Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    from my standpoint... I dont care what specs u got, your "MAIN" is the one u r in the dungeon/raid with. If i heal, and and somting drops for my other spec. I ask the group if its ok for me to roll, no means no. there is no excuse not to use common courtesy i wow.

It's always courteous to ask, I like it.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

As long as it's clear someone is not ninjaing stuff repeatedly, i dont care who rolls on what in 5mans.

I like you guys with this whole asking business. Even if you ask, and they say no, there's nothing stopping you from needing it anyway. It's not like the button is magically grayed out when they say no. lol

LFD, where men are men, women are men, and animals are also men. It's not supposed to make sense. It is what it is.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invadermatt1 View Post
    If its in a 5 man I really dont care what people roll on...
    All bad habbits form somewhere, and in wow its 5 mans. loot drama in raids is started by greedly needing lol in 5 mans.

Last time I ran, the tank needrolled on a DPS cloak that I wanted, since I were running with my Fury spec to gear it up. He basically told me to shut up and mind my own business, since he had both a Tank and DPS spec, he thought he were entitled to whatever he points at.
    So I gave right back at him when the Tanking trinket that he wanted and solely ran the dungeon for dropped. I needed and won.
    He flipped, of course. But I told him that I have a tank spec aswell and that I'm entitled to it aswell.
    He had absolutely no arguement against me so instead he started to curse and call me names, so I reported his ass.

I love LFD. Also, revenge is sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    Last time I ran, the tank needrolled on a DPS cloak that I wanted, since I were running with my Fury spec to gear it up. He basically told me to shut up and mind my own business, since he had both a Tank and DPS spec, he thought he were entitled to whatever he points at.
    So I gave right back at him when the Tanking trinket that he wanted and solely ran the dungeon for dropped. I needed and won.
    He flipped, of course. But I told him that I have a tank spec aswell and that I'm entitled to it aswell.
    He had absolutely no arguement against me so instead he started to curse and call me names, so I reported his ass.

I love LFD. Also, revenge is sweet.
    At the Start of Cata, When running my first heroic, SFK, This priest rolls on a dps cloth robe "Im on a warlock", and the only dps clothie, i said hey thats not for healing, its got hit, he said i only qued as healer to get in the dungeon my main spec is dps, later a healer cloth item drops and i roll need and win the other 2 ppl start to lol, and he goes thats a healer item it has spirit not for dps, i said my main spec is healing i only qued dps to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    At the Start of Cata, When running my first heroic, SFK, This priest rolls on a dps cloth robe "Im on a warlock", and the only dps clothie, i said hey thats not for healing, its got hit, he said i only qued as healer to get in the dungeon my main spec is dps, later a healer cloth item drops and i roll need and win the other 2 ppl start to lol, and he goes thats a healer item it has spirit not for dps, i said my main spec is healing i only qued dps to get in.
    Aw man, that must have generated a nice amount of lulz. I chuckled deep inside myself.
    Also, poor priest. I'd rather go with spirit gear, even as dps. Makes switches easier between healer and dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

Deleted
    eh, depends, if that person actually plans on using it then i dont mind them taking it. its when those people come through an need everything for OS. but dont care much in 5mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post
    i neither ask such a stupid question nor give a response when someone asks.

need > greed, i need it for my offspec. don't be like this hunter
    no, you should have had the courtesy of asking you shouldn't be needing on offspec unless you asked and all were ok with it. Things like this is why people complain about pugs all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Im gona be happy in future mmo's where there is no loot rolling.

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 06:01 AM ----------

There has been a steady decline in the quality of people in lfg lately.
    it was high to start with???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    MS/OS don't matter in LFD. Doesn't matter if you need it for your second spec, your third spec, or you're just needing to shard it. Need away.

these guys are what is wrong with the wow community, douchebaggery at its finest

Deleted
    I think part of the problem lies with the system itself. If the need button is enabled for someone and the said piece of gear works for their OS, they are not obligated to ask. And please, don't compare raids to 5 mans.

Deleted
    I'm curious to see if people will start needing on gear for Transmogrifying

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone needs for MS, I will say no I do care if you need for OS when someone needs for MS. But usually, people are okay with judging whether the MS person has rolled need, before they ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a za/zg, and they're rolling for offspec with an enchanter in the group, I get mad. To me, Maelstrom crystals>Your shitty offspec that you probably won't play if you're getting upgrades for it in za/zg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    these guys are what is wrong with the wow community, douchebaggery at its finest
    Pretty pathetic thing to take a screenshot of. Pure dps classes only have the luxury of rolling on one particular type of gear-that which suits their class. Multi-role classes can roll on a variety of gear for multiple specs. It's a shitty practice, and highly telling of someone's personal caliber to pull garbage like this, even in random instances. People justify it, and other people accept it. It's a sad fact, but this isn't a new issue, and certainly isn't going away anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    Indeed. Sometimes the LFD - tool acts like some sort of trigger. When people get grouped up trough it they tend to forget that they're actually dealing with real people.

There are people who say they "Need it to vendor it cause they NEED the money." Is that okay too?
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

after a warrior roll need for a agi bow, when i was with my hunter, i just roll need when i need it. even for offspec. (the GM told if you can need, you can have that item)

even i roll need on last bosses if i'm with mi enchanter and need shards.

so thank you blizzrd GM for opening my eyes.