Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    The elite four in B2/W2 uses items in the challenge mode. But what I think is funny that a lot of people here choose Legendaries even though Elite Four never used legendaries.
    I don't have either of those so yeah, I wouldn't know :P Oh, yeah, and the legendaries

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Are there more news other than the 3 starters, the 2 new legendaries and the release date in October for 6th gen? Have I missed something?
    The new Eeveelution Sylveon. Other than that no news.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I don't have either of those so yeah, I wouldn't know :P Oh, yeah, and the legendaries
    Reminds me of the guy that beat ash in the Sinnoh league. That was the season where ash was by far the most competent, and what do they do? They make him fight a guy with a Darkrai and a Latios.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    The new Eeveelution Sylveon. Other than that no news.

Reminds me of the guy that beat ash in the Sinnoh league. That was the season where ash was by far the most competent, and what do they do? They make him fight a guy with a Darkrai and a Latios.
    One thing is having random trainers have legendaries (which makes no sense), another thing is to have random trainers have legendaries without any explanation.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    One thing is having random trainers have legendaries (which makes no sense), another thing is to have random trainers have legendaries without any explanation.
    Yeah. At least they gave an explanation for that one guy with the Articuno, and Charizard won against that (would have been a damn shame if he hadn't)

Well legendary pokemon are able to breed in the anime, the only reason they can't ingame is for balance. What would be unrealistic is having no trainer-controlled legendaries. I want to see ash fight strong pokemon that are actually strong, not Bellsprouts that are stupidly overpowered like in the kanto league.

I wish gym leaders/elite four used legendaries in game too. They're meant to be representative of the greatest trainers of a region, and yet each can basically get beaten by a single pokemon that exploits the weakness of their chosen type. Whitney's miltank was the last challenging gym match I've had.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-03-21 at 05:48 PM.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Well legendary pokemon are able to breed in the anime, the only reason they can't ingame is for balance. What would be unrealistic is having no trainer-controlled legendaries. I want to see ash fight strong pokemon that are actually strong, not Bellsprouts that are stupidly overpowered like in the kanto league.
    I kinda doubt that a Darkrai can breed, since it's basically an avatar of nightmares and stuff. Guess that doesn't mean there can't be more than one, but still. Just a tiny bit of explanation would be nice - after all they are legendary.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Mechagnome
    While I agree that I want ash to have a challenge, it's just stupid that his opponent has a Darkrai and a Latios and wins the enitre tournament with only two Pokemon. (Hell he won using only Darkrai before he fought ash.)

I just remembered the gym in Mossdeep in R/S, and that Gym was the hardest for me of all the games, so I guess this Gym challenge idea is a throwback to that idea of a double battle Gym. And this, in contrast to the other's will be a mid-tier like Gym.

These two are to start out with, and the two in reserve are

I think bringing back double battle Gyms, at least one, would be really interesting for X and Y, at least as a throw back to Gen 3. As well as to exemplify the new 3D graphics even more.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

I wish gym leaders/elite four used legendaries in game too. They're meant to be representative of the greatest trainers of a region, and yet each can basically get beaten by a single pokemon that exploits the weakness of their chosen type. Whitney's miltank was the last challenging gym match I've had.
    what i find funny is that the little battle areas after the game is over apparently have stage 1 pokemon like said bellsprout faster than lets say your EV stat trained jolteon with a speed of say 360 and scarfed...how the hell is this possible?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

I really hope they drop the stupid features like Musicals and Pokestar Studios. Theyre cute the first time, but especially in the case of studios - having to go through them as part of the story progression is purely frustrating. I really rather they'd bring back the pokemon following you and pokeball seals.

I really hope they drop the stupid features like Musicals and Pokestar Studios. Theyre cute the first time, but especially in the case of studios - having to go through them as part of the story progression is purely frustrating. I really rather they'd bring back the pokemon following you and pokeball seals.
    weird, i loved the studio i hated musicals. but yeah id rather have some other form of extra end game/side game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    contests! I miss those :x
    I agree with this sentiment.

I agree with this so much, I was so dissapointed that they took out Pokémon following you in B/W. I don't find the Musicals or the Studio entertaining either, in fact I hated the Studio because it was forced upon you, if anything just bring back the contests and keep it at that.

If I were an Elite Four member:

Because fuck logic/game play mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Missingno used Sky Attack!
    *you use Disable*
    Missingno's Sky Attack was disabled!
    *next turn*
    Missingno used Sky Attack!
    /rage
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

Mechagnome

Hell, if I were elite four, I'd be a combo breaker and instead of a typed team have a themed team...
    Ok, Dark and Fire typing. >:3

(Except all the pre-evolved pokemon would have base stats equal to their evolved form that's on the team.)

I got a question for you guys. If you could come up with an ability for any pokemon, what would it be? (Oh, and just to make it more interesting, it can't be ridiculously overpowered and has to sound like it could be an actual ability.)

Mine would be called "Dirty Tricks" and it'd be for Zoroark/Zorua/Ninetales/Vulpix/Umbreon. Basically if an enemy uses a stat reducer, it increases that stat instead of reducing it. The downside would be anything that increases stats would reduce them for you. (So if your enemy used swagger on you, it'd reduce your attack instead of increasing it.)
    Last edited by Zorua; 2013-03-24 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I got a question for you guys. If you could come up with an ability for any pokemon, what would it be? (Oh, and just to make it more interesting, it can't be ridiculously overpowered and has to sound like it could be an actual ability.)
    Probably Psybarrier.

Any attack that is usually calculated against this Pokemon's Defense is calculated against this Pokemon's Special Defense instead.

For Mewtwo and Mew.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

Thinking up a (relatively) balanced ability is hard. I really want something to buff the throwaway bug pokemon like Butterfree, Beedrill, Kricketune, etc. But instead - something to buff my favourite (Absol's) subpar defenses!

Providence

It cannot be knocked out with one hit. [AKA Sturdy for Pokemon that can see the future.]