty.
    Sunwell
    • Kalecgos
      • Kalecgos should no longer despawn when first engaged.

Items
    • The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer ignore cooldowns when a clone spell procs.
    • The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer trigger melee procs from trinkets, however, it should still trigger melee procs from abilities such as Flametongue Attack.
    • The trinket Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor is now pulsier, with more lightning!
    • Moonwell Chalice should no longer grant its mastery rating bonus when the activating player unequips it.

Quests and Creatures
    • The vehicle entered when on the quest Punting Season should no longer provide players immunity to fall damage.
    • Scourged Flamespitters should no longer grant experience when killed.
    • Subdued Canyon Ettins from Redridge are no longer capable of being led to Stormwind.

are the two fallen towers in azshara going to be rebuilt?

Can someone explain the change to the mechanics of Tarecgosa staff? Is that a nurf or a buff?

beth nerfs lol

Good to see 10man raiders being given a fair crack of the whip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer ignore cooldowns when a clone spell procs
    Does this mean it can no longer proc off for example a Mage's Deep Freeze or Combustion (since they have a 30s/2minute cooldown respectively)?

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    Does this mean it can no longer proc off for example a Mage's Deep Freeze or Combustion (since they have a 30s/2minute cooldown respectively)?
    It means the bonus spell will benefit from any cooldowns you are using. So if you have elemental mastery up as a shaman it will still get your 15% damage bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I think it means that internal CDs of trinkets such as Theralion's Mirror won't be ignored anymore, I read you could get a 50% uptime of the buff with the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by deadshane View Post
    Can someone explain the change to the mechanics of Tarecgosa staff? Is that a nurf or a buff?
    The bug fix to this has been live for almost a week already and was used to address trinkets. The Wrath duplication was ignoring the ICD of rng proc trinkets allowing for large uptimes on trinkets like Theralion's Mirror

Deleted
    I approve of these changes (y)

Deleted
    RagnarosRagnaros should now be crushing fewer souls on Heroic difficulty.
    How does this explain the health nerf? I like the humor from time to time but that doesnt tell anything what was nerfed. Gladly we know about it, sure. But man..

Deleted
    And what about the other stealth hotfixes?!

Deleted
    Crushing fewer souls, hahaha

Tentatively optimistic about this news. The staff bugfix was inevitable (and needed), and hopefully Essences now drop at a reasonable rate. Can't check the 10 man #s until next week though.

The trinket Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor is now pulsier, with more lightning
    Is this a damage buff or a proc chance buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    How does this explain the health nerf? I like the humor from time to time but that doesnt tell anything what was nerfed. Gladly we know about it, sure. But man..
    It's humorous, that's all. The people who are doing the attempt are well aware of the HP reduction by now :P

Beth'tilac

The hit points and damage done by drones and spiders in this encounter have been reduced by 10%.
    Wonder if this is for Heroic or Regular. Started bashing our heads in on this fight, wouldn't mind a bit of assistance :X

Wondering what the new values on the Pulse Capacitor are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Wonder if this is for Heroic or Regular. Started bashing our heads in on this fight, wouldn't mind a bit of assistance :X
    I hope it's Heroic too, my mouse was about to learn how to fly after many tries

Kalecgos should no longer despawn when first engaged.
    Took them long enough.

its for heroic and ya the glitch with the trinket procs getting reset was bound to get fixed.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements