Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demo Warlock AOE Spiderlings on beth.

First of all sorry for my bad english!

I know that it is hard for some warlocks to do the spiderlings. So I have a video from our first kill on beth'tilac so you warlocks that struggle on it can see how I did.

Armory can you see in the youtube description.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H87-3l1s1Mk

Doing Hand of Guldan(talented) helps alot on gathering them up, so you can do shadow flame(glyphed).
    Last edited by Deviolle; 2011-09-10 at 09:55 AM.

That's what I do and I've never had a problem with them.

It is just tips, cause I have not seen any warlock movie out there yet who have done it, nor have I heard about a warlock who did it.. so im just showing to help other warlocks.

what do you use for your raidframes addon?

I actually dont know, I use TukUi duffed(DPS/tank) setting.. look it up at wowinterface and look through comments, maybe you find an answer there

nice vid btw, cheers

I have been a soaker on Beth for some time now it's really really easy for demo locks to do but most guilds use boomkins and hunters if they have them. But just posting so you know there's another demo lock out there stomping spiders!

Is there any reason why there's so little locks doing it? is it becuase it's harder, or is it becuase warlocks are better with spinners/drones than Hunters/droods?
    But I seriusly doubt that...

It's alot more annoying on Heroic because the spiderlings have to go through goo and it's hard to hellfire without going into that goo.

I am pretty sure that you dont have to kite them through the goo, I dont think it does damage to them.
    Last edited by Deviolle; 2011-09-09 at 02:04 PM.

Nah the hellfire has a pretty big range tbh, and locks suck on the spiderlings cause they die so fast...

I spider stomp as Demo on reg mode, but for our heroic attempts, we have our hunter do it, and I just shoot an SC:SoC on them when they come out (I go aff for which I am very grateful, I dislike Demo...)

Hunters have several advantages in heroic, including but not limited to:
    Feign Death - When a drone focuses them (if a warlock gets focused, they have to switch off with someone else for spiderlings)
    Concussive Barrage - AoE ranged slow with no cooldown (HoG has a longish CD, and glyphed shadowflame is melee ranged)
    Glyph of Raptor Strike - 20% DR vs exploding spiders (not an advantage over warlocks, but an advantage overall)
    Disengage - To get out of goo if they get stuck in it
    Bombardment - Pretty much allows them to spam multi-shot, giving them very high AoE damage, which is ranged, and has no target limit (as someone else state, with goo everywhere in heroic, it makes hellfire a lot less viable option, not impossible, but a lot less viable.)

Warlocks CAN do it on heroic... hunters are just better at it.

Yeh, but we should take 20% less damage than a hunter and boomkin, and Deathcoil is pretty much the only spell that can save us if we get low, and hunters have detterence, and boomkins have??? My point is, that hunters/droods should take abit more damage than locks, and that they are even better at dpsing spinners, so why not let a demo lock doing it if they can?
    The only time we should have issues is when the drone fixat on the lock on spiderlings, and the first spawn of spiderlings.
    Last edited by Deviolle; 2011-09-09 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviolle View Post
    Yeh, but we should take 20% less damage than a hunter and boomkin
    We have soul link for 20-25% DR, hunter have glyph of raptor strike for 20% (if a hunter isn't raptor striking banelings for 20% DR they are doing it wrong >.>), moonkins are... moonkins for 15% DR

Difference of 0-10%, definitely not 20%.

Deathcoil is lol, 8-10k healing... that's less than a healer's weakest heal I really doubt it'll "save you" very often, unless yer talking about just getting a drone off you... and well.... feign death?

Like I said, I'm not arguing that a warlock can't do it, but trying to argue that a demo warlock has any advantage greater than maybe 5% DR over a hunter is just silly...
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-09-09 at 02:27 PM.

So it's not that big a difference, but you gotta agree, compared to a warlock Demo or aff, that Droods/hunters still are better on spinners.
    Im not trying to defend warlocks on this spiderling job. on our kill we also used 2 hunters on the spiderlings. it's just that it might be harder for a lock to do it and risky . but if you take a pro lock/drood and a Hunter, who would do this job best?
    Last edited by Deviolle; 2011-09-09 at 02:29 PM.

Nice vid, gratz for the kill.

Az!

Im not only talking about the AOE'ing and survirvel, but also who would do it best on the spinners. I have tryed being on spinners and it is not easy for a lock cause the spinners die so fast and we have a long rampup for achieving reasonable DPS. Im just saying, I'd rather put a lock on the spiderling duty than a hunter/drood since they do so well on spinners.
    Last edited by Deviolle; 2011-09-09 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviolle View Post
    So it's not that big a difference, but you gotta agree, compared to a warlock Demo or aff, that Droods/hunters still are better on spinners.
    I was agreeing... you were the one saying otherwise... am confused...

Edit: totally read spinners as "spiders" and assumed spiderlings. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-09-09 at 03:47 PM.

I'm a casual demo lock . currently only 4/7 norm so not the greatest expert out there .

I'm scoring about 22-25K on fl bosses and at least for me spiderlings duty is pain . beth is the only fight I'm not leading my raid team in DPS even thpugh when it comes to the burm phase I lead by a huge margin . the spiderlings take a big chunk off my deeps and our hunter do 100% more damage on them .

I use : (keybind pet attack to HoG) , shadowflame , hellfire . if felstorm is up I use it too but it's available only each 3rd wave . I use meta and immo aura only on first spiderlings batch becasue I want to make sure I have meta for beth herself .

I do 1.45 milion dmg on spiderlings while our hunter do 2.77 mil so yeah...it's hard to me .

hunters are just great for this imao . I think feral too but our feral is on spinners and drones and this is the only fight he beats me in . spiderlings duty makes me sad but as long as we get beth down I'm fine with this .

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I'm a casual demo lock . currently only 4/7 norm so not the greatest expert out there .

I'm scoring about 22-25K on fl bosses and at least for me spiderlings duty is pain . beth is the only fight I'm not leading my raid team in DPS even thpugh when it comes to the burm phase I lead by a huge margin . the spiderlings take a big chunk off my deeps and our hunter do 100% more damage on them .

I use : (keybind pet attack to HoG) , shadowflame , hellfire . if felstorm is up I use it too but it's available only each 3rd wave . I use meta and immo aura only on first spiderlings batch becasue I want to make sure I have meta for beth herself .

I do 1.45 milion dmg on spiderlings while our hunter do 2.77 mil so yeah...it's hard to me .

hunters are just great for this imao . I think feral too but our feral is on spinners and drones and this is the only fight he beats me in . spiderlings duty makes me sad but as long as we get beth down I'm fine with this .
    The only thing I see that I can help you with is that try to use one CD at the time, and you have to use Meta always on CD to achieve maximum DPS(even on AOE situations), but dont use it with felstorm at the same time. also while they still are running down to the same ground level as you, try to dot them all up with immolate. Also if one spiderling is far ahead of you try do axe toss to get them back together with the other spiderlings.
    Last edited by Deviolle; 2011-09-09 at 03:15 PM.