Thread: Pokémon!

  1. #7641
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. Did I read it wrong or did you say the new professor has a captured Mewtwo which he then loans you for a tutorial? That will make me very sad to see if its true, like a famous celebrity forced to do late night infomercials. I hope for right now that's just a placeholder thing for the demo.
    It's most definitely just for the demo. Companies do this kind of thing for demos all the time, in this case they needed to show off the newly revealed Mega Evolutions mechanic, and since Mewtwo is like the mascot of that it's obvious that they choose him to be the one you could test it with.

    Also, that Pokémon: Origins stuff actually looks pretty promising, I'm not usually into anime, especially not the Pokemon anime, but I'm sure I could give it a go.

    Oh yeah, I guess we know why they re-trademarked Charizard and Blastoise now.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2013-08-17 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #7642
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they either need to make a pokemon stadium 3. or a rpg. assuming its a normal pokemon game that is.

    if its a spin off then i would like a new pokemon snap
    I would actually consider buying a wii U for those.

    Pikman 3 showed how beautiful the graphics of Wii U can be. I'm imagining an HD Pokemon Snap 2.
    For those who haven't seen Pikman 3. The environment looks amazing and the pikman still have their cartoony design but don't really look out of place in that world.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, and Klefki.

  3. #7643


    Just posting it here because it beats looking it up in a vid.

  4. #7644
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Ahahaha.

    A guy is the luckiest guy, and the unluckiest guy in the world at the same time.

    He got the first Shiny Syleveon ever, And it was in a demo so he can't keep it!



    I'm loving it. I'm a sucker for Blue Shinies anyway.

  5. #7645
    Brewmaster Well's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,355
    Sylveon's nice on its shiny. A golden colour would be really nice as well.

    IS IT OCTOBER YET?!

    sigh

    - - - Updated - - -

    I can already imagine this:

    "So, he brings out his Lucario now, but does not transform. I think he may be bluffing the Mega Stone. Or is he not? He switched."

    OR

    "Fuck, he has 4 candidates for a mega. Need to be careful".

  6. #7646
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Ahahaha.

    A guy is the luckiest guy, and the unluckiest guy in the world at the same time.

    He got the first Shiny Syleveon ever, And it was in a demo so he can't keep it!



    I'm loving it. I'm a sucker for Blue Shinies anyway.
    that looks AMAZINGS @_@

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post


    Just posting it here because it beats looking it up in a vid.
    for some reason this looks alot to me like those arcade pokemon battles japan has that we are getting a 3ds port of.

    still could be a wiiu game but the battle looks awkward from that screenshot

    - - - Updated - - -

    heres the vid if people wanna see it



    - - - Updated - - -

    also now that ive seen the video. they showed the tretta thing before that so whatever the mystery footage is its definitely not that.

    still might be some form of cinematic and not actual game footage
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #7647
    I'm pretty confident that picture, is a teaser for a new game, and most likely for the Wii U.

    The video it appeared in, was done in a chronological order recaping the past pokemon games as pikachu approaches the most recent.

    We see X & Y and that Tetra game,... then a brief, almost teaser like look at whats to come after those...

    The graphics of it do not resemble 3DS and the only other nintendo platform is Wii U.

    Also the background art is very reminiscent of that of Colosseum, how you had battles in streets, roads, and towns.

    It seems pointless to make a random few second cinematic for no reason on a rather pointless video to begin with, why would they show all the former games and systems... then here's a nice 2 second CGI cinematic. No they're sending a message, here's whats to come beyond what's coming.

  8. #7648
    okay im really surprised this isnt being mentioned more.

    sometimes you can see the actual wild pokemon in the grass



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I'm pretty confident that picture, is a teaser for a new game, and most likely for the Wii U.

    The video it appeared in, was done in a chronological order recaping the past pokemon games as pikachu approaches the most recent.

    We see X & Y and that Tetra game,... then a brief, almost teaser like look at whats to come after those...

    The graphics of it do not resemble 3DS and the only other nintendo platform is Wii U.

    Also the background art is very reminiscent of that of Colosseum, how you had battles in streets, roads, and towns.

    It seems pointless to make a random few second cinematic for no reason on a rather pointless video to begin with, why would they show all the former games and systems... then here's a nice 2 second CGI cinematic. No they're sending a message, here's whats to come beyond what's coming.
    i know im just trying not to get my hopes up just incase it isnt an actual game.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #7649
    Brewmaster Well's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    okay im really surprised this isnt being mentioned more.

    sometimes you can see the actual wild pokemon in the grass

    This is so nice! Oh dear lord Arceus, bring October closer. I will sacrifise many patrats for it.

  10. #7650
    Brewmaster Zangeiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Grilled Cheese Factory
    Posts
    1,273
    I still have a question. Has anyone found the other side of diglet
    Clancy's watching.

  11. #7651
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    I still have a question. Has anyone found the other side of diglet
    https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7710242560/h84503E34/

    here you go ser.

  12. #7652
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684


    looks like it's gonna be a one time special, released on October 2nd.

  13. #7653
    they gave red a charmander in the special? can't they get anything right these days?

  14. #7654
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    they gave red a charmander in the special? can't they get anything right these days?

    It's based on the games, not the manga. So red having a charmander is perfectly fine.

  15. #7655
    Warchief Viscoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bluebell Town
    Posts
    2,062
    @The "mysterious battle footage." I hope it's another Colosseum game. Doesn't hint towards it even remotely, but I wish it was. Those were the only spin-off games I actually enjoyed and I've replayed them both multiple times over the years.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby
    Avatar by Kyoht.

  16. #7656
    Few thoughts on everything pokemon -

    The new anime is an awesome idea. I really hope they don't just go with the one episode only idea, and continue it through to red beating the elite four, and maybe even expand on it. They could go into why he was on mount silver, maybe there was a reason he was chilling up there, and show us what he's been up to the last three years.

    Lots of awesome stuff coming in X and Y. Something I've personally been hoping for since R&B, you can now track your pokemons EVs, and even train them outside of battle(if anyone remembers the original digimon world, and how you trained your digimon in that, it's kind of akin to that).

    The new pokemon look fucking sweet, from what I've seen, it's my favorite batch since gen 1.

    Mega evolution imo is just stupid, don't like it, but we'll see where it goes, maybe I will change my tune when I play it for myself.

    Sky battles seem like an interesting idea, can't wait to try that.

  17. #7657
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    684
    So many people say "Mega Evolutions are stupid" and they don' give any reason why.

    It will probably give battles an interesting new dynamic. And the designs so far are mostly pretty cool. The only stupid thing about it so far is the name.

  18. #7658
    I can tell you what makes mega evolution stupid; the fact overused and also uber pokemon get them instead of others who realy need a powerboost to get out of their NU or even worse PU tier...
    It will add a new interesting dynamic you say? There are 2 ways i see them;
    - if the stones don't dissapear after use they are basicly the same like an held item
    - if they do then they are just overpowered berries which add a new animation and a lot more power than a normal berry...
    So please tell me how this dynamic is any different from the ones we had up to now; besides giving some pokemon a new unfair advantage?

  19. #7659
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,860
    The only thing I don't like about mega evolutions is that their name changes to Mega <normal name> I think it could be a hell of a lot more creative (and I dislike the word mega in general)

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  20. #7660
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I can tell you what makes mega evolution stupid; the fact overused and also uber pokemon get them instead of others who realy need a powerboost to get out of their NU or even worse PU tier...
    It will add a new interesting dynamic you say? There are 2 ways i see them;
    - if the stones don't dissapear after use they are basicly the same like an held item
    - if they do then they are just overpowered berries which add a new animation and a lot more power than a normal berry...
    So please tell me how this dynamic is any different from the ones we had up to now; besides giving some pokemon a new unfair advantage?
    none of that stuff matters.

    i would bet a good portion of my life on the fact that they made these mega evolutions because they look cool and because those overused pokemon are popular.

    people forget that pokemon is for 10 year olds. just because there is a competitive side it doesnt mean it factors hugely into things like this.

    and they dont go away after use. only being able to use mega blaziken once would be dumb
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •