Thread: Pokémon!

Personal favorites:

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

My top-3 favorites now:

1. Dunno why, but i just love typhlosion. Guess it's the mighty look. :3

2. There's one they fear, the dovahkiin, Basculin! Adaptability aqua jet!

3. The card's bottom attack says enuf. Troll move and savior of the day on one city championships resulting me to get to 7th place.

Basculin annoys the hell out of Skelington! It makes him wish Tentacools were back. And yes, he meant that.
    Stunkfish is weird.

Ideal team (viability aside :P):

He's Tyranitar. Self-explanatory.

Wall+Drain+Cool typing+Good design=Best grass type.

I like the genies, and he's definitely the best, not least because of his interactions with Tyranitar.

Not gonna lie, I like him mostly because of his monstrous Sp. Att. The moveset helps too, and there's something inherently kind of amusing about a living chandelier.

Just adorable. Let teh jelly roll!

One of the few bug types I like. Thunder and Bug Buzz go so well together.

Overall, Gen 5 had a ton of amazing pokemon. My favorite since 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I can't agree more with this.

How dare they insult Stunfisk!

Stunfisk is the Luvdisc of Gen V.

Stunfisk just confused me...

Stunfisk, Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Chatot, and Luvdisc eventually need to band together, and put all the haters to rest
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2012-01-03 at 01:15 AM.

What do you mean Farfetch'd? Everyone loves Farfetch'd!

I feel stupid, didn't get my V-Create Victini Oh well, I guess I have my AR
    http://www.drinkinganddriving.org/
    In honor of all the kids bringing up my avatar:
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Wow, for someone with a trollface avatar, you are pretty bad at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    What do you mean Farfetch'd? Everyone loves Farfetch'd!
    Even Gamefreak hated Farfetch'd.

Not to mention his hilarious ~60 in every single stat. Oh Gamefreak....

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I can't agree more with this.

[IMG]-snip-[/IMG]
    at the bery bottom what is that one right next to the brick pokemon and that white pokemon? never seen that before

and also the pink and green pokemon are not fakemon their real

And Skelington's is rising.
    This new crossover sounds interesting. Hardly a wrong turn for them.
    And what's so bad about the Wii u?
    Yeah, Nintendo has been making some pretty great games lately (Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, etc.), the 3DS is cool, the Wii U looks awesome/powerful and a lot of game developers are interested in it...As well as being quite nice to their fanbase: a quick "thank you' when you start a game, free rewards, that calendar card replacement a little while ago, etc. Nintendo's an awesome company. Whatever they do with the crossover I'm sure it will be great.

Gen VI, please :/
    I doubt that will happen for another few years. We still haven't heard anything about a Pokemon Grey, and Ruby/Sapphire remakes were pretty much confirmed. It's still too early for gen. 6.

and also the pink and green pokemon are not fakemon their real
    Nah, they're fake. They look like recolours or redesigns of Shellos.

Well, I hope Grey is a lot more changed from BW then, or that RS will actually be different from the originals. I've always kind of disliked their formula of "5 games in a generation to print us more money" basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Well, I hope Grey is a lot more changed from BW then, or that RS will actually be different from the originals. I've always kind of disliked their formula of "5 games in a generation to print us more money" basically.
    For Grey, I would definitely like to see some changes besides a new legendary, although I'll buy it either way probably. For R/S, I don't care. The improved gameplay, graphics, and the new moves/abilities/Pokemon (as well as trading 3rd gen to 5th easily) will make it worth it for me. I can barely go back and play G/S/C because the gameplay is so awful compared to newer ones. R/B/Y are even worse, and R/S/E are pretty bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    For Grey, I would definitely like to see some changes besides a new legendary, although I'll buy it either way probably. For R/S, I don't care. The improved gameplay, graphics, and the new moves/abilities/Pokemon (as well as trading 3rd gen to 5th easily) will make it worth it for me. I can barely go back and play G/S/C because the gameplay is so awful compared to newer ones. R/B/Y are even worse, and R/S/E are pretty bad too.
    Personally, I found after playing Black for a while, then going back to my diamond game, it felt so incredibly slow. Like everything, the animations, running around, even text, was in slow motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    That's true about Gen 3. Good God, those games are slow in comparison to BW. They could add islands like a more indepth version of the LG/FR stuff though. Or heck, price them a bit cheaper, because I'm pretty sure HG/SS were full-price DS games for what really wasn't all that much extra.

Edit: Ninja'ed

Hehehe... Machamp...

Gary is very... VERY.. HNNNNG in that picture. <3