Exclamation Soloing Kael'thas Sunstrider HELP!

Please, as a Ret Paladin, is it even possible? How does any class solo it?
    If anyone knows any video of a paladin doing it or a thread of someone, somewhere that explains it, I would apreciate it so much!
    Thanks in advance!

I tried to do this the other week with 2 other ret paladins... didn't happen lol. So I imagine wouldn't be any easier. Too many abilities affecting you in melee range that ranges classes can avoid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhwzMEvbc1I

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, I'd just do it on my DK instead =O. But defiantly doable as a ret paladin as the video shows.
    i have no signature, because carrots.

Lots of kiting. First video i saw was a blood dk of course, full dps gear, gemmed stamina, reforged everything to crit, fully buffed, drums, resist elixir, etc, kited them through half the instance, his 4 cronies that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I tried to do this the other week with 2 other ret paladins... didn't happen lol. So I imagine wouldn't be any easier. Too many abilities affecting you in melee range that ranges classes can avoid.
    It's actually harder that way than doing it alone, since he won't use mind control if you're going solo. And since paladins can't use daggers, you can't dispell MC except once every 5minutes using bubble.

There are multiple rets out there that did it. They all got in common, that their pve gear is pretty decent. So my guess is, once the 4.3 5mans are out, every non-raider will be able to gear up to the point where it is doable, me included.

Deleted
    And some time ago we tried 3 weeks with 25 players to get that kill ... Ridiculous indeed

15+ Year Old Account
    The key is the staff. If you have a staff-wielding buddy, it is 1000000000x easier.

I tried duoing it with a Holy Paladin friend and we were both in 359 gear (this was several months ago). We got a kill ONCE out of like 40 wipes. She switched to her Resto Druid in blues and greens and we've 1-shot it almost every week since.

Staff wielder means:
    • No stuns (from Mr.lolRemoteToy)
    • No silences (from Mr.Big&Slow)
    • No disorients (from Kael and from High Astromancer yurunincirclestho)

Just get a staff wielding friend and then have her stand out of line of sight in Phase 4 so she can't get MC'd.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

simca beat me to it.

soloable is doable, but ridiculously hard

2man is sooooooooo much easier, by such a crazy long way if they can just hold a staff

Guys thanks for all the advices and the video link! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Brusco86 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhwzMEvbc1I

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, I'd just do it on my DK instead =O. But defiantly doable as a ret paladin as the video shows.
    why didn't he get MCed?
    Last edited by Sufferr; 2011-09-09 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    He was alone.

Warning, Wall of Text below.

It's really easy, it's all about cooldown management, ei - blow something before you need it and you're done.
    Few things you need, Glyph of Seal of Insight, Glyph of Word of Glory, Templar's Verdict and Glyph of Divine Protection.
    Spec for Selfless Healer and Last Word.
    Make three Quick Macro that read:
    1# /target Cosmic Infuser
    2# /equip Cosmic Infuser
    3# /equip Whatever your 2H weapon is currently
    Put them somewhere you can reach 'em.

So.. get in combat and run all the way back to the main entrance, right where the instance portal is, there are two thin golden'ish arc-shaped columns, stand with your back against one of them.

Seal of Truth up and Devo Aura -
    Kill Thaladred and Hand of Protection right away to clear the bleeds when he's down, heal with any lefover HP and Holy Light.

Wait for Sanguinar, hit him before he has the chance to cast Bellowing Roar, that will make him cast it forcefully which gives you the chance to line of sight it with one of the door entrances (not the one at the beggining).
    After first Roar take him back to the exact same place Thaladred was and Kill him.

As you kill him switch to Seal of Insight, Resistance Aura
    -

Start Running like a madman as straightforward as possible to Kael's room, right as you climb the Left side ramp and you're about to turn, hit Holy Radiance as you'll engage Capernian welcoming you with a conflagrate in the face, Trinket this one avoiding her melee range and keep running to Kael's room, hit her with a Judgement far enough to get Long Arm of the Law and sprint your way unscratched.

When you reach Kael's Main Room the doors are sealed, just hump the wall to the right and Capernian will follow in, standing by the entrance, you can dispose her now (she may get very annoying.. trinket, bubble, or wings might be tempting but don't use them! just plain kill her even if it takes a bit of patience.)

Telonicus up next, run back to where you found Capernian the first time (which is a middle spot between the top part of the ramp and the door) kick his ass and leave him with ~20k hp, now move as if you were going back inside but stop right at the door.

This can make or break your attempt, dodge bombs as best as you can, when your Remote Toy debuff is about to end, Kill him, if he stuns you and re applies it again, you're screwed.

Provided you didn't mess up, Seal of Righteousness and Retribution Aura.

The weapons are out to get you now, as soon as you kill Telonicus run to where you left Capernian dead, it's time to use that Cosmic Target Macro, first thing the Cosmic Mace will do for some reason is Heal, even if you didn't do squat to any weapon yet, this makes it easy to Rebuke lock the weapon and have it follow you.
    DS spam, WoG your health up then dont worry about Inq, just make sure you're set on the Mace and bring it down, once it's dead move the other weapons away anywhere you want, just far enough so when they all drop you don't have to loot them all before you get to the Infuser which is the only one you need... focus the shield next because of the HP you need to set your ST damage on it or it'll be up after everything else has fallen (Discliamer - Many people grab it but I found it a liability, it doesn't help terribly really, depends on gear I suppose)

Everything is dead, the Mace is in your bags, you're a happy person, woot, have Seal of Insight and Resistance Aura for the rest of the whole fight and get next to Capernian's dead body.
    Equip the Mace and as Kael says I'm just returning the favor Holy Light once getting back to your Original 2H, as a measure to cut some damage.

Capernian's up, most annoying advisor ever, pop Avenging Wrath and Guardian, you know what to do, slice her up like it's one of those SAW movies and she has inside of her the key to release your head from a bear trap.
    Trinket conflagrate and get as many hits you can before she starts shocking you away, then HoW her till death.

Telonicus is easy, just kill him, he'll debuff you with stuns but you have time. He'll be 50% to 20% dead when Sanguinar catches up, and Sanguinar is the equivalent of a fly, annoying yet harmless, deal with him in between stuns, keep your health at a confortable level, etc.

Thaladred pisses me off here, I swear he parries everything, anyway you can either go rambo on him and try to kill him before he kills you or range him with Judgements, Exorcisms, etc.
    Neither works, 1 he kills you, 2 you'll run out of time and Kael kills you, you want a healthy mix of both, run in to melee, move out to range, in melee, out range, it is slow, but effective, as usual Hand of Protection your stacks off.

Kael will want to get his hands dirty before you kill Thaladred probably, so start heading back to the main entrace in the lower floor of A'lar's room, and dont get punted below or you can call it great going and ghost-run back in for another 10 minutes of joy.

Thaladred's dead, you're by the main door of A'lar's room, etc - As the angry belf he is, he will cast a few Pyroblasts on you as soon as he sees you, 3 actually.
    Equip the Mace, do one Holy Light, switch back to 2H, pop Divine Protection as he's about to finish cast and get ready to tank fire boulders with your chin.

For all that I wrote before He is really simple, hit him, use cooldowns as you see fit, if you're doing well on health use them to kill him, if adds aren't dying enough, use them to kill adds, if your health drops too much save them to enhance your healing and hard cast Flash of Light.
    WoG as you need, alwys refresh you Cosmic Infuser's buff and back and forth with 2H.
    Holy radiance when needed., or on cooldown.

A few pointers.
    Disregard Phoenix adds, just turn and hit their Eggs, I once stopped caring about them... and found I had 7 on me, lived thru... but you.. you by god don't want to do that.. I lost some hair getting out of that one.

Pyroblasts... they hurt, he'll do 3. As a rule of thumb you want to Div. Prot tank 2 of them and Rebuke the third. Shock Barrier is a waste of time or Holy Power, don't try to break it.

Flamestrike - It hurts, a lot, like a lot. If you see it, get out, if you think it's coming, get out, if it's under you and you have more than 4 seconds on the Disorient (if less you can actually wait it out and strafe away), Trinket or Bubble and get out.
    Worst case scenario take it like a man, but make sure you're topped off with a least 2 holy power for a WoG.

At 50% or so he'll go cry to his mommy, this gives you time to deal with any leftover adds (Word to the Wise, have your back facing a wall) and wait for his return.
    Oddly enough his 'powerup' makes him weaker, to put it simply, the mace despawned from me and I still killed him without the Cosmic Infuser in two occasions.

Gravity Lapse damage is meaningless just stay ~15 yards away from him because he does Nether Vapor: reduces the total health of the player by 10% for 60 seconds. Stackable up to 9 times. if you're decently away from him he doesn't.

Same premise here, Tank Pyros with Div. Prot (pray your mace is with you still), if you see a Flamestrike nicely step outside of it, the Phoenix adds do come however much slower, kill the Eggs only... and he melees more, which is good, cause he hits like wet noodle.

This is it, so long as you don't get Nether Vapor x 3 or Derp inside ad Flamestrike it's over for him, enjoy your Ashes farming.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2011-09-09 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Arcane Disruption, wth triggers that, disorient for 10 seconds, meanwhile he spams his fireballs..

Deleted
    I dual box this with my Ret and Hunter as BM, it's so incredibly easy to do.

1) Pull boss.
    2) Hunter FD's just outside KT's room, Pala goes to the entrance to kill the first 2 mini bosses there.
    3) Hunter kills the caster mini boss outside KT's room and FD's again.
    4) Ret runs into the robot boss room, kills the 4th mini boss in there then runs back to KT's entrance.
    5) AoE the weapons, Hunter loots the staff for the buff.
    6) Kill the mini bosses when they spawn, really fast with 2.
    7) Hunter pet tanks KT, Pala & Hunter can LoS with the door frame.
    8) Use Kill Command, Beastial Wrath, and add some extra DPS when it's "safe" (after he has emoted "obey me" or "bow to my will"). Make sure the Hunter pet is tanking within range to get the buff.
    9) When you get to the last phase I put my pet on passive and spam MD while I nuke, make sure you move out of nether vapor and it's an easy kill.