Thread: Pokémon!

  1. #6061
    Pandaren Monk Mechazod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dimension 324325
    Posts
    1,962
    I haven't really played a Pokemon game in a while and maybe there is a move like this already in one of the generations or as one of the special trait abilities or as a held item, but I would make a move where you "Sacrifice" all of your Pokemon's HP and it goes to 0, but that Pokemon becomes invincible to all damage for a few turns (like 1-3 or the count is random like Magnitude). After that random set of time the Pokemon dies instantly. Also when its at 0 no HP items/abilities can be used and you cant swap the Pokemon out.

    Probably overpowered/underpowered depending on the circumstances and would just be some kind of last ditch effort move or a tactic if used with reserve characters and like I said maybe there's something like this already in the games that I don't remember, I just think it would be a pretty cool idea.



    Also maybe some ability where you can transfer HP from one of your reserve Pokemon to the one currently out in combat(Blood Transfusion/Transfusion), or a special ability trait that has them constantly leeching a small amount of HP from all your reserve Pokemon every turn(Parasitic).

    Likewise maybe a mon-trait that has them constantly dealing a small amount of damage every turn passively to them self and the opponents Pokemon (Volatile/Unstable).


    Also even though the three Porygon's have Conversion I think a cool unique ability to them (and in the .1% chance they make MissingNo an official mon for shits and giggles) would be "Dimension Shift" -The Pokemon reverts to a 2-dimensional form and severely lowers its normal damage dealt/received, but also drastically increases the special attack damage dealt/received. Using Dimension Shift again returns it to a 3D form and reverses the effects and maybe can only be used every few turns.

    Also for shits and giggles since it references this in I think Ruby/Sapphires Pokedex entry for Porygon: "Copy-Protection" -This Pokemon is copy-protected and an opponent can not use transform or the move Copycat and Mimic on it.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-03-24 at 12:55 PM.

  2. #6062
    Dreadlord Karrotlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On Melancholy Hill
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Also for shits and giggles since it references this in I think Ruby/Sapphires Pokedex entry for Porygon: "Copy-Protection" -This Pokemon is copy-protected and an opponent can not use transform or the move Copycat on it.
    Don't forget Mimic too.

    My ability is called Disaster Area.

    It extends the duration of Hail and Sandstorm and causes them to do 4x damage.

  3. #6063
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post

    It extends the duration of Hail and Sandstorm and causes them to do 4x damage.
    If you introduce an ability like that you might as well have an ability with the effect "You win"

  4. #6064
    Dreadlord Karrotlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On Melancholy Hill
    Posts
    772
    Maybe I did go overboard just a bit.

  5. #6065

  6. #6066
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Why nightmares? Sure he's not what I would call aesthetically pleasing but I wouldn't call him nightmare inducing.


    Speaking of nightmares, I found this fancy artwork.


  7. #6067
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Why nightmares? Sure he's not what I would call aesthetically pleasing but I wouldn't call him nightmare inducing.


    Speaking of nightmares, I found this fancy artwork.

    Darkrai has some of the best fanart, imo (It being my favorite Pokemon in no way effects my opinion :P)

    http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/02...per-774379.jpg
    http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ay-d5evjaw.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/a9c2a3391...16to1_1280.jpg
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs13/f/20...s_whispers.png
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...di-d301qzf.jpg
    http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ed-d3684qe.jpg
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ai-d5dnzcr.jpg
    http://www.2d-x.com/wp-content/uploa...ai-211x300.jpg

    None of it is nightmare inducing by any means, it still looks awesome though (and I really like the last one, reminds me of Berserker from Fate-Zero).

  8. #6068
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post

    I got a question for you guys. If you could come up with an ability for any pokemon, what would it be? (Oh, and just to make it more interesting, it can't be ridiculously overpowered and has to sound like it could be an actual ability.)
    i thought of this a loooooooong time ago.

    Nemisis: when your opponent uses stat increasing moves you gain the same effect.

    how this works. if lets say your blaziken uses swords dance i also get the same buff.
    if your ninjask uses speed boost..yes its an ability..it still counts. you also gain the stat.
    if your opponent uses curse or moody you gain all of the useful effects but none of the takeaway.

    any pokemon who has this would probibly be banned from competitve game play because this would be hard to counter lol.
    my friend code...

    5241-1925-7760 name toasty

    up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

  9. #6069
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i thought of this a loooooooong time ago.

    Nemisis: when your opponent uses stat increasing moves you gain the same effect.

    how this works. if lets say your blaziken uses swords dance i also get the same buff.
    if your ninjask uses speed boost..yes its an ability..it still counts. you also gain the stat.
    if your opponent uses curse or moody you gain all of the useful effects but none of the takeaway.

    any pokemon who has this would probibly be banned from competitve game play because this would be hard to counter lol.
    Should also go for stat decreases. If the opponent uses Close Combat your defense goes down as well.

  10. #6070

  11. #6071
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Should also go for stat decreases. If the opponent uses Close Combat your defense goes down as well.
    but then it wouldnt be a nemesis...your nemesis needs to be a something you hate. he needs an advantage over you.

    also got another 1.

    carry on. what ever stat changes your previous pokemon had go directly to the next pokemon swapped in. it kinda removes the need for baton pass except now burns and stuff now carry over too. i really could see a person with guts or shedskiner taking advantage of this.
    my friend code...

    5241-1925-7760 name toasty

    up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

  12. #6072
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post

    carry on. what ever stat changes your previous pokemon had go directly to the next pokemon swapped in. it kinda removes the need for baton pass except now burns and stuff now carry over too. i really could see a person with guts or shedskiner taking advantage of this.
    That would be too op. It would probably get banned like moody.

  13. #6073
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Well... i feel like an idiot.

    I thought this was a new pokemon and scoured the net for 25 minutes trying to find an announcement for it.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  14. #6074
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Well... i feel like an idiot.
    I thought this was a new pokemon and scoured the net for 25 minutes trying to find an announcement for it.
    Speaking of new pokemon, think this is legit?

  15. #6075
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Speaking of new pokemon, think this is legit?
    After the last "leak" with the hooded bird and the bug pokemon, im highly in doubt.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  16. #6076
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Speaking of new pokemon, think this is legit?
    I would hope not.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  17. #6077
    pokemon still best games ever haha

  18. #6078
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Speaking of new pokemon, think this is legit?
    I sure hope not, Jynx is such an ugly Pokémon, just leave it be, no need for it to take anymore space in the Pokédex.

    My big fear is that they're gonna pull out either a Pinsir, Starmie, Weezing or Tentacruel evolution, they're some of my favorite Pokémon, and seeing what they did to Rhydon and Magneton I beg for them to leave my other favorites alone.

  19. #6079
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I sure hope not, Jynx is such an ugly Pokémon, just leave it be, no need for it to take anymore space in the Pokédex.

    My big fear is that they're gonna pull out either a Pinsir, Starmie, Weezing or Tentacruel evolution, they're some of my favorite Pokémon, and seeing what they did to Rhydon and Magneton I beg for them to leave my other favorites alone.
    While I don't really care about most of those pokemon you listed, I think Rhyperior and Magnezone are somewhat nice. At least Palmer's Rhyperior was insane! (Back then I was young and didn't EV train or breed for IVs so he was pretty hard for me.)

  20. #6080
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I sure hope not, Jynx is such an ugly Pokémon, just leave it be, no need for it to take anymore space in the Pokédex.

    My big fear is that they're gonna pull out either a Pinsir, Starmie, Weezing or Tentacruel evolution, they're some of my favorite Pokémon, and seeing what they did to Rhydon and Magneton I beg for them to leave my other favorites alone.

    What makes you think they would pull a Tentacruel evolution? Tentacruel is in OU already.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •