Thread: Pokémon!

Spoiler alert if you haven't watched Pokémon XY Special - Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 1~
    http://i.imgur.com/DJZje2D.gif
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Spoiler alert if you haven't watched Pokémon XY Special - Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 1~
    If blastoise ever did anything that cool in-game, maybe I'd like him more.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

How do you people have so awesome luck finding shinies? I've never encountered one.

Then again, my luck is on the other end of the spectrum and I get asshole things done to me like moves with small chances to status change me always happening... /grumble.

I think they just play a lot.

Also, some people are crazycakes dedicated to shiny breeding. -stares at Derpette-
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    How do you people have so awesome luck finding shinies? I've never encountered one.

Then again, my luck is on the other end of the spectrum and I get asshole things done to me like moves with small chances to status change me always happening... /grumble.
    Viscoe is sorta right about playing a lot, I just passed 460 hours myself.

Friend Safari has been my bulk of shinys tho, 7 of the 9, the other 2(3 if you count the one I ran from) from Horde Battles.

Friend Safari has an increased chance of shiny. Horde Battles just because you run into 5 at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mepeteatu View Post
    Friend Safari has an increased chance of shiny. Horde Battles just because you run into 5 at once.
    Ah, yes, I forgot about FS.

Makes me wonder where Seel ran off to. Seel's shinies were farmed from FS and he had a theory that some safaris were more lucrative than others. I wonder if there's any truth behind that, and if so, how it becomes effected?... /wanders off to google

I bet its all the same, if anything, the chance is equal to or greater than Masuda Method Breeding.

Can't really find anything after precursory googling. I'm not willing to spend much time on this because Diablo 3's got another exp buff going on this weekend!

But yeah, all I'm really finding are various theories, but, the general consensus is "it's really easy to find shinies here!" Which I didn't doubt, but I dunno if it's actually be better than MM. Maybe equal? But I don't really have evidence to go in either direction, as I don't farm FS enough and I've only MM'd 2 shinies.

I also found someone talking about it on a tumblr blog called "Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss!" so I realized I reached the deep part of the internet and had to pull out before the sillies got me. xD

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Ah, yes, I forgot about FS.

Makes me wonder where Seel ran off to. Seel's shinies were farmed from FS and he had a theory that some safaris were more lucrative than others. I wonder if there's any truth behind that, and if so, how it becomes effected?... /wanders off to google
    Or siorray in this matter

- - - Updated - - -

For the shiny thing and other stuff, I just trade and wander round doing odd stuff, but I'm playing link between worlds atm, and it's pretty funny with ravio giving me the bow super early, so op

- - - Updated - - -

So basily the sentence above, I'm a heavy casual with no interest in battles or nuzlocke challenges (the wonder locker sounds interesting, but I need two copies of x/y and a 3ds, which are expensive)

Such an amazingly well made game. (LBW) So glad they went back to classic style of playing Zelda and not the stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post

So basily the sentence above, I'm a heavy casual with no interest in battles or nuzlocke challenges (the wonder locker sounds interesting, but I need two copies of x/y and a 3ds, which are expensive)
    Why would you need another 3DS?

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Why would you need another 3DS?
    So I don't lose what I got, as in I would do my poke bank thing, but haven't done it sense I transferred everything

- - - Updated - - -

Man, has anyone done "I agree to this terms and services thing" without reading it?

It's a Wonder Trade version of Nuzlocke.

Rules
    1. You must catch the first Pokémon you find in a new route. If you have it or a family member of its species, you CANNOT catch it. Failure to catch it results a loss in a new partner!
    2. The newly caught Pokémon MUST be WONDER TRADED (no in-game trades allowed). If you happen to get the same Pokémon as the one you traded, you may keep it (Hard-Mode players must trade again). If the Pokémon is one you've already captured (whether it be the same exact Pokémon, or its family member), you must trade again.
    3. All given Pokémon (like the starters, Lapras, and Torchic (for those during the event)) cannot be traded and are soul-bound.
    4. (Like any other Nuzlocke challenge), when a Pokémon faints, you MUST release it. (EXCEPTION: You may put it in a "Dead" box to be able to go back any look at your previous members for a memorial service.)

Extras for HARD-MODE
    Cannot keep any of the same species that have been caught.
    All given Pokémon must be traded.
    No mega-evolutions.
    All held items on the Pokémon traded to you must be tossed.

The Patient
    It's a Wonder Trade version of Nuzlocke.

Rules
    1. You must catch the first Pokémon you find in a new route. If you have it or a family member of its species, you CANNOT catch it. Failure to catch it results a loss in a new partner!
    2. The newly caught Pokémon MUST be WONDER TRADED (no in-game trades allowed). If you happen to get the same Pokémon as the one you traded, you may keep it (Hard-Mode players must trade again). If the Pokémon is one you've already captured (whether it be the same exact Pokémon, or its family member), you must trade again.
    3. All given Pokémon (like the starters, Lapras, and Torchic (for those during the event)) cannot be traded and are soul-bound.
    4. (Like any other Nuzlocke challenge), when a Pokémon faints, you MUST release it. (EXCEPTION: You may put it in a "Dead" box to be able to go back any look at your previous members for a memorial service.)

Extras for HARD-MODE
    Cannot keep any of the same species that have been caught.
    All given Pokémon must be traded.
    No mega-evolutions.
    All held items on the Pokémon traded to you must be tossed.
    Tgm did a variant of it, but only one poke died instead of all of them (one of the "until I die" series)

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    So I don't lose what I got, as in I would do my poke bank thing, but haven't done it sense I transferred everything
    Okay, I'm confused.

You said you'd need a second copy of X or Y, correct?

Why not just use that to restart over and over for your Wonderlocke/subsequent playthroughs?

That's what I do. You don't need more than one 3DS for it, if you drop 5 bucks on Pokebank (which is cheaper than 200 for a new 3DS.)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for what it's worth, I hated my Wonderlocke. It was terribly easy. Wonder Trade is almost always breeding rejects, so they all had respectable IVs and egg moves, and this game is too easy to ever have your 'mons even slightly threatened. It was my first ever "blank"locke and I was even doing it in Spanish so I had some trouble with what moves I had, and I was really let down by not even losing a single one of them ever.

I didn't even get one with a funny name. Totally lame.

Wonder Trade now a days is basically spitbacks.

Wonderlocke was harder at the start of the gen, where 90% of trades were pure garbage.

Wonder Trade now a days is basically spitbacks.

Wonderlocke was harder at the start of the gen, where 90% of trades were pure garbage.
    I'd believe it. I suppose I waited too long to do mine. xD 'twas a few months ago.

You'd have an army of Bidoofs and Bunnlbys back then.

The Patient
    You'd have an army of Bidoofs and Bunnlbys back then.
    But now you may get an iron fist chimchar from wt nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Is that meant to be dragon pulse?

- - - Updated - - -

Why the heck do people WANT a lvl 1-10 Shelgon on GTS? Or anything impossible to legitimately get for that matter? Sure all the moves it can get are available one way or another?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.