Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the best horde race for shadow priests? PVE

Question is in the comment. Simple, what is the best horde race for pve shadow priests?!

Goblin is probably up there, probably followed by Troll, then the others are somewhere behind them.

Goblin has 1% haste buff always which makes it the best. Troll is an extremely close second since they have a berserk buff which increases haste by 20% I think however its a 3minute CD and doesnt mean anything if you're forgetting to use it. Blood elf is nice for fights when your basically chewing through mana on multiple targets. Arcane Torrent returns a nice amount of mana if you use it when you have power torrent, darkmoon card:volcano, and lightweave (tailoring cloak enchant) proc'd. All of your shadowpriest questions can be answered in detail at www.shadowpriest.com (fantastic website, I've been going there since TBC)

Afaik goblin for 1% haste and OP rocket pack / rocket shot. Troll is also nice because Berserking can be used when more damage is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

If you mean just to look cool, undead.

Deleted
    I'd say that the on demand troll racial is probably to prefer over 1% haste, so troll as far as racials go. If you can't stand their goofy looks, and the fact that they look pretty shitty in gear, then goblin is a good second choise.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I'd say that the on demand troll racial is probably to prefer over 1% haste, so troll as far as racials go. If you can't stand their goofy looks, and the fact that they look pretty shitty in gear, then goblin is a good second choise.
    Goblin look awesome, that is opinion. A flat 1% haste is better for a shadow priest than the clicky Troll racial. Shadow Priest need to hit a certain haste breakpoint for Vampiric Touch which happens to be really high. The Goblin racial makes it so much easier to reach that breakpoint, leaving more room for mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Goblin look awesome, that is opinion. A flat 1% haste is better for a shadow priest than the clicky Troll racial. Shadow Priest need to hit a certain haste breakpoint for Vampiric Touch which happens to be really high. The Goblin racial makes it so much easier to reach that breakpoint, leaving more room for mastery.
    I pretty much agree. However, mathematically Berserking breaks down to more Haste (1.11111% [repeating]) than the passive 1% from Goblin. That said, I'd rather have the passive Haste as a Spriest than the On-Use. The only situation where I'd rather have a Troll is where the boss is a Beast where a Troll gains 5% passive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I pretty much agree. However, mathematically Berserking breaks down to more Haste (1.11111% [repeating]) than the passive 1% from Goblin. That said, I'd rather have the passive Haste as a Spriest than the On-Use. The only situation where I'd rather have a Troll is where the boss is a Beast where a Troll gains 5% passive damage.
    On the contrary, Berserking wins because not only is it 1.1111111111111% haste when used on cooldown, but its effect is amplified when you tie it into Dark Archangel, trinket procs, or other such short term increases in output.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering this for a while but I am way too lazy to do the math myself, assuming you are well above the haste threshold on your own and you have DI, how big of a dps would troll be over goblin (berserking obviously wins over 1% haste for the reasons kelesti listed). Im curious because if the number is minor I would probably take the blink instead. If you need exact numbers my armory is in the sig.

Deleted
    Probably Goblins for the passive 1% haste. Trolls are also pretty descent with a more "burst" racial.

Trolls are the best for pve, beserking is slightly ahead of the 1% passive racial but the difference is really miniscule. Personally I like my goblin simply because rocket jump is OP compared to the other racials you get from trolls + a portable bank you can use every 30 minutes + exalted discounts even if you aren't exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by scandalis View Post
    Trolls are the best for pve, beserking is slightly ahead of the 1% passive racial but the difference is really miniscule. Personally I like my goblin simply because rocket jump is OP compared to the other racials you get from trolls + a portable bank you can use every 30 minutes + exalted discounts even if you aren't exalted.
    Dirty Goblins

Basically Troll is better for PvE unless you don't want to be bothered with a on use ability like that. If that's the case go Goblin... it doesn't actually matter too much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Dirty Goblins

Basically Troll is better for PvE unless you don't want to be bothered with a on use ability like that. If that's the case go Goblin... it doesn't actually matter too much though.

You're giving away the secrets to rocket jump and barrage

Edit: And here I read PvP, fml.

Go goblin, rocket jump can be a huge dps gain in certain fights.

Goblin. The most important part of PvE is dodging fire, and rocket jump helps with that.

Goblins are the easy route, though a good troll that knows how to time beserking with cooldowns/procs will always dominate by a good margin.

Just because it ends up being more haste and you can use it with buffs doesn't mean it is better. You aren't adding in the bonus mastery you can get with goblin, and also that if you are below the haste cap before berserking, you will most likely do less damage in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedic View Post
    Goblins are the easy route, though a good troll that knows how to time beserking with cooldowns/procs will always dominate by a good margin.
    What a gross overstatement