Work is giving me a new laptop. Will this run WOW well?

It's a business laptop.. not a gaming one so I have no clue if I should even bother installing warcraft on it.

Dell Latitude E6520
    CPU: I5-2520M Dual Core (with hyperthreading makes it 4 cores)
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    Hard Drive: 250GB 7200RPM SATA
    Video: Intel GMA HD 3000 (guess it's built in with the CPU)

No clue if this rig will run it well. The video card intregrated in with the CPU scares me.

This is a business style laptop so my company didn't bother with any of the gaming upgrades.

Well? Not a chance.

The lack of discrete graphics makes it bad for gamin use, but it's really borderline for WoW and worth a try. Will probably run farming and daily quests just fine, maybe five-man instances too with low enough settings. And you don't even need to install WoW on it, you can just run it from external USB disc first to see how well it works.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Forgot to add I'm installing Win 7 64bit on it.

You can run it, but not well. It's playable at very low resolutions or settings, but the lack of a dedicated GPU makes it suffer.

And it becomes four virtual cores rather than four cores.

Yes! BUT and a BIG BUT, you would get 14fps or so in dalaran, with everything on the lowest it can go.

My old laptop... Dell D620.. ran WOW but with everything on minimum. And even then I was getting 10-20 FPS most of the time. It had a dual core AMD 1833Mhz in it with 2 gigs of ram and intragrated video.

So I'm hoping it's better than that.
    Last edited by BodycountQQ; 2011-09-08 at 11:05 PM.

Explain to that that the laptop purchase they propose is inferior in terms of running WoW and you need something with more testicular fortitude or else all you will be able to use the laptop for is work... and that sucks!

15+ Year Old Account
    First thing I checked, upon getting my laptop for University, was whether it could handle WoW. It could : - )

First thing I checked on getting my first laptop was whether it could run Warcraft III. It could not : - (

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    First thing I checked, upon getting my laptop for University, was whether it could handle WoW. It could : - )

First thing I checked on getting my first laptop was whether it could run Warcraft III. It could not : - (
    Why can't it? I have Warcraft III installed on my computer... so don't pull the 64 bit argument! ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    First line is about my University laptop, the second line is about my first laptop ever!

10+ Year Old Account

My first laptop was absolute shit and ran WoW during Classic-Wotlk on low with 15fps...as soon as cata hit..i couldnt get more then 2 fps with the game in a tiny window with all low settings and everything. Now i made sure my new laptop can run any game i want on max settings and still say 200+fps(even though over 60 dosnt matter)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First line is about my University laptop, the second line is about my first laptop ever!
    You sneaky sneaky mod you!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water