Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    The Goblins and trolls are weak! POWAH to the forsaken!

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    426
    Troll is better than Goblin for the reasons stated here. If you have some kind of way of tracking trinket procs, and can pop your Berserking on top of trinket procs and/or Dark Archangel, then you're winning.

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral Neliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,111
    Goblins might be best, but I'd go back to troll any freakin' day. Cause I don't wanna be a little green slimeball running around.

  4. #44
    Goblins might be best, but I'd go back to troll any freakin' day. Cause I don't wanna be a little green slimeball running around.
    If you enjoy Troll animations over Goblin, go Troll, since it's better than Goblin.

    And to the guy who said that Berserking was just casting speed. NO. It's Haste. Just make a lvl 1 Troll to check it out. Pop Berserking, tada, you now have 20% Haste.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  5. #45
    my vote goes for goblin, flat 1% haste will always benefit you, and rocket jump is awesome, fights like staghelm where youre transitioning from scorpion to cat phase, or the other way around, allows you to get outside the circle quickly to continue dpsing. or jumping over or out of fire, it gives a nice boost to our mobility.

  6. #46
    Well, in my opinion...
    For looking cool - Undead.
    For maxing DPS - Goblin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

  7. #47
    Troll's Berserking is much better than Goblin's flat 1% haste increase, however rocket jump is extremely usefull in some encounters where you need to move quickly. I personally would go with Goblin.
    Forgot to mention, that it's easier to reach the soft haste cap as a Goblin.
    Last edited by Sahagin; 2011-09-10 at 12:11 PM.

  8. #48
    The Patient wxcopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    325
    Undead may have the worst racial in the game, but the casting animations are the best in the game. It's your call.

  9. #49
    I prefer troll. The racials are debatable to which is better and I've never looked at a goblin and said, "O wow he looks cool."

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahagin View Post
    Troll's Berserking is much better than Goblin's flat 1% haste increase, however rocket jump is extremely usefull in some encounters where you need to move quickly. I personally would go with Goblin.
    Forgot to mention, that it's easier to reach the soft haste cap as a Goblin.
    shhhh! do not mention that or that on a movement fight a single rocket jump would let you cast an extra spell or two. It would destroy the berserk arguments.

  11. #51
    The Patient TheWishMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    272
    goblin as an overall dmg. for burst troll wins.

  12. #52
    Male Forsaken, for the hidden +10% to Sexy Casting Animations racial they have.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  13. #53
    shhhh! do not mention that or that on a movement fight a single rocket jump would let you cast an extra spell or two. It would destroy the berserk arguments.
    shhhh! do not mention that on any fight you can use Berserking together with Lightweave, Power Torrent, pot, Hero/BL, DMC:V and or/TM proc. It would destroy the goblin arguments.

    Seriously, it has been common knowledge since Cata launch, that Berserking is miiiiiiiiles ahead of Time is Money. Why start asking questions now. I understand that some ppl prefer Goblins over Trolls, but don't come here, in a thread that asks which race is the BEST for Shadow PvE, and say that Goblins are better than Trolls, when it's simply... false.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  14. #54
    Mechagnome Exiztence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    574
    5% extra damage vs. beasts makes it even clearer choice even if it's 1 boss per tier really.

    Retired; Muerte of Loot FTW, Exizt of Pacifism, Exiztence of Vortex.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Seriously, it has been common knowledge since Cata launch, that Berserking is miiiiiiiiles ahead of Time is Money. Why start asking questions now. I understand that some ppl prefer Goblins over Trolls, but don't come here, in a thread that asks which race is the BEST for Shadow PvE, and say that Goblins are better than Trolls, when it's simply... false.
    Whats that "common knowledge", I have never seen that... Troll could be better dps vice but difference is very small. And dead dps does no dps. Though, troll prolly have advantage in fights with burn phases.
    Some simcraft results with my characters gear:
    worgen: 31367dps
    troll: 31117dps
    goblin: 31393dps

    Can someone run same with BiS gear too, would be intresting to see?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    shhhh! do not mention that on any fight you can use Berserking together with Lightweave, Power Torrent, pot, Hero/BL, DMC:V and or/TM proc. It would destroy the goblin arguments.

    Seriously, it has been common knowledge since Cata launch, that Berserking is miiiiiiiiles ahead of Time is Money. Why start asking questions now. I understand that some ppl prefer Goblins over Trolls, but don't come here, in a thread that asks which race is the BEST for Shadow PvE, and say that Goblins are better than Trolls, when it's simply... false.
    Rocket Jump can be valued highly in PvE. Good to dodge fires with. It is not common knowledge what is best, it is preference. Some prefer Berserking timed with their CDs etc. Some prefer flat haste that isn't that much worse than berserking combined with Rocket Jump. If I was horde and if I were to choose the race to maximize PvE, I would pick Goblin combined with Engineering. It would be fucking awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •